This is weird... but I have to ask

TrixxieTriss

I started to lvl my slinger on SF today and came across this topic

Are people throwing lowbies and mid matches so their “invisible” ELO is low for match making when they get to reg lvl 70 pvp?

I know it’s seems absurd, but someone was talking about a group of people doing it on SF, so I needed to ask if anyone else has heard of this and would it even work?

Plus, honestly why would you even bother :rolleyes:

I am seeing a few trolls running in empty red shells at lvl 30+. I’ve also seen the usual suspects leaving matches at lvl 39-40 so they can troll lowbies. But why throw matches like they are win trading?

Edited by TrixxieTriss

no.

even if a bunch of dumb people decided it would be possible:

you cant see it.. in fact only the devs word says it exists

the only good side to it would be premadeing vs bads? cept as 5.9.2 highest elo of premade decides elo tier not group average

lastly.. no one cares about regs enough to screw with it. lets supppose it is real. first of all when you get 70s youll be in the lose tier, everything will be 50/50 wins, secondly if you choose to "gank bads" your elo will rise and you will tier out of it. and secondly a lot of players in regs these days dont even play objectives so they will be in the trash tier anyway

which is a noteable thing. the tiers of regs would be reversed, unlike arenas where dps and numbers win, objectives win regs... meaning all those 6k parses are going to find themselves at the bottom.

all this aside.... imo I dont believe any of this "elo regs" exists on any noticable level. I believe that its a carrot that eric hung in front of us to keep us playing and if it does exists consists of minimal to non noticable effect. opinion only.

Edited by Seterade

no.

even if a bunch of dumb people decided it would be possible:

you cant see it.. in fact only the devs word says it exists

the only good side to it would be premadeing vs bads? cept as 5.9.2 highest elo of premade decides elo tier not group average

lastly.. no one cares about regs enough to screw with it. lets supppose it is real. first of all when you get 70s youll be in the lose tier, everything will be 50/50 wins, secondly if you choose to "gank bads" your elo will rise and you will tier out of it. and secondly a lot of players in regs these days dont even play objectives so they will be in the trash tier anyway

which is a noteable thing. the tiers of regs would be reversed, unlike arenas where dps and numbers win, objectives win regs... meaning all those 6k parses are going to find themselves at the bottom.

all this aside.... imo I dont believe any of this "elo regs" exists on any noticable level. I believe that its a carrot that eric hung in front of us to keep us playing and if it does exists consists of minimal to non noticable effect. opinion only.

That’s pretty much what I said when the topic was being discussed, but people were adamant this was going on, so I wanted to ask people here who haven’t more clue than noob fleet spammers.

we don't know enough about the ELO to know if it would be a viable strategy to manipulate ELO or not. Is the invisible ELO character based? Legacy based? Account Based? Do lowbie and mid tier pvp even count towards the ELO?

Even if someone did this; I have doubts that is would even matter in the short term. long term, it wouldn't anyways

we don't know enough about the ELO to know if it would be a viable strategy to manipulate ELO or not. Is the invisible ELO character based? Legacy based? Account Based? Do lowbie and mid tier pvp even count towards the ELO?

Even if someone did this; I have doubts that is would even matter in the short term. long term, it wouldn't anyways

Yup. We don't know, and BW won't tell us so people can't game the system (is it majority based on gear anyway? does it look at dps while you are fighting? only objective points?). There are so many possibilities that anyone who is trying to lose to "game the system" quite frankly probably would have lost most matches anyway...

And yup, if it's constantly changing, at most you'll get carried the first couple matches you do at level 70, but losing every match getting there will take so much longer that I really can't see the point.

I think BW made up the Secret Shadow ELO so they could watch our conversations about it here in the forums.

Spark some gossip to propagate their own little conspiracy theory. It's kinda funny when you think about it.

I don't know if people do it or not, but the smartest thing for BW to do (and I hope they did that) is to reset ELO upon reaching LVL 70 (and maybe upon reaching LVL 40 too, because it changes the LVL group). Then we don't have to worry about people doing that (and if they are extremely talented they will jump high in the ELO in their 1st 3 matches and get what they deserve.

People could still theoretically "throw" in a LVL 70 game to cheat the ELO, but if you gotta lose a few times just to increase your chances to win in the next few times (before your victories get your ELO up again), you might as well just try to win these games instead, to save time.

Edited by Rafiknoll