6.1.4 PvP Changes

ACGOG

Sooo it looks like the Devs listened and implemented a bunch of changes that were asked for on these forums. Chris also took the time to explain the lockout timers yesterday:

Hi friends,

I wanted to take a minute to talk about the Deserter changes coming in Game Update 6.1.4. As part of our efforts to reduce toxicity, it’s important to understand how game rules themselves can contribute to the problem. I previously talked about how behaviors like declining multiple matches in a row or leaving matches could be used to intentionally degrade the quality of PvP matches, particularly in Ranked modes, and how we planned on addressing the problem.

Unranked:

In Unranked matches, the 15-minute Deserter lockout will still apply for leaving a match. In addition, the 5-minute lockout penalty for being vote kicked will still apply.

Ranked:

In Ranked modes (both solo and group) there are a few changes. First, as previously discussed, vote kick has been removed in these modes. Next, the Deserter lockout timer has been increased to 20 minutes for declining a match or leaving early - the first time. Over time, if a player continues to decline or leave matches that lockout timer will increase until they hit the maximum threshold. If a player hits the max once, all declines or leaves for the rest of the week in ranked modes will use the maximum lockout timer.

An important change here to note is the lockout timer prevents queueing for ALL PvP activity: Unranked, Solo Ranked, Group Ranked, and Galactic Starfighter. In addition, all Deserter lockouts will be account-based.

Some of the philosophy behind this change is to still allow a smaller penalty for one-off accidents, such as missing a queue due to a bad internet connection or stepping away for a few minutes. Where the penalty increases is when we can begin to assume the likelihood of an attempt to manipulate the queue or gain an advantage in Ranked matches is greater than the likelihood of missing several queue pops on accident in a row. This is based on data and observation of past player behavior, so these changes to the game rules are an attempt to change that behavior, and ultimately provide a more fun and safe place to play.

As always, we will measure the results of this change and adjust as needed if we see any opportunities for improvement.

Thanks!

-Chris

:csw_jabbapet:

General

-An Item Rating of 306 is now required to queue for Solo Ranked PvP matches.

-Players can no longer Vote Kick other players from Solo Ranked PvP matches.

-Players can no longer leave a PvP queue when there is a pending match being created for them.

-Previously, if a player left a PvP queue they may have encountered an ‘instant decline’ under certain circumstances, resulting in rating loss and a lockout in Ranked queues.

-The text for the “Introduction to Warzones” Mission will now correctly indicate it requires a Warzone victory to progress the Mission.

-The Sith Sorcerer and Sith Assassin icons on the PvP Arena Scorecard are now represented by their correct colors.

-The lockout timer for declining a match in Solo Ranked PvP has been increased, with additional time being added if there are multiple declines in a row.

-Players will no longer be able to remove the “Deserter detection” debuff while remaining in one of the starting areas in the Rishi Cove arena, as intended.

-Fixed an issue which could cause PvP and Group Finder groups to be split across multiple instances.

-Players with a Deserter Penalty will not be able to use the Join Queue button when there is an active penalty. This prevents all PvP queueing (Unranked, Ranked and Galactic Starfighter) while the penalty is active

-PvP Queuing will now require you to be the group leader to queue the group.

-The Unranked Warzone button will no longer be active when a group has too many members to join the queue

1. They listened to the complaints about ilvl.

2. They implemented features to help mitigate disruptive players and queue dodging.

3. They helped minimize the effectiveness of Guard (to a certain extent).

Can we give the devs a little shoutout for listening and implementing some of the stuff the community asked for?

I'm glad they are doing something and I thank them for their time however most of the changes are bug fixes (which they should be fixing without request) and most others no one was asking for like the deserter debuff for regs.

The two most TALKED about request on the list being gear requirement and vote kick removal were split in my opinion, neither of those effect me in anyway what so ever though. The only thing I am requesting is a change to solo rank scoring, made multiple threads about it. The most simple request I can ask for is keep the deserter debuff changes for rank but remove it for regs entirely. Regs should stay casual and loose.

Edited by SwtorThrill

When you people gonna learn that you cant force players to stay and play in a WZ or Arena. This whole patch is a pathetic joke. Especially in a game where everybody has at lest 3-4 toons they can just switch to another one and back again. Let the players choose which WZ or Arena they wanna play and there will be no more deserters.

Some of the changes, sure. Being at ilevel 306 for ranked is an obvious one.

For unranked, I can't say I'm happy about making the lockout more draconian without being able to deselect maps. This is an argument in principle as I personally don't encounter an issue leaving matches.

The only match I've had since the original change that I wish I had been able to leave was an obviously lopsided huttball where it was me with 3 people running low item level, 2 or 3 with max ilevel that obviously didn't know how to play their classes or the mode, and it was me and one other guy trying to score. The only reason this was an issue was because the other team consisted of number farmers who refused to score beyond 2 points, and focused me and the one other guy trying score so the match went full length. This was an incredibly frustrating waste of time as they scored just enough to get a win, then prolonged the match so they could number farm. I never stopped trying, but it was a situation their new lockout timer complicates.

The PvE timer is less draconian and you can choose which modes you're willing to complete, for comparison. I can see the changes for ranked specifically, but for unranked, I would like to see the issues with map choice and sheer dumb luck like that huttball addressed.

Edited by KendraP

I completely agree with you () Unranked is free to choose, we are not obliged to stay in groups where 30% of the players are Pve and another 30% without decent gear to contribute to the group, me and others strive to have decent gear We at PVP Unranked should not be harmed because Ranked no longer has players due to the "system" allowing PREMADE groups. and now then powerful's of Ranked (PREMADE) with nothing to do will, migrated to Unranked. VTNC!: louco:

Can we give the devs a little shoutout for listening and implementing some of the stuff the community asked for?

Some of the stuff a select minority requested. I really don't know too many who have asked for this except the usual suspects.

The deserter debuff in regs is abhorrent. Never wanted it, cannot stand it; it should be rescinded. Either reverse the win requirement for advancing the dailies/weeklies or eliminate the deserter debuff, preferably the latter.

Many of you would be surprised at the people who do not like it.