Is campaign even worth it?

Captfisher

After getting my campaign pants in Denova tonight I realized that the set bonus is associated with the armoring and not necessarily the shell like it is for Tionese, Columi, and Rakata. If I wanted to reclaim my full eliminators set bonus via campaign gear, I'd have to take a small but noticable hit in aim. Most of my gearset now is a mix, with the armoring of the highest aim value and the mod and enhancement from the med-tech boots.

Occasionally on Drooga's Pleasure Barge, I see some of the mercs in "higher progression" guild's, such as Motion, running around in full campaign sets. I don't get why they are doing this (aside from the bragging rights.)

Am I simply missing a bigger picture to getting the full set of campaign after spending a good amount of grinding to mix-match black hole pieces? Besides getting two 61 barrels, more BH comms, and accessory upgrades, do mercs need to even bother upgrading to campaign?

I know I' may have answered my own question above but I'd rather hear a different point of view than my own on merc gear.

After getting my campaign pants in Denova tonight I realized that the set bonus is associated with the armoring and not necessarily the shell like it is for Tionese, Columi, and Rakata. If I wanted to reclaim my full eliminators set bonus via campaign gear, I'd have to take a small but noticable hit in aim. Most of my gearset now is a mix, with the armoring of the highest aim value and the mod and enhancement from the med-tech boots.

Occasionally on Drooga's Pleasure Barge, I see some of the mercs in "higher progression" guild's, such as Motion, running around in full campaign sets. I don't get why they are doing this (aside from the bragging rights.)

Am I simply missing a bigger picture to getting the full set of campaign after spending a good amount of grinding to mix-match black hole pieces? Besides getting two 61 barrels, more BH comms, and accessory upgrades, do mercs need to even bother upgrading to campaign?

I know I' may have answered my own question above but I'd rather hear a different point of view than my own on merc gear.

Only advantage to running in full campaign is that you dont have to spend as many BH comms and you can put the armoring on social gear to customize your appearance more. The same stats can be acquired through BH gear (Minus main hands). Either way your going to have to change out alot of mods/enhancements.

Only advantage to running in full campaign is that you dont have to spend as many BH comms and you can put the armoring on social gear to customize your appearance more. The same stats can be acquired through BH gear (Minus main hands). Either way your going to have to change out alot of mods/enhancements.

Though going through the armorings of the campaign eliminator's gear you lose 33 aim from head, pants, and chest when compared to the best in slot armorings from black hole gear.

What you want is campaign/bh attachments, to have aim to be your largest stat on each piece, and staying at 100% ranged accuracy, 30% crit, 70% surge unbuffed. (All the while not negating the set bonuses) Thats gonna leave a little bit of room to swap out a few attachments to inch out a little bit more power for bonus damage. Campaign worth it? No, but the attachments you snake out of some of the pieces are..

You need Campaign armorings if you want to use vanity shells for your gear. Unfortunately, like someone said, itemization sucks and you sacrifice 33 aim. What I did is use a columi headpiece, stick the right mods in, and hide the headslot. I also put the BH armoring in my legs since I only need 4 pieces for the bonus. That way I only take the hit on the chest armoring. Basically paying 11 aim for looking cool. I'm everything BIS so that puts me at 2399 aim with Rakata stim and 2417 aim with Exotech.

Is campaign worth it.

For me yes. I've hated the tier 1 look since the game launched (as well as the tier 2 look), and to finally be able to get a look that I like for my character is worth loosing a few points of aim for.

The campaign boots and gloves both have the better (reflex) armoring in them. So you would only need 2 more pieces of campaign gear, to keep the 4 piece bonus, and then only be short by 22 aim (since you can use a reflex armoring for the 5th piece).

And if you are min/maxed, BiS for the rest of your gear, having 22 less aim is not going to cost you a noticeable amount of dps loss.

Edited by Flying-Brian

vanity vrs aim... I'll keep stacking my stats and mods in my old gear. I have a appearance chest peice, then the rest is for set bonus. BW knows they screwed up with the eliminator set, since not one armor mod with set bonus is stacked with our primary stat.

I'd rather look like a noob, and stay top of the dps parser, than look good being second best

I'd rather look like a noob, and stay top of the dps parser, than look good being second best

i've yet to be beat DPS wise by ANY other class on a regular basis (mostly PvP and FPs), and i only use Columbine 2-piece, BH modded, and the rest is appearance...

so, not only am i the top DPS'r, i look damn good while doing it.

no, i do not think Campaign gear is worth it...

Edited by T-Assassin

Honestly? No. Campaign is not worth it other than Boots and Gloves. The reason being is because of the armorings. Both armorings give +68 aim and don't require much changing to them (assuming you're Arsenal).

I actually wear Tionese Helm and Chest for looks, but with 61 modifications in them.

I used to run around in full campaign just for looks- but I raid with the Tionese.

(For reference, I've been doing HM 16 EC since April)

Edited by Aerro

Honestly? No. Campaign is not worth it other than Boots and Gloves. The reason being is because of the armorings. Both armorings give +68 aim and don't require much changing to them (assuming you're Arsenal).

I actually wear Tionese Helm and Chest for looks, but with 61 modifications in them.

I used to run around in full campaign just for looks- but I raid with the Tionese.

(For reference, I've been doing HM 16 EC since April)

Ughhh Tionese merc armor is an eyesore xD

Ughhh Tionese merc armor is an eyesore xD

I love the full metallic look! I have multiple different sets of armor in my bank that I would switch around to see what I liked, but I love Tionese for some reason right now. I may grow out of it shortly.