Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Senator Zain *Spoilers*

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Trooper
Senator Zain *Spoilers*

TalonVII
05.23.2013 , 12:00 PM | #11
Yeah played mostly light side Trooper but at the end even I had to take the DS ending. No way in hell
Spoiler

Sorry not on my watch.
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy
Finished: Trooper, Agent, Knight, Inquizitor

ZirusZero
05.27.2013 , 06:40 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by TalonVII View Post
Yeah played mostly light side Trooper but at the end even I had to take the DS ending. No way in hell
Spoiler

Sorry not on my watch.
Don't forget
Spoiler
Quote: Originally Posted by CommunityDroidEN View Post
After our Shenanigans radar sounded off, we quickly hurried to this thread to see what was going on. Upon inspection of the reported Shenanigans, we have removed a few posts to prevent further Shenanigans from taking place.

Lachryphage
07.14.2013 , 06:16 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Wagnus View Post
So I'm just starting Corellia but earlier I had a Republic hearing about Senator Zain being a Traitor, I played around with conversation options and went full on dark side and killed him and insulted the senators for giggles but i didn't hit escape in time and now sadly I'm stuck with this decision in what was otherwise a complete LS trooper, General Garza said there will be consequences for what I did.

So now I have to know what are the consequences? and Can I redeem this accident before my story ends?
This is a Bioware game. None of your choices actually do anything.

TheOneWag
07.15.2013 , 12:37 PM | #14
Trooper Ending in a nutshell:

Politicians who have never seen combat cannot possibly comprehend the immense effort that goes into achieving even the smallest military victories, and instead care only about impossible ideals / political goals. Troops pay for victory in blood while Bureaucrats sign off on the deaths of thousands with the stroke of a pen while sitting in an armchair.

In the end, even the best Trooper (including Officers, Colonels, and Generals) is just a cog in a machine being driven by someone else. Some cogs might be more important or valuable than others, but they are all ultimately replaceable, as they will all eventually wear out. The system is designed this way so that the driver (Politicians) can keep driving the machine (Army) forever without the entire system breaking down.

That said, the LS / DS choices were pretty disgusting, but served to illustrate the underlying theme of the entire Trooper story. Hell, just listen to Tavus at the end of Chapter 1, "We didn't do anything, did we?" No. They didn't. Old Havoc is reduced to just a footnote in a highly classified mission debriefing somewhere that will be locked away forever. Check the Holo from Garza after the mission: the truth reported to the public was entirely propaganda and a lie about what really happened.

Didn't matter what Tavus did or how many countless impossible victories Old Havoc handed the Republic, Tavus was going to get ground into the dirt until he and his squad were worn out. Then you come in - top of the class, gung-ho and willing to please Garza, the Chancellor, whoever. Of course Tavus knew his time was up. He certainly wasn't going to get to retire to some penthouse in Nar Shadaa. He was going to get discarded / disavowed or sent to die like everyone else who had served the Republic. All of it highly classified. None of it ever known to virtually anyone.

So TL;DR Trooper: The Army does great things, then politicians screw you over every time.