Low level PVP is horrible

Vlaid

Why did we butcher the queues for everyone so a few people could "enjoy" horribly imbalanced low level pvp?

I just did a bit of it. It's determined solely on what levels you get and what levels they get.

Anyone else thinking it's silly we sacrificed so much to create this niche leveling pvp experience? It's more likely to make people never pvp again than anything else when newer players don't understand why they are being put up against statistically superior players (level 19's facing 49's with almost their full skill/ability repetoire).

Just seems like what was gained for what was lost is way out of proportion here.

I disagree. Yesterday's low-level PvP experience was /extremely/ well-balanced. My guild took all their lower level toons out, with the highest at level 35, and we dominated. I think we lost once all night. Do higher-level toons have an advantage? Sure. But it's not so huge that good gameplay can't level the playing field.

Honestly, I'm happy as a clam.

Yep. they killed PVP on my server. Waited for 6 hours last to get into a match. Never happened...

Face the facts, it's a broken system. I am very close to canceling because why should I pay for something for nothing. It's ludicrous beyond measure.

I was even so desperate to do something fun that I went and got the water for the magenta crystal last night. Which in the long run is wasteful because there are not enough 50's on my server to get the damn crystal.

Edited by Screamster

The reason you guys at 50 probably had such a long queue was because the entire Imperial faction was busy exploiting in Illum.

Give today a chance and see if anything changes. ( after the patch)

If your talking horrible cause you are 50 and don't have pvp gear.. well then start complaining about expertise gear because we all know that stat alone, whether you are a good player or bad only lets you win period. No skill involved with that stat.

Yep. they killed PVP on my server. Waited for 6 hours last to get into a match. Never happened...

Face the facts, it's a broken system. I am very close to canceling because why should I pay for something for nothing. It's ludicrous beyond measure.

The issue I'm seeing is that the 50 bracket makes it very clear that there are a lot of class imbalance issues that were well disguised by having lowbies running around.

Specifically: Merc and Commando healers being virtually unkillable and damage being too low across the board to make a dent in most healers or the people they're healing. Also, massive CC spam is massive.

Anyone else thinking it's silly we sacrificed so much to create this niche leveling pvp experience? It's more likely to make people never pvp again than anything else when newer players don't understand why they are being put up against statistically superior players (level 19's facing 49's with almost their full skill/ability repetoire).

Nope.

Well, half my friends are talking about finding another server because this patch killed PVP. Both for low levels and for 50's.

We won the majority of the games, now we got....three games to pop all night?

And the low level PVP was just a grab bag of who has the most sub 20's

If your talking horrible cause you are 50 and don't have pvp gear.. well then start complaining about expertise gear because we all know that stat alone, whether you are a good player or bad only lets you win period. No skill involved with that stat.

There's no skill involved with any stat... I don't see your point.

Also, is a 10% damage increase and 10% damage taken decrease that huge of a deal? So your 4k crits hit for 3600 instead on them? And their 4k crits are 4400 instead?

I mean obviously it helps but why does everyone make such a HUGE deal out of it? It's not like it's 20% or 30%.

I was even so desperate to do something fun that I went and got the water for the magenta crystal last night. Which in the long run is wasteful because there are not enough 50's on my server to get the damn crystal.

maybe you shouldnt have picked a low pop server

Yeah seriously, you may want to consider rolling an alt or switching servers or something.

I played warzones all day yesterday, and queues were popping so fast that I coud barely take 3 steps between matches. I never heard one complaint from anyone about this. Furthermore, all I heard from EVERYONE I played with was how awesome the PVP was now.

On my server, the patch saved 1-49 PVP, and that's a fact.

bye bye dont come back!

big fan of tiered warzones. I rolled a rep toon last night, got him to lvl 10, then had a blast playing in the warzones, even without all the skills I am used to on my imp.

People unable to find warzones should either roll rep or join a pvp oriented server. I wouldn't be surprised if I were playing on a PvE server and there was no pvp. The people that want to pvp are on the pvp servers.

Why did we butcher the queues for everyone so a few people could "enjoy" horribly imbalanced low level pvp?

