Been excluded from raid because I'm a powertech

DarthWoad

Well, myself and my guild are very disappointed with the powertech nerf....so much so that I got snubbed from the raid because "my dps is terrible", despite ALWAYS having the best dps in every raid we did pre-2.0. Instead, they replaced me in the main raid group with a marauder.

But I insisted to them, powertech pyrotech is one of the best aoe classes in the game (death from above, flame sweep, carbonize, flame thrower, explosive dart), but they still kicked me because my "single target dps lacks".

Or maybe its time to find another guild, who knows. But I can feel myself, that my single target dps has been decreased.

Please note this is level 50 with full maxed out dread guard (power)

Even if your DPS is the same, a marauder has better utilty and raid synergy with blood thirst, predation, small aoe group healing and better survivability due to more and better defensive cooldowns. Even before 2.0 id rather have a marauder over a powertech. If the only thing that has changed is a relative drop in dps compared to marauders then there is even less reason to take a powertech. I'd still rather have a good ranged dps over melee DPS as it make most fights easier in general.

I think that powertechs are still perfectly viable and can certainly carry their own weight but i would not say that they are preferred. Besides it could be worse and you could be an operative or sin dps lol.

Nice Raid. In my Raid, we normally bring the player, not the class. My Raidmembers are my friends, my brothers in arms. We would never, ever kick anyone because he gets outperformed because of his classchoice in the current patch.

Besides, how on hell will they know if Powertech is underperforming? Nobody is even close to having appropriate gear right now for making a fact-based decision about dps.

Well, myself and my guild are very disappointed with the powertech nerf....so much so that I got snubbed from the raid because "my dps is terrible", despite ALWAYS having the best dps in every raid we did pre-2.0. Instead, they replaced me in the main raid group with a marauder.

But I insisted to them, powertech pyrotech is one of the best aoe classes in the game (death from above, flame sweep, carbonize, flame thrower, explosive dart), but they still kicked me because my "single target dps lacks".

Or maybe its time to find another guild, who knows. But I can feel myself, that my single target dps has been decreased.

Please note

A. your only level 50 get to 55 and revamp you stats to all power

B. Now you acutely have to get a good spec and rotation going not gonna be pushing just 3 buttons and call it a day

C. Relearn your Class

D.if you can do A,B,C quit the game i would kick you from raid also....Its a no brainer

Please note

A. your only level 50 get to 55 and revamp you stats to all power

B. Now you acutely have to get a good spec and rotation going not gonna be pushing just 3 buttons and call it a day

C. Relearn your Class

D.if you can do A,B,C quit the game i would kick you from raid also....Its a no brainer

A. He never said his level.

B.Rotation didn't really change.

C.Only thing to do different is now you have to spam shoulder cannon every 1.5 minutes.

D. I sincerely hope you aren't leading any kind of anything.

As mentioned above, get up to 55 (thought you said you were at 50) and start getting your gear in order. With the changes in stats / stat budget no one is in a really good position as of yet regarding upper end raiding gear and fully min/maxed stats. All classes have had changes (for good or bad) and the PT Pyro burst was hit. However we are still completely functional in a raid setting if properly played and have utilities that marauders don't. If your guild still won't let you raid once that happens...find another.

Your raid leader is being stupid. There is no DPS class in the current game which is non-viably behind the other classes. Powertech DPS is fine (in both trees), and really within a few percentage points of even Sniper and Marauder DPS. The fact that your raid leader doesn't realize this indicates that they aren't very aware of the potential of the various classes, and the fact that he cut you indicates that he's more interested in the latest FOTM than he is in player skill.

/gquit

Edited by KeyboardNinja

Your raid leader is being stupid. There is no DPS class in the current game which is non-viably behind the other classes. Powertech DPS is fine (in both trees), and really within a few percentage points of even Sniper and Marauder DPS. The fact that your raid leader doesn't realize this indicates that they aren't very aware of the potential of the various classes, and the fact that he cut you indicates that he's more interested in the latest FOTM than he is in player skill.

/gquit

+1

Dpser is not only DPS.

Powertech dps.....I'm sorry, but its terrible in 2.0. You can itemize better or try a different class. But a marauder has higher single target dps than a powertech dps at this point.

You obviously never played one prior to 2.0, or you haven't played one ever. You're completely wrong on that. I had to be guarded all the time. That was also with two other muras in the group.

Edited by Individual

how much u parse on dummy? ask top pyrotechs to be better

First off, if I, as an ops leader, had a 50 hanging around when the level cap is 55, I'd bench you for any warm body I could find.

Secondly, pyro is not one of the better aoe specs in the game. The only things it really beats are deception assassins. If one of my raiders had ever come to me saying that pyro was a top aoe spec and that justified an ops spot I'd have gkicked them instead of benching them. All that adding CGC to Flame Sweep did was give them a little sustained aoe damage and a way to slow multiple targets in pvp.

Thirdly, even though pyro got changed it's still completely viable for PvE. It's lower dps than AP is, but not by much. If you value your personal dps that much then learn AP or 2/22/22 hybrid. Both should be fully competitive with marauder, merc, sorc, and maybe even sniper dps. Full AP is more buttons but less thought, hybrid requires a little timing and heat management but has fewer buttons to worry about.

The only real nerf was to the completely broken hybrid build that was parsing 600 dps higher than anything else could hope to. The rest was taking the front-loaded burst of pyro and spreading it out a little. They could up the DoT damage on TD a little, but otherwise the spec is fine for current content.

My best advice for getting your spot in ops back is to get the xpac and learn AP.

Edited by Pasture

If one of my raiders had ever come to me saying that pyro was a top aoe spec and that justified an ops spot I'd have gkicked them instead of benching them.

This simply, is an example of what you saw in your guild- bad leadership sponsored by elitism. I f you have proven yourself in the past to this guild, and they kick you because of changes due to the game, maybe the leadership should give back a bit and try to help you by giving you a chance to oversome that obstacle. Anything less is crap. Even if they said, we are taking someone else this week, take the time and figure your 2.0 class changes out and we will get you back in - I would understand that.

Bottom line - your guild leader sucks and should not be leading anything, he/she obviously only cares about his / her own loot. I would never kick a guildee, or permanently bench them over class changes. Nothing anyone says can justify that to me. My advice, learn your class, wreck **** on DPS with them and then show them what they lost by gquiting.

Kharma is a *****.

pre 2.0, pyro had high burst, low sustained, and therefore you have more chance to pull aggro. You also had no aggro drop compared to maras who can drop aggro very effectively. I-pull-aggro-hence-i-must-be-a-good-dps is exactly the mentality I hate in pyros. Maras/snipers over pyros anyday.

You obviously never played one prior to 2.0, or you haven't played one ever. You're completely wrong on that. I had to be guarded all the time. That was also with two other muras in the group.

pre 2.0, pyro had high burst, low sustained, and therefore you have more chance to pull aggro. You also had no aggro drop compared to maras who can drop aggro very effectively. I-pull-aggro-hence-i-must-be-a-good-dps is exactly the mentality I hate in pyros. Maras/snipers over pyros anyday.

High burst, low sustained? Pyro was a great sustained DPS class in 2.0. If you ran with Pyro's that were high burst in PVE, they were using TