Pax open recruitment (Dominus & Imperius)

DarthBror

Good evening fellow SWTOR players. I wanted to stop by this forum and share with you my personal experience as a Pax gaming applicant.

Let me start by saying that while the community did directly ask me to share my thoughts and experiences in regards to the Pax application process and the guild in general, in no way am I being forced or coerced to do so. I am here of my own free will to share with you my individual experience with this guild full well knowing my application could very well be denied as much as it could be approved.

To get directly to the point, this is a great group of fantastic individuals who have the unique talent of turning a good game into a fun, rewarding, and memorable gaming experience.

First, the guild is incredibly well organized from a leadership, social, and activity standpoint. From the time I posted my application to the past 12 days of playing in game with the Pax members their skillset of offering something to its members has become glaringly apparent. While one could classify Pax as a large guild I would say they are a guild that participates. What I mean is you could have the largest guild in the game but if no one is ever online (without the proper organization in which to work) what have you really accomplished? This group not only provides a large member base in which to play with but one that is active and knowledgeable.

Second, in case you haven’t checked out the website yet Pax is a multi-game guild. Meaning if you enjoy other titles there could be an opportunity for you to venture out and play with Pax as part of those titles. As much as I love SWTOR there will probably be times for me where I wish to try other titles. Pax offers that to its community in a way that is very inviting. My application for example was in regards to SWTOR and GW2 and as part of my process I was able to engage members in regards to both games.

Third, the Pax community in SWTOR is very diverse in gameplay and skill level. This was a big item for me as I do not consider myself a very competitive or skillful player when it comes to SWTOR particularly on the PVP side. Pax however has some very good diversity in terms of opportunity for teaming up with other players. Want to roleplay? That is available. Wish to play a Republic alt? That is available. Wish to play an Empire alt? Yup, that too. PVP not your thing? It’s all good. Thus far through my application process I’ve engaged numerous players who enjoy different things at different levels. As somewhat of a new player I find myself in an environment that encourages me to get better through interaction and gameplay while not losing focus of the enjoyment gaming brings.

If you are considering playing SWTOR or returning to the game after an absence and are looking for a guild Pax is definitely a guild I would encourage you to consider. As one of the applicants said earlier in this thread developers can provide a game with all of the content and tools in the world but ultimately it is the community you game with that can make or break that experience.

Good luck to all of you.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been on the search for a good guild for quite a while and I must say the folks at Pax have met and exceeded my expectations. Great and easy bunch to game with. My time with the guild has really been enjoyable. I can log in and play the game as I want with no BS or drama. Guildies are knowledgeable and always willing to lend a hand on anything. This has made grouping for PVP or FPs a really easy and fun experience for me.

For anyone searching for a guild, don't hesitate to look into Pax. The application process is thorough, but this provides both applicant and Pax a good sense of who you are as a person, and what they are as a gaming group.

I'm a new applicant and I my response thus far will mirror all the above new recruit threads. Everyone is helpful and drama-free. I know the guild is always looking to add serious players to its base and if you are on the fence on deciding which guild to roll with, I would recommend giving Pax a shot.

More the merrier in pvp and HMs!

Just applied and thought it was a great idea to come over and say something here, as well! I've been playing TOR since beta, and even though the game isn't as amazing as I had hoped, I'm a sucker for star wars and really hoping this pans out :). Playing games is always more fun in a guild, and I've been running solo this whole time.

Applied more than a week ago as a new player. Pax took me on for a recruitment trial period even though I was only level 1 and fresh on the server.

The application process is different than most and I am probably not leaving a good impression :D

They are a good group of people. Always folks online able to answer questions.

My interactions with guild members in game has been limited, but that is because I have been stubbornly soloing my way through the quest/story grind. It also happens to be the tail end (and busiest part) of the holiday season and I am extremely low level currently.

I am a Pax applicant and I had no idea what to expect when I began the application process. I did know what I was looking for in a guild and I know Pax meets those requirements.

After beginning this process, I found out from a friend of mine that he plays SWTOR. He told me he was in a guild and asked me did I want to join. I mentioned that I had just applied for a guild and he said: "APP!....YOU HAD TO APPLY FOR A GUILD! " Apparently, all he had to do was say he wanted to join, which is great.

From this I learned that Pax's application process is a bit different than most. Personally I feel that any group, organization, or faction that is worth being a part of, will have some type of selection process.

I haven't been asked to do anything crazy. The process has simply been a chance for Pax to get to know me better and a chance for me to get to know Pax. I appreciate that.

snayr

I have been in Pax Dominus for about a week now and can honestly say its the best guild I have been in so far. I have never been in a guild that is so eager to help other people out. In my time that I have been with them I have mostly just done sub 50 pvp with them and we always have fun regardless if we win or lose. I would recommend this guild to anyone that wants to be in a guild that wants to be with nice people.

I am not level 50 yet so I can't comment on there end game stuff but I will find out soon enough.

The Pax recruitment process has been wonderful. I have really enjoyed the application process., it is truly a two way process.

The Pax community is always doing something. I was part of this community when the came first came out.

If you are on the fence about joining I recommend applying.

I'm excited for my recruitment process to come to an end, it's been fun and unlike any other guild I've ever considered joining. Typically, some random guy asks if I will join... I do... and it's disappointing. I feel like that weird kid when I try and say something in guild chat that nobody wants to talk to... Then I quit the guild.

I played up one imperial to 50 and a republic as well without a guild and it's frustrating and a slow grind. A guild makes it more interesting and this guild is one that I went out of my way to join. I made a character on this server... starting fresh just for the chance to join. I'm hopeful they want me in, and happy with the pleasantries everyone has provided.

What I really enjoy is the recruitment process. It's totally unique and a fun twist if you're into Roleplaying, storytelling, and you want a guild that is actually serious and supportive-- head to Pax.

I decided to apply to the Pax community not only because of the guilds here but also because of the wide range of games they cover. They have a very supportive network and their interview process allows you and them to get to know each other and build community, something that lacks in many guilds. Some people might look at the two weeks as a long time but you don't make friends in a day, so you can't expect to get to know someone in a few days.

Really looking forward to spending the time in the Pax community.

As I was able to tell someone ingame yesterday who asked about my <Pax Imperius> tag, this guild is a little different than most, being that it's a multi-game, multi-division group. There's a lot of people here. But, that said, you don't fall through the cracks. There's a lot of people who take the time to come to your recruitment thread and get to know you through a series of questions and responses and friendly banter. So far I've enjoyed everyone I've met.

First off this isn't a group of folks who will recruit you into the guild by bowing IG and accepting the guild invite. Nope - there is a pretty lengthy recruitment process. At first its daunting, especially if you are new to MMO's as I am. The recruitment process is at least 2 weeks long and comes with a variety of "get to know you" tasks,both IG and OoG. Now all that might seem like a lot, and honestly if all you are looking for is a group to go raiding with, it probably is a lot maybe too much, but I wasn't looking for a guild to just go raiding with. I was looking for a guild to involve myself in RP and socialize with like-minded folks. Likewise for PAX, they aren't looking for just some belly-buttons to raid with them, they want people who will participate in the greater gaming experiences. You will find that the PAX team is willing to help with just about anything IG and has a really mature calendar system for setting up formal events. Great group to just chat with too. To me its a huge bonus that PAX runs guilds in other worlds too.

Dont think I have ever applied to any other guild that is so driven to make you feel at home. Apps take time, which is good, so both parties can make an informed decision about recruiting/joining.

Playing from the EU is no issue, sure my playing times arent "prime time", but it works out pretty good in any case. There's usually someone there to at least chat with.

Halfway through my app, and things couldn't be better.

• 2 weeks later...

My time with Pax started during the beta of SWG. I was lucky enough that they were my first 'guild' in an MMO, and I've since played with these fine folks in many other games. It's great to have a group of friends to play many games with, and friends we are. My wife and I have had Paxians over to stay with us, and we're not alone. There's been gatherings and parties in real life, both at homes and conventions. The Star Wars Celebration in Orlando, for instance, had a great Pax turnout.

The point is, we look for great people behind the screen, folks we can build lasting friendships with that will carry through to whatever virtual world we choose to play. The two-week recruitment can seem daunting, but it's so you have time to really get to know us as well. Give it a try, you may find a group of friends who like to game just like you do. :)

Edited by Kardiak

Greetings All!

I didnt notice any play times listed anywhere that are predominant in your guild. I am on Pacific time and would like to know that the guild will still be alive when I would be online. My play time is approximately 8:00-12:00 PM PAC time.

Thank you in advance.

Sabinall

Greetings All!

I didnt notice any play times listed anywhere that are predominant in your guild. I am on Pacific time and would like to know that the guild will still be alive when I would be online. My play time is approximately 8:00-12:00 PM PAC time.

Thank you in advance.

Sabinall

Sorry for the late response. Long weekend.

Anyway.

Pax is primarily and East Coast Guild. We do have a large West Coast community, but there is usually only about 10-15 on after 2100est. Much later on Friday and Saturday nights of course.

@0800-1200 you will be hard pressed to find more than handful on. Not many Paxians paly during the moring and noon hour.

Starting around 1500est is considered PrimeTime. This goes till about 2100 and much later on weekends. Those of us who PVP play a little later from about 2100 to Midnight(0000)

Pax isnt the best at any one thing. So if you looking for a leet PVP comminty or top lvl Raiding guild this is not us. We have something for everyone. We do Raid, quite well actually. We do PVP (a core group of us).

But.. We are a community first, across many games, titles and genres. Thats the lure of Pax.

I hope this helps, give us shot. At the least you will decide its not for you and move on. At best you will become part of our Gaming family and enrich your experience.

Edited by DarthBror

I started the application process to join Pax Dominus, the Republic chapter of the Pax Community. I have to say, so far I am enjoying application process. I enjoy answering the questions posed. I'm just narcissistic enough to take joy in discussing my favorite subject: Me. In all seriousness though, the people in Pax seem like a very mature, welcoming bunch and if you're thinking about signing up, I would say give it a shot.

I am currently about half way through my application to Pax Imperius, and am loving it. I have done many raids and PvP events with the many members of Pax, they are a great group of people. Very helpful lot. Over the last few days I've gotten to know the players behind the avatar. The recruitment process is very strange, but I can see the benefits of going through with it. In all honesty, Pax feels very close and it's members are very much like a large group of friends. I look forward to spending more time playing with the many Pax divisions in the future. :)

• 2 weeks later...
After about a week of the trials (definitely not as epic as a Jedi would get), Pax does seem like a good group to get involved with. I've known about Pax Dominus since launch way back in the old Lord Adraas days and it's awesome to see that they're still around and active. And for someone looking for active and stable in guilds and being only mildly successful at finding it, it's nice to be in one. The raiding's been fun so far and I've finally gotten to see the end of EC (hopefully TfB soon :) ) and maybe might dip my toe in the land of PVP again. Plus the people I've interacted with seem to be personable and reasonably easy going. Here's hoping it keeps going well :D

I tend to view lengthy application or vetting processes by online guilds with a very long eye. I'm generally very busy and rarely have time to play the game, much less jump through hoops outside of one. However, I'm glad I took the time to go through the process with PAX gaming.

The use of a communal forum thread to get to know candidates (and most importantly for candidates to get to know the guild) is actually a stroke of genius. Its as simple as answering a few fun and non-obtrusive questions every few days when you have the time. It gives you a forum outside of the game itself to get to know the PAX community and to allow them to get to know you. Very easy and very efficient.

While PAX Dominus & Imperius are guilds that exists within the SW:TOR community, the guilds are part of a larger "guild" community that exists across multiple titles and genres. The cross title organization is also a stroke of genius, and the application process allows you to interact with people that may not even play SW:TOR. Interesting people you may not have otherwise had the opportunity to interact with.

Might be for you, might not, but either way its pretty fun and worth a shot.

I agree with much of what Temem said. I've done lengthy applications to join guilds a few times in the past and it was such a tedious experience--you fill out your application, MAYBE get to interact with members and MAYBE get to go with them on their *insert primary guild shenanigans here*, and then wait until somebody feels like reviewing your application and sending you an invite or ignoring you and forgetting all about you.

Pax has been a wonderful experience, I was pleasantly suprised. I joined Dominus about a week ago and have felt included from day one. None of that "new guy" feeling from the other members, I've had the opportunity to participate in a guild meeting and even voice my input after only a couple days of membership. It's really nice when, despite a long application process, they can toss you a guild invite and make you feel like you belong right from the get go.

I'd like to thank the fine folks at Pax for giving me this opportunity. It's only been a week and has been very fun so far. :)

I think that Pax is doing it right when it comes to recruitment. I was given a temporary invite to the guild the day I filled out my application. Since then it's been nothing but support. The guys and girls in the guild are fun to talk to and roll with and give you lots of advice if you ask for it. My recruitment ends the 15th of this month and I hope that I become an official member of the guild at that time. I strongly encourage anyone who wants to be in a large, serious, and skilled guild to come check out the forum pages.

I'm in the processing stage for Pax Dominus and they are great. Everyone is very friendly and mature and I feel very welcomed! They have a great wealth of people that either like to pvp or pve or whateveryouareinto so if you have any questions or problems I've always had someone who could help me out. Fantastic group!