WTB Mature-ish Guild

Phyltr

So perhaps its just hopeless but I'm looking for a guild on Pot5 that does PVE casually and refrains from racial epithets, slurs, and homophobic speech.

To elaborate, I was an officer in a WoW guild for many years and we raided relatively hardcore. I have no intentions of going back to that which is why I say "casual". I hesitate to commit at all, but could probably commit a night/day a week to something. I've always loved PVE and that's ultimately why I play but SM EV and KP are getting boring.

On the other point we had a zero tolerance policy towards any hateful or bigoted chat whether it be in Mumble or in /g and I just can't be in a guild that throws around racial slurs without care anymore. Maybe I'm a prude, but there is a way to be humorous and have fun without having to shout "the n-word" or "the f-word".

Actually I still pay for the forums and the Mumble server if someone wanted to set something up from scratch I could provide those resources.

We are exactly what you are looking for. Our code of ethics prohibits swearing and slurs of any kind *and* we enforce this. Being a member of the LGBT community this was an absolute must for me and The Art of Warfare has been a wonderful community for the many months I have been a member. Our emphasis is PvE and both factions regularly do Ops. If you have any more questions, please refer to my signature or contact me at Zoloft@taw.net.

I now realize I probably should have put this thread in the "Guild Recruitment" section. Sorry :(

no worries, the recruitment section is easily overseen ;)

I take you are an Imp, so I just wish you good luck finding a nice home, either way. people being basically idiots is making my tummy hurt :/

We have toons on both sides. Our guys enjoy lowbie PVP on both sides. We have a regular progression raid and also casual raids nearly every night for players of all skill levels. Feel free to check out our website in my sig and toss an app in.

Or you can look me up on imp side on "Soy'vida or Soy'guapo".

We'd really like to hear from you.

Our guild is not as strict as DocZoloft's guild, as we do allow cursing, especially since everyone in our guild are adults. We joke around with each other, but we maintain that level of respect with one another. If somebody becomes offended, then we are quick to make amends. We have a multiracial guild, although I am unaware of anyone in the guild who interacts sexually with the same sex.

We run Hard Mode TFB, EC and now have a couple groups attempting Nim EC. We PvP and PvE equally. If this seems something you are interested in, contact Wraiven, Naomi or I,P,A in game or refer to our recruit page in the Recruit forums under War-Machine.

Edited by Wraiven

PVE casually

refrains from racial epithets, slurs, and homophobic speech.

raided relatively hardcore.

I've always loved PVE.

zero tolerance policy towards any hateful or bigoted chat.

I am genuinely curious as to why you rolled on a pvp server. You represent a group of people that I do not understand and perhaps you could shed some light. I am not inquiring as to why you want these things, but why you want these things and decided to play on a pvp server.

Edited by Commissar_Omega

I am genuinely curious as to why you rolled on a pvp server. You represent a group of people that I do not understand and perhaps you could shed some light. I am not inquiring as to why you want these things, but why you want these things and decided to play on a pvp server.

PVP =/= wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Ok so sounds like all these guilds here should be on an RP server FOAD has all sorts of different people. All race creeds sexualities and color. Guess what? We are abrasive. We forge good players that can deal with any situation handed to them. We are not for everybody, such as people how cant take critisism, or, people that MUST be PC(politically correct). We all have a great time, and not only do we make great players but we make a better world.

well, you guys have been around long enough. you should know by now that obviously the majority of the server doesn't share your understanding of 'pvp server behaviour' :p

Both of the above posters failed to answer my question. One stated, as though this were a roleplay server, that this isn't "a wretched hive of scum and villainy". The fact that the OP made this post displays to a certain degree that it is. The other simply restated the reason for my curiosity, I agree that most people on this server don't want to actually pvp that much nor do they like interacting with the small hardcore pvp community that we have, which can be coarse.

The point is that many, of which the OP is one, seem better suited to a PvE or RP server. There isn't anything wrong with that, people like what they like, but the question is why here?

Edited by Commissar_Omega

Both of the above posters failed to answer my question. One stated, as though this were a roleplay server, that this isn't "a wretched hive of scum and villainy". The fact that the OP made this post displays to a certain degree that it is. The other simply restated the reason for my curiosity, I agree that most people on this server don't want to actually pvp that much nor do they like interacting with the small hardcore pvp community that we have, which can be coarse.

