Music in TOR.

Zekester

Music in any Star Wars game/movie is just one of the main elements that make it so dam awesome.. and I barely hear any in TOR.

Unless of course im fighting an "Epic" enemy or a boss, but even then sometimes it never starts. Venturing to a new area or a cutscene will have it's own theme, but it fades out after 1 min. Lame.

Bioware, you're killing me. Is there a music disabled button somewhere I can change? Or am I just screwed out of questing to the dull silence?

I'm a disappointed the OST that came with the Collector's Edition doesn't have all the tracks....or like any of the planet tracks.

I too was disappointed with the OST. Then again, the majority of the music is from KOTOR, KOTOR 2, or the movies.

As for the topic itself, there was never a break in music during fights, and on rare occasion would there be no music outside of fights. Dialogue generally didnt have music, unless something was actually happening.

Look at movies though (the star wars movies in particular). There was ALOT of music. Did it play for 2 hours? Nope. Most music was during fights, montages, scene cuts, important dialogue, the same places music is found in TOR.

They did an excellent job with music cuing, and if your having problems, its more than likely an unintended bug.

I too was disappointed with the OST. Then again, the majority of the music is from KOTOR, KOTOR 2, or the movies.

As for the topic itself, there was never a break in music during fights, and on rare occasion would there be no music outside of fights. Dialogue generally didnt have music, unless something was actually happening.

Look at movies though (the star wars movies in particular). There was ALOT of music. Did it play for 2 hours? Nope. Most music was during fights, montages, scene cuts, important dialogue, the same places music is found in TOR.

They did an excellent job with music cuing, and if your having problems, its more than likely an unintended bug.

I don't think it's a bug I think they simply did not put enough music in the game.

I don't think it's a bug I think they simply did not put enough music in the game.

I disagree completely. I dont remember the number exactly, but they produced hundreds of hours of ORIGINAL music for this game. Original. Thats music not from previous works, which is played quite a bit. A hundred hours alone is inhuman.

Like I said, I hear music most of the time, and when I dont, its when I dont want/care if music is playing; its not fitting for what Im doing or the scene I'm watching.

Should music be playing when Qyzen is telling me about the excruciating trandoshan rite of molting his skin? No. Marrying Nadia? Absolutely. Guess which of those two scenes played music.

While on a planet, music everywhere. Going to Nar Shaddaa put me in a state of nostalgia for KOTOR 2 so hard I almost dozed off, simply from the music alone.

Music issues are reported and known, if you arent hearing enough, its probably a bug, or your weird and simply want music to be playing all the time regardless of the circumstance. If the former, file a report. If the later, get a playlist going on your Ipod. In either case, stop complaining.

yeah, i wish they had a loop option. Heck, there are times even ambient noise shuts off. A noiseless speeder is just...weird.

However, i do love when the music abruptly switches to suit a sudden change in mood. In my Smug's class quest on tattooine just as you're about to fight the bad guy and gal, you go from serious moment to "oops Reika, i have it all under control here" and the music actually reflects that. LOVED THAT :D

edited: typos galore

Edited by Clova

Sorry for putting on my rose-tinted specs.. but every former SWG player needs to look at this:

Even though it's merely 20~ seconds long, small clips similar to them were constantly played throughout the game. It did SUCH an amazing job to immerse you, and give you that odd "warm" feeling of the atmosphere. It just swayed your mind.

SWTOR would be such an amazing game if it did the same thing.

Edited by Megasuperb

There's hardly any music at all in this game, which is extremely disappointing to me. For me, Diablo, Warcraft, Starcraft all of their games have amazing soundtracks with ambiance.. really immerse you. This game is boring in that sense.

Blizzard fanboy/employee. check.

At least name a game not made by blizzard if you want to dispel this.

Anyway, I usually turn the music of in games. Of course I could not do that in SWG or TOR, since the music in Star Wars is actually an integral part of the universe. Seriously, I even hear it in my head when I am reading one of the books.

I disagree completely. I dont remember the number exactly, but they produced hundreds of hours of ORIGINAL music for this game. Original. Thats music not from previous works, which is played quite a bit. A hundred hours alone is inhuman.

That's crazy. I hardly noticed it. I would've liked to hear more of it while leveling.

Blizzard fanboy/employee. check.

At least name a game not made by blizzard if you want to dispel this.

Anyway, I usually turn the music of in games. Of course I could not do that in SWG or TOR, since the music in Star Wars is actually an integral part of the universe. Seriously, I even hear it in my head when I am reading one of the books.

Baldur's Gate. LOtRO.

However, my initial point stand. Blizzard always creates incredible soundtracks for their games. That isn't open for debate! Blizzard does spoil us.. but I wish BioWare would have even attempted to throw in constant music in every zone, giving us a different vibe and stuff. It's all the same.. boring.

Baldur's Gate. LOtRO.

However, my initial point stand. Blizzard always creates incredible soundtracks for their games. That isn't open for debate! Blizzard does spoil us.. but I wish BioWare would have even attempted to throw in constant music in every zone, giving us a different vibe and stuff. It's all the same.. boring.

opinion..and no I won't debate opinion with you. But i disagree.

I will agree that they need to add a loop music function or a playlist function.

That's crazy. I hardly noticed it. I would've liked to hear more of it while leveling.

I heard much of it. But you also must understand that this game is largely divided in half, and those halves are partially divided into fourths. For a lot of my IA story I heard COMPLETELY different music than my consular. It immersed me in a completely different way. As I level my Knight, the music even seems to divide the two jedi classes. The music is just so different.

There's hardly any music at all in this game, which is extremely disappointing to me. For me, Diablo, Warcraft, Starcraft all of their games have amazing soundtracks with ambiance.. really immerse you. This game is boring in that sense.

here's what you do:

turn the music slider to 100

turn all the rest to 35 or lower (sfx to like 6 or 7 is plenty, guns/sabers are a tad too loud)

turn the main slider and your computer volume a lot higher. you'll start to hear more music. for some reason, the music is very quiet so it seems non-existent.

Yep The devs are aware but the music and sound options has serous issues the wrong music playing at the wrong Time Example Kira is bearing her soul (and hopefully soon something else) to me and I get the Obi Wan/Jango fight music from EP I Later I'm fighting a Sith Lord and there is this epic romantic music then there are times when there is just no music...for twenty or thirty minuets.

Honestly I hope they fix it soon because it's just horrible now

Edited by Jett-Rinn