Vanguard in PVP

CommanderOtto

Ok, so if I join ranked as PVP, is there anything I can do to increase my survivability? If I play Vanguard DPS Plasmatech, I am automatically targeted and I die sometimes, in a matter of seconds.

I am fully geared, 306, with augments, with life warden, brawler set...I followed the guides... but I just dont see how I can live longer.

I am starting to believe, as a Vanguard, I have zero chance from the start. And it is just as bad playing as tank. Nobody plays healer in ranked, so i'm as good as dead.

Edited by CommanderOtto

Powertechs and Vanguards will always be targeted first because they pose the largest threat. They do massive burst and sustained damage. Do not feel bad if you are dieing first because this will almost always be the case no matter your immense efforts to stay alive. As a dps VG/PT your mindset needs to be "Pump out everything I can before I die." So just try to do massive dps and burst on the correct focus target, ask your team to cc and peel for you, and make sure you take the second cc break utility for kolto overload/ adrenaline rush. :) Practice makes perfect!

Powertechs and Vanguards will always be targeted first because they pose the largest threat. They do massive burst and sustained damage. Do not feel bad if you are dieing first because this will almost always be the case no matter your immense efforts to stay alive. As a dps VG/PT your mindset needs to be "Pump out everything I can before I die." So just try to do massive dps and burst on the correct focus target, ask your team to cc and peel for you, and make sure you take the second cc break utility for kolto overload/ adrenaline rush. :) Practice makes perfect!

Yeah, I was just utterly devastated at first. Not only is ranked pvp a steep learning curve, but also getting piled on every single time and not lasting long, is depressive lol.

But I just realized, that Vanguard Plasmatech, and Powertech Pyrotech are literally the worst you could choose to PVP with. I read in one guide, that these two "are so bad, it's not even funny" and ranked last place as a class for pvp, in a comparison of all classes.

In any case, if I ever do join PVP with this class, I wonder if using some tank relics will help me last longer? Even if I am playing as DPS?