I just did a bit of it. It's determined solely on what levels you get and what levels they get.

Just seems like what was gained for what was lost is way out of proportion here.

Because level 50s facing level 19s was more even?

I'm sorry if your queue times are longer than you would like, but you trying to act like low level WZ are more uneven now is just stupid.

If you wanted faster queue times you could have rolled Republic, its what I did. I would have much rather been sith, but it took me about 5 minutes on my first character to realize what that would have meant.

Huh? Do you know something I don't? At 240 or so Expertise I'm seeing (I think) 5% bonuses? I'm at work so can't be 100% sure, but Expertise isn't the 100% win you make it out to be.

Oh, and yes I do quite well in PvP so don't blame the player in my case :p

There's no skill involved with any stat... I don't see your point.

Also, is a 10% damage increase and 10% damage taken decrease that huge of a deal? So your 4k crits hit for 3600 instead on them? And their 4k crits are 4400 instead?

I mean obviously it helps but why does everyone make such a HUGE deal out of it? It's not like it's 20% or 30%.

Then it wouldnt be a problem to take it away, correct?:)

Because level 50s facing level 19s was more even?

I'm sorry if your queue times are longer than you would like, but you trying to act like low level WZ are more uneven now is just stupid.

If you wanted faster queue times you could have rolled Republic, its what I did. I would have much rather been sith, but it took me about 5 minutes on my first character to realize what that would have meant.

I AM republic.

The problem is that during anything but primetime it just defaults to empire vs empire and we don't get enough people queueing to get a game going for republic. Isn't that just stupid? The side with the overpopulation gets to PVP against themselves, while we just wait. Yeah this will work out well....

I am also on what was a high population server (think it still is?).

I AM republic.

The problem is that during anything but primetime it just defaults to empire vs empire and we don't get enough people queueing to get a game going for republic. Isn't that just stupid? The side with the overpopulation gets to PVP against themselves, while we just wait. Yeah this will work out well....

I am also on what was a high population server (think it still is?).

Well I play republic and noticed no difference in queue times. The sub 50 queues actually seem faster.

I'll have to try PVP again now that 50's aren't in it I guess. I gave up after winning 1 out of 37 warzones. The one that I was on the winning side had all 50's, one 37 and me, a level 23 at the time.

I don't really care what people want to say is the reason for it. It may be because everyone I ever faced except that one battle was a preformed group, it may be because everyone was way more skilled than I (although at level 23 as a healing commando, it's not like there are a lot of options for me in keeping my side alive at 23), or, it may be as I believe and that all those level 50 in their shiny pvp gear may have an advantage.

What I can say is that being stun/electrocuted and dying before I can come out of it, got old real fast. I tried to ignore all the loses and play for fun, but I was finding 20 to 30 deaths a match to really sap a lot of the fun out of it.

As bad as that was, I have to say that I despise playing Hutt-Ball. I just have no interest in that map yet I am forced to play it repeatedly. Even if I can win 1 in 5 or even 1 in 10 matches so that I can complete my daily...I still don't know if I will continue as long as i'm forced to play maps that are not fun for me, just so I can wait it out and play the ones that interest me.

So I'll give it a try again and see if being insta-killed has gone down some, but I will still be closing the game to drop out of any Huttball matches. I just refuse to be forced to suffer through crap that I hate so I can do something I want to do.

On that note, actually, does anyone know if there is a way to leave the warzones without having to close your client? Is there a door or something inside we can click on to leave in the event we don't like the random map we got?

after I have to crash the game a couple times in a row to leave huttball matches I get fed up and go play another game for a while until the frustration goes away and I can go back. So a better way to exit matches would be great. Otherwise I'll just forgo PVP and only play for questing when my friends are online. But I would prefer to play a little pvp if it's a bit more fair now...though I won't be playing huttball one way or another.

Then it wouldnt be a problem to take it away, correct?:)

Sure, as long as we have a way to guarantee PvP gear will always be better (by a good margin) than PvE gear for PvP. Take away all the stats you want as long as this is the case.

I doubt you'll find another way to ensure this without making PvP gear better than PvE gear for PvE though that doesn't include a PvP only stat.