The point is that many, of which the OP is one, seem better suited to a PvE or RP server. There isn't anything wrong with that, people like what they like, but the question is why here?

Let me throw my 2 cents errr centicreds in here. I PVE rarely do I PVP. I chose to roll my chars on a PVP server because I enjoy the rush I get when I see an opposing faction player. The sense of danger adds to my gaming experience. I don't mind when I'm attacked by other players, I only get upset when there is a large level discrepency ( c'mon a level 50 ganking lowbies on Alderaan!! )

I wasn't talking about the people who have .no. interest in PVP... I don't really get that, either (though I admit I originally only came to this server because of friends/pax, I do enjoy the opvp we have here and wonder why the other PVP servers can't seem to manage it)

I was merely refering to the fact that there are only very few guilds known for repeatedly killing people in the black hole (aka people in PVE-gear) for hours... and I don't mean these huge 'spawn-kill-getkilled-repeat' battles everybody loves to engage in... I mean the whole 'hide in stealth near the acid pit until someone is 3/4th dead' deal.

lots of PVP player simply see no honour in that. does that mean you can't expect it happening to you? no, obviously not. this has been part of PVP-behaviour for as long as there were MMOs. but even back in UO it was always the case that only a minority of the pvp-player actually did something like that. many people simply enjoy the thrill of not knowing whether or not they will be the winner...

however, I fail to see how that is any more 'RP' than the 'if it's red it's dead' mindset, that often apparently includes 'all's fair in love and war'.

you 'accuse' people of being too much into role-playing, but are you really 'innocent' in this regard?

and I can assure you that definitely is completely irrelevant when it's coming down to why you pick a certain guild depending on their 'guild intern' behaviour.

oh, and I'm not sure if you have any chars on a PVE server, but I can also assure you the community is not any better over there. come what may, I'll pick pot5 any day (yes, even the imp side :p)

Edited by amnie

Our guild is not as strict as DocZoloft's guild, as we do allow cursing, especially since everyone in our guild are adults. We joke around with each other, but we maintain that level of respect with one another. If somebody becomes offended, then we are quick to make amends. We have a multiracial guild, although I am unaware of anyone in the guild who interacts sexually with the same sex.

We run Hard Mode TFB, EC and now have a couple groups attempting Nim EC. We PvP and PvE equally. If this seems something you are interested in, contact Wraiven, Naomi or I,P,A in game or refer to our recruit page in the Recruit forums under War-Machine.

To insinuate that because we (TAW) keep a strict policy on profanity and that therefore we aren't adults is patently absurd and here's why. Gamer's are a diverse community that come together for the sole purpose of having a good time with others while engaging in a game. Gamer's, being the diverse cross section of the world that they are means that cursing, profanity, bigotry (including joking) has the potential to offend, alienate and discriminate against gamer's.

To have a policy that protects our gamer's diversity and thus keeps intact everyone's dignity is the conclusion of adult's aiming to be completely inclusive to all people. And it's for the sake of providing an environment for gamer's to thrive in. As opposed to a high school lunch table where there are no consequences for saying something that alienates, or hurts another person.

We never want a guildy to log on and have to experience someone who thinks that they can just joke about their culture or makes their status a punch line, or deal with that guy who is totally convinced he isn't racist because he has black friends or isn't homophobic because someone in his family is gay. Not only this, but many adults have children at home and they don't want their children hearing or seeing that stuff.

We have just as much fun in each others company if not more without profanity and watercooler jokes and gossip. Lastly, the next time you think that a policy like ours is childish, why don't you read up on the several thousand children and young adults who each year take their own lives because of bullying, joking and casual harassment overtime that no one stopped.

I pug many raids with many guilds and I hear racist, bigoted, sexist garbage all the time. If you want a real thriving membership these types of things aren't going win people to staying in your guild. That's why TAW is one of the largest gaming communities in the online gaming world and why we have an active membership almost of 2k people. When you don't have a defend yourself or hear yourself be a punchline you'd be surprise how resourceful, innovating people can be with growing a guild in any game, especially mmo's. Without this: cult of personalities and people who turn off others to the community can't be marginalized. We take pride in taking out the trash.

So if you don't want to sit in a ventrilo/ts/muble channel all night and listen to people who don't care that what they say actually does have an impact on others then do yourself a favor, join The Art of Warfare because you'll see the vast difference in experience.

Edited by mrklove