Marksmanship PVP - Alacrity vs. Power/Crit

BonnerFett

I have been playing with various Augments/Enhancements. I'm really digging going with Alacrity augs and Power/Crit enhancements. I can't tell which is better for PVP. The Alacrity build feels good vs. an all Power/Crit build. Anybody have any feedback, looking for builds that people are having success with in PVP? I'm looking for info as I'm trying to get good enough to do ranked PVP.

Thanks in advance!

In reg pugged arenas, I don't think any amount of different gear will save you all that much if you get focused. But, at least in reg wzs you should see a difference. (even in arenas if you're gonna get focused first, sometimes you can blow enough CDs to get some decent damage)

That said, I use mostly power/alacrity with some crit. I have about 13% alacrity, so some of my CDs come back quite fast, but most importantly, my abilities hit quite fast as well. I won't hit extremely hard, but what I make up in hard hits, I do in faster damage.

• 2 weeks later...
In reg pugged arenas, I don't think any amount of different gear will save you all that much if you get focused. But, at least in reg wzs you should see a difference. (even in arenas if you're gonna get focused first, sometimes you can blow enough CDs to get some decent damage)

That said, I use mostly power/alacrity with some crit. I have about 13% alacrity, so some of my CDs come back quite fast, but most importantly, my abilities hit quite fast as well. I won't hit extremely hard, but what I make up in hard hits, I do in faster damage.

Looking for more feedback... I'm unsure of how to tune my stats for marksman PVP...

Thanks,

The standard balance build for most classes is around 6-10% alarcity, 1300-1600 crit or 65-70% crit damage and rest in power or mastery. You can play around with the numbers to suite your style. There isn't anything that's set in stone.

Thank you for the response. This helps provide some guidance.

I have been playing with various Augments/Enhancements. I'm really digging going with Alacrity augs and Power/Crit enhancements. I can't tell which is better for PVP. The Alacrity build feels good vs. an all Power/Crit build. Anybody have any feedback, looking for builds that people are having success with in PVP? I'm looking for info as I'm trying to get good enough to do ranked PVP.

Thanks in advance!

taking a sniper into ranked is going to be a painful experience. you have been warned.

• 3 weeks later...
I like a tiny bit of accuracy, the rest crit enhancements and then all power augs Zero alacrity. IMO Alacrity is a waste in warzones because they consist of short fights followed by lulls or death where your CDs can come back in plenty of time. Better to hit as hard as you can while you have the chance.