I must be the only one who likes Pebble Throw

Felioats

Actually I thought it was pretty cool the first time I saw it. It looks like it hurts.

I'd rather it be rivets, nuts and bolts when indoors, but I still like it.

I wish the rocks/pebbles would be a little bit bigger, but I like it too, and I agree that the environment should change what is being flung.

I wouldn't say I "hate" the animation. More than anything, i dont its a very "cool" ability. its a short range, single target DOT that roots you and doesnt do anything particularly useful.

now make it an AOE stun or slow that affects groups and reduces armor or something really unique and useful as a "tool/utility attack" vs a staple of your consular attack rotation.

then i think people mind not mind the animation blandness so much

just my two cents

I really like the animation. As for it being a "standing still DoT"... It's exactly the same as a spell with a cast time except the damage is not all done at the end of the cast and if you interrupt the cast some damage will still have been done. That's not a bad thing.

Telekinetic Throw is cool looking and extremely powerful.

This. I think too much attention is paid to the animation of the rocks, and not enough to the awesome pose you strike while channelling it.

Also, I prefer to think of it as "Force Sandblast" rather than Force Pebbles. It sounds more appropriately painful, and can get you in the right frame of mind.

I wouldn't say I "hate" the animation. More than anything, i dont its a very "cool" ability. its a short range, single target DOT that roots you and doesnt do anything particularly useful.

now make it an AOE stun or slow that affects groups and reduces armor or something really unique and useful as a "tool/utility attack" vs a staple of your consular attack rotation.

then i think people mind not mind the animation blandness so much

just my two cents

It's a nice snare and returns force if you spec Balance, which makes it a half-decent ability, but I agree I didn't find enough use for it for my tastes...it is at least more useful than the JK ability Blade Storm, which roots you AND has no range :)

It's a great ability, and I get that it's supposed to be the ability Satele uses on Darth Malak to pin him to the cliff face in the Hope trailer, but it lacks the same power. The in-game effects don't do the trailer version justice.

That said, it gets the job done, and I'm fine with that.

There is nothing I like about Pebble Throw.

For one the ability does not look like it can do any damage because the pebbles are traveling much too slowly and uniformly.

Secondly the pebbles themselves are poorly animated.

Thirdly the concept just does not work. When making Consulars they should not have focused on moving rocks and instead focused on using the force. The biggest problem with the rock centric animations is that there is no way these animations could work in a building or on a ship as there is no where for the rocks to logically come from.

I like the pebbles. I think they look pretty cool. Personally, I played an Inquisitor in Beta because I wanted to save the Republic side stories for launch and I got tired of lightning fast. Everything the Inq does is lightning based, it gets old.