Game is fubar for over 7+ hours now and no Bioware?

TrixxieTriss

Not sure what else to say.... my disappoint is pretty high after such a ****** week of lag, to then not be able to login to the characters I need to because they are all in the SH is a massive let down to an already terrible week.

Bioware, I think I can say from a lot of people in my situation that this whole week has made us question if you can even roll out 6.0 without breaking the whole game for good.

The poor response to the lag problems and bugs and now where a huge amount of people can’t actually play is so bad.

I don’t know wether to be angry or sad. I do know I feel dejected by the experience this week. So I’m going to take a break from playing till you can fix the game.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I'm sure the SWTOR team is doing everything they can with what they have, but I assume the issues with the game are a combination of poor tech decisions when the game was first developed and that EA is basically only putting enough resources into SWTOR to keep the office lights on.

I don't know what the best solution would be. I just hope EA starts putting more towards SWTOR so they can deal with these issues properly and keep the game running smoothly. They might have to borrow resources from other projects to do that, but I think it needs to be done if they want SWTOR's sub revenue to keep coming in.

Part of player frustration - besides the game constantly breaking in new and imaginative ways - is the lack of communication during non-US business hours.

A simple 'the team is aware and are actively working on it' acknowledgement would help mitigate that.

It's a communication issue that should probably be addressed.

Edited by michaelcshow

I'm sure the SWTOR team is doing everything they can with what they have, but I assume the issues with the game are a combination of poor tech decisions when the game was first developed and that EA is basically only putting enough resources into SWTOR to keep the office lights on.

I don't know what the best solution would be. I just hope EA starts putting more towards SWTOR so they can deal with these issues properly and keep the game running smoothly. They might have to borrow resources from other projects to do that, but I think it needs to be done if they want SWTOR's sub revenue to keep coming in.

Sadly., they borrowed from here for Anthem. Frankly, they should have left them here and put the Anthem people here also and revived this. The interest is there because it's Star Wars and BioWare/EA have the franchise license it seems. If you want a Star Wars game, it's pretty much coming from an EA division. Origin is crammed with them. Poor decisions have hurt SWTOR, not the game itself. How many other fully cinematic voice acted MMOs are there? They have had a gold mine since Day 0 and squandered it since Day 0. They wanted to go the nickel and dime route while also basically requiring a subscription to get around the gimped game play. Look how that decision has turned out.

I mean, i don't know much about SWTOR, but i recently found out Bioware screwed themselves over in 3 out of 3 of their latest games. EA offered them an extra year for Andromeda and they refused, they gave them 5 years or something for Anthem and they got NOTHING done until EA stepped in on the last year and aksed for results, Dragon Age 4's whole project got a reboot in 2018 after 1 or 2 years of work

The level of mismanagement from BW's suits is Obsidian level

Edited by Innateagle

Or at least someone on call.

They are at work now. Or at least the community manager is. The EA Answers forum or EA Help (whatever it is called) picked this up a couple of hours ago. Apparently, getting info to the team is faster by going there instead of coming here.

They are at work now. Or at least the community manager is. The EA Answers forum or EA Help (whatever it is called) picked this up a couple of hours ago. Apparently, getting info to the team is faster by going there instead of coming here.

Don't worry. They'll update Twitter shortly. :rolleyes:

Edited by kodrac

FYI:

American game & company in the Central time zone.

You play an American game, learn to deal with the times they work in.

You wouldn't expect a company in China, or Russia to be open in American times. I don't get the entitlement for this game from some of the out of country players.

Wish there was a way to know who subs - and who freeloads, in order to discern who actually is entitled to an opinion on this.

You are paying 14.99 a month (at most -- SOME of us are) - which amounts to what, about TWO CENTS an hour? for unlimited access to a venue that runs 24/7.

If losing a few hours of game time because of the inevitability of bugs/issues in a game that runs -- constantly is upsetting you to the point of vitriol - you need some serious perspective.

Edited by Seena

FYI:

You wouldn't expect a company in China, or Russia to be open in American times. I don't get the entitlement for this game from some of the out of country players.

It's not entitlement; it's support for access to a product we pay for when it goes wrong during our peak play times. If SWTOR did not want us (the rest of the planet), as customers they would have (should have?) made their game accessible to American customers only.

There are many "country-specific" based companies/organisations that offer support to customers regardless of their country/time zone. It's good business to be able to support your customers wherever they are. SWTOR is one of the few that doesn't. I'm in Britain (Europe) and play other American based games that offer support during peak play time hours during BST/GM; it is not "entitlement" to expect otherwise for something I pay for.

FYI:

Blizzard, with all their faults and issues, can do it with WoW.

It's not entitlement; it's support for access to a product we pay for when it goes wrong during our peak play times. If SWTOR did not want us (the rest of the planet), as customers they would have (should have?) made their game accessible to American customers only.

There are many "country-specific" based companies/organisations that offer support to customers regardless of their country/time zone. It's good business to be able to support your customers wherever they are. SWTOR is one of the few that doesn't. I'm in Britain (Europe) and play other American based games that offer support during peak play time hours during BST/GM; it is not "entitlement" to expect otherwise for something I pay for.

So --- how much "on demand" support do you expect for what amounts to half a cent an hour payment?

IF you are actually paying it.

You are free of course, to go to those games offering that awesome customer service -- they are, according to you, the majority - so, you should have lots of options.

Why don't you check out Bethesda-- I bet they would be EXACTLY what you are looking for! ::s*****r::

So --- how much "on demand" support do you expect for what amounts to half a cent an hour payment?

IF you are actually paying it.

You are free of course, to go to those games offering that awesome customer service -- they are, according to you, the majority - so, you should have lots of options.

Why don't you check out Bethesda-- I bet they would be EXACTLY what you are looking for! ::s*****r::

Mind if i steal....ahem, i mean "borrow" your car? You only payed like 2 cents per mile for it you can't expect to have access to it whenever you want.

As I often point out in these situations, it may not be BW and/or SWTOR that's entirely at fault. For me, the whole internet has been flaky for the past few days (until last night) - not just SWTOR. On-line tennis has been dropping in and out. Youtube videos start and stop. I constantly had to reload pages.

It seems more like some sort of internet backbone issue, although it could be a combo of things.

In my case, much of the problem seems to have fixed itself, and some of the problem seems to have been a flaky LAN port on my router. My main computer, connected through a LAN cable, and my tablet, connected through WiFi, both had problems, but the Computer was worse (than the tablet) until I connected the LAN cable to a different port on the router.

Wish there was a way to know who subs - and who freeloads, in order to discern who actually is entitled to an opinion on this.

You are paying 14.99 a month (at most -- SOME of us are) - which amounts to what, about TWO CENTS an hour? for unlimited access to a venue that runs 24/7.

If losing a few hours of game time because of the inevitability of bugs/issues in a game that runs -- constantly is upsetting you to the point of vitriol - you need some serious perspective.

People have varying schedules, which is why not being able to access a paid service at any time is upsetting. A two-hour gap isn't worth 4 cents, it represents an entire day of game time to many people. That's 50 cents when divided by 30 days. Now what happens if you can't log in multiple times during the week, or the game is virtually unplayable due to lag for a week or more? How much is that worth to you?

Crying that the sky is falling for minimal problems is a bad thing, but so is criticizing legitimate customer service complaints.

Yeah I don't think it's too much to ask for compensation when a server issue locks players out of the service they are paying for. Most other MMOs I've played do something along those lines, at least a token effort to compensate for lost time. I have never seen Bioware do that for SWTOR, however.

In the absence of compensation, I expect faster / better tech support, but that's not going to happen either, I suspect because it's a actually a lot more expensive than giving away free pixels.

Frankly, I do not understand Bioware's aversion to in-game compensation for problems of their own making. Make players happy, don't spend a nickel - seems win/win to me.

And I can say fairly safely that internet for me has not been the problem in this case. It's purely a server-side issue where certain toons in certain locations (Nar Shadaa SH in my case) is bugging and causing time-outs to the login screen. I have full speed ahead when pinging server nodes all over (incl. EA) and no dropouts.

Edited by cibacrome

You need to sub in order to post on this forum, so no one here is "freeloading", as you so delightfully put it.

If people legitimately playing a game on a free-to-play basis upsets you to the point of vitriol, maybe you need some serious perspective?