The NEW *INSANE DPS* 1.2 SORC Spec!

Saltydogz

There is no longer an insane dps spec. Theres not even a decent dps spec.

Sorcerer is now a dead class UNLESS......

You started the sorcerer for the same reason I did. The pretty lightning shooting from your fingertips and feeling the power flow through your body.

We are christmas lights now. We dont actually serve a purpose anymore in pvp/pve.

We just look like we are doing something awesome!

I applied for an arena team today. Heres the conversation:

Terani: "Hi, I would like to join your arena team please."

Team Leader: "What class are you, gear, valor?"

Terani: "I am a 01/13/28 spec sorcerer who consecutively plays well in WZ's most the time."

Team Leader: "Ahhh a sorcerer you say? Sorry you serve no viability for us after 1.2 patch. We want to win, do you mind rerolling Marauder???"

Terani: "Seriously? I love my sorcerer I have put over 250+ hours into her. What about her white crystal paid 2.5 million for? Or her valor 65 mount thats being removed from the game at 1.2? IF I reroll marauder I will never have these items. I just want to cry."

Team Leader: "Sorry buddy, I didnt think you guys were OP honestly because I rick rolled 60% of the 70% of sorcs in WZ's. Be positive though, take a step back and you will laugh out loud alongside all of us that didnt roll a sorcerer."

Terani: "Thank you anyways. Guess forum trolls are right since this is so funny to them that 70% of the playerbase was just told their class is now the least wanted choice for pve or pvp. My options are reroll, quit, or stick with my sorcerer and enjoy my daily dirt naps."

RIP Sorcerer. I loved the lightning. I will log on to look at you occassionally and remenince on what you once were.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont bother as you can look at all my posts to see my actual discussions that just got closed all together and reflected to the "Here all of you cry in this thread so theres less tears for us to mop off the floor."

Even my post begging to let me switch AC from sorc to assassin at least with a refund of my BM comms and Champ comms.

Assassin isnt broke. Bioware needs to work with us.

Not every sorcerer was doing 450-500k dmg in wz. Most avg. 150-280k.

The best of us pushed 500k. The best of us is not the rest of us.

It was bound to happen though when 70% of the wz was sorcs. That means 7 out of 10 deaths suffered was at the hands of a sorc. Had it been 70% mercs tracer missle spamming it would have happened to them.

The true unbalance of this game is the republic side is dead on my server, so I rerolled from my 50 commando which I loved to do a sith sorcerer because at least could pvp 24/7 almost against sith still lol. Now that class is toast, and my commando has no one to play with. Go figure.

GG

they nerfed our alrdy weak talent tree's..

and didnt scratch our terrible 31 pt talents,

or adress that we are the only class without a 2min~ defensive cooldown for crappy situations

so now:

low single target dmg

low aoe dmg

lowest dmg mitigation

lowest health pools

most fked over class by a terrible resolve system

Forcestorm is laughable. 300-400 a hit per person. Even if the entire ops team was in range what a joke.

It does look pretty though when we spam it waiting on wz q to pop.

You can remove the dmg from it, we dont care about it.

stop crying ok... I just tested post 1.2 specs and I still hit 400k+ dge n 120k+ heal. Sure dge might drop like 100k but in wzs we still the best. Now 1v1 is another story, but it's clear to me that bio ware is balancing around wz statistics only.

I don't get why sorcs got a nerf.... they had light armor! Sorcs are very easy to kill if you interrupt their heals.

Why can't Bioware just buff other classes to make them good? Do they just have to make classes lamer and lamer?

Thanks Bioware. My favorite long range class is ruined! First I was the easiest to kill, now I'm the weakest!

stop crying ok... I just tested post 1.2 specs and I still hit 400k+ dge n 120k+ heal. Sure dge might drop like 100k but in wzs we still the best. Now 1v1 is another story, but it's clear to me that bio ware is balancing around wz statistics only.

we still the best?

dude i pulled 828k dmg done in a voidstar..

thatll never happen again

i dont want to join warzones to fking aoe anyway

but we lost aoe, we never had single target

this class is in shambles.

free kills

Edited by wwkingms

the dmg nerf isant that big of a deal and the ehaling nerf now just requires you to think about how you heal instead of just rolling your face on the number keys, the class is too easy to play and has little challnge atm in 1.2 to keep dps up or heal properly it wil ltake more than rolling our face's across the keys. Edited by Dataplague

we still the best?

dude i pulled 828k dmg done in a voidstar..

thatll never happen again

i dont want to join warzones to fking aoe anyway

but we lost aoe, we never had single target

this class is in shambles.

free kills

Reading your posts make me wanna laugh.

First you said your talent trees are weak, then you said you pulled off 800K+ dmg in WZs and you fear that it would never happen again. Have you ever compared your DPS with other DPS classes with the same gear?

I don't think thats considered WEAK?

Not to mention your class is one of the easiest playing classes in the game.

Don't get me wrong. I have a Lv50 DPS Shadow and another Lv50 Sorc (my sister is playing one and I helped her playing sometimes). From my experience, Sorc really need a revamp for sure. Glad its happening in 1.2.

• 4 weeks later...
I don't get why sorcs got a nerf.... they had light armor! Sorcs are very easy to kill if you interrupt their heals.

Why can't Bioware just buff other classes to make them good? Do they just have to make classes lamer and lamer?

Thanks Bioware. My favorite long range class is ruined! First I was the easiest to kill, now I'm the weakest!

This is what I have always thought. They are really messing the game up by this. Whats worse is they are not only not nerfing and already OP class, they are giving them a buff! Annihilation Marauders will be the new 70% in wz. Mark my words (and its not due to wanting too, people will feel they HAVE to to be able to compete in wz).

Sort it out BW. We dont want OP classes - just fair treatment to classes many of us have put 100's of hours into building up.

You realise 400k isn't that high? lol

I don't even DPS, I heal. I respec to DPS for 1 day and average 500-700k in games like VS without knowing what I am doing.

So I do think the hybrid spec needed tuning down, just not destroyed entirely lol. I think a longer cooldown on CL would of gone a long way to tunning the class instead of utterly destroying them.

With the nerf of hybrid spec they really need to buff one of the other specs though, I will give you that.

PS - I seen a screen shot of a sorc doing 950k damage in a WZ and he had no keybindings beyond 1-= so I assume he is a clicker. Trololol.

Edited by Ikole

You realise 400k isn't that high? lol

I don't even DPS, I heal. I respec to DPS for 1 day and average 500-700k in games like VS without knowing what I am doing.

So I do think the hybrid spec needed tuning down, just not destroyed entirely lol. I think a longer cooldown on CL would of gone a long way to tunning the class instead of utterly destroying them.

With the nerf of hybrid spec they really need to buff one of the other specs though, I will give you that.

PS - I seen a screen shot of a sorc doing 950k damage in a WZ and he had no keybindings beyond 1-= so I assume he is a clicker. Trololol.

So...

you think the 500-700K damage coming from a guy that normally plays a healer and just decides to go DPS for 1 day is normal?

Look man, If anyone can faceroll and get 350K (I am guessing the 500-700K comes from skill as well) with any class, that class needs to be rethinked...

And...there is NO WAY you saw 950K damage on Lord Calypho :p:p - the screenshot was from another server, right?

the dmg nerf isant that big of a deal and the ehaling nerf now just requires you to think about how you heal instead of just rolling your face on the number keys, the class is too easy to play and has little challnge atm in 1.2 to keep dps up or heal properly it wil ltake more than rolling our face's across the keys.

This, the problem is a 3 yr old could play a sorc to almost full effect. I don't have any of the other classes to 50. But the rotation on madness was laughable before.....now....

Heals should be fun, consumption should be removed. Farming myself in wz's is broken.......But again only being able to use 5 abils (6 if u count the bubble) for heals isn't exactly intense.

So...

you think the 500-700K damage coming from a guy that normally plays a healer and just decides to go DPS for 1 day is normal?

Look man, If anyone can faceroll and get 350K (I am guessing the 500-700K comes from skill as well) with any class, that class needs to be rethinked...

And...there is NO WAY you saw 950K damage on Lord Calypho :p:p - the screenshot was from another server, right?

And in the same screenshot where a Sentinel (pure dps) pulled 850k SINGLE TARGET with 110k healing.

So if you think doing 100k more damage when your main attack hits 5 targets (and thats in aoe happy lolstar WZ nonetheless) when someone only attacking 1 target at a time putting out 850k... NO an AoE 950k is NOTHING since its mainly padding off 5 targets (but most people have little clue apparently). If the Mara/Sent's damage spread across 5 targets like CL... then you should see a VERY REASONABLE 3-4 million damage from 1 single marauder/sent.

Oh by the way since the 100k healing that the Sent did was pre-1.2 which only affects 4 target and after 1.2 the bleed heal will be spread up to the entire raid which will be effectively 200k healing from a PURE DPS class.

Yes people like you will argue but but but the 100k/200k healing is all coming from AoE tho... then yes exactly like how the 950k damage is coming from the total damage of 5 targets (thats also well healed as this is most likely a healing stalemate lolstar to get that kind of number and 100k+ sentinel healing.

Saying sorcs DAMAGE is OP is just as laughable as saying how sentinel as a main healer is OP.

Edited by warultima

We're getting nerfed so hard ... my poor Sorcerer ... full BM ... so much work into him ... for nothing.

But damn you nay sayers, I aint quitting on my Sorcerer just yet, I will still laugh at the foolish marauders that attempt to steal my life in a WZ.

The sh it has just hit the fan.

R.:wea_03:

And in the same screenshot where a Sentinel (pure dps) pulled 850k SINGLE TARGET with 110k healing.

So if you think doing 100k more damage when your main attack hits 5 targets (and thats in aoe happy lolstar WZ nonetheless) when someone only attacking 1 target at a time putting out 850k... NO an AoE 950k is NOTHING since its mainly padding off 5 targets (but most people have little clue apparently). If the Mara/Sent's damage spread across 5 targets like CL... then you should see a VERY REASONABLE 3-4 million damage from 1 single marauder/sent.

Oh by the way since the 100k healing that the Sent did was pre-1.2 which only affects 4 target and after 1.2 the bleed heal will be spread up to the entire raid which will be effectively 200k healing from a PURE DPS class.

Yes people like you will argue but but but the 100k/200k healing is all coming from AoE tho... then yes exactly like how the 950k damage is coming from the total damage of 5 targets (thats also well healed as this is most likely a healing stalemate lolstar to get that kind of number and 100k+ sentinel healing.

Saying sorcs DAMAGE is OP is just as laughable as saying how sentinel as a main healer is OP.

Read first - cry later

This guy pulled 500-700K "without knowing what I'm doing" to quote him.

Ask that Sent you mentioned if he knew or not what he was doing.

That was the point.

I don't care if you crack a billion damage, as long as it takes skill to do it. Not spam a couple of keys...

That was the entire point of saying faceroll...

i played my sorc last night for the first time since the 1.2 nerfs being confirmed, it was a painful experience! ill probably never play it again, luckily i have a powertech marauder and operative...

sorcs biggest problem which is easily found while playing other classes is the armor... expertise means crap when you get hit 20% harder than everyone else by default... it's very pathetic!

most poorly designed class in the game, our lightning should hit harder than tracer derp but it hits for half and doesnt apply a debuff or even lead up to our 31pt talent... and madness should be ignored! sorcerers are known for their lightning!!!!!

id give up my bubble, heals, sprint and even pull to be able to shoot lightning from my fingers and it mean something...

until then, R.I.P. sorcerer... even though you are almost rank 80, have full bm and the mount and a white crystal, you will never be heard from again, unless 1.3 completely revamps our entire class and makes lightning playable.

Ok, you guys are all cry babies

To put this out I am a Jedi Guardian.

I **** hate sorcs. Your bubbles are just insane, absorbs almost 3000k dmg and you guys are complaining that you have light Armour?

Second point, I don't know about you guys but i get 250k in voidstar, when i try really really hard, while the rest ( sorcs) have 300K+ and 100k+ healing. ***. You guys should realize that you have one of the easiest classes to play in the game.

Complain about utility? What happen to healing, dots, CC'sss ( holy crap , so annoying ) and SUPPORT!

Afraid that someone might kill you? Force run! You guys can run away from any fen battle and then heal yourself up.

Learn to play guys and accept this nerf, they were long coming, you guys brought this onto yourselves.

my 2 cent from a jedi guardian

So you all just cry because the wrath doesn't proc your chain lightning any more? Wow just wow! And you called that burst dps, before 1.2? Please stop polluting the forums with your useless whines.

Rolling sorc for DPS (even pre-1.2) is like rolling Sniper for utility. Dudes.. calm down. You have shields, force speed, slow, extricate, RANGED STUN, ranged mez, debuff cleanse, knockback and the last but not least, the most annoying force lightning with 50% slow.

Seriously, WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT? Your class together with your assassin friends have been polluting the warzones for months now.

THANK YOU BIOWARE FOR CHANGES! THANK YOU.

Edited by NoTomorrow

Second point, I don't know about you guys but i get 250k in voidstar, when i try really really hard, while the rest ( sorcs) have 300K+ and 100k+ healing. ***. You guys should realize that you have one of the easiest classes to play in the game.

Bigger numbers = better class?

Might want to think on that one a bit more...

Side note, a Sorc with bubble active will still die quicker to Energy or Kinetic damage than an afk Guardian (without a generator!).

Edited by Daellia

I could care less about pvp... but for pve:

in our own guild testing, we've found sorcs averaging around 1200dps on the combat dummy... snipers average 1500, marauders average 1600, and mercenaries average 1800 (round about)

I imagine sorc numbers will go up to 1400 in a raid situation with full buffs, stims, adrenals, etc... but everyone elses numbers will go up too.

We're still incredibly far behind all of the other classes... I'm a guild leader for a world top 10 guild (7th right now) and I play a sorc... and I'm going to be asking DPS sorcs to sit for progression fights (myself included.)

That's how bad it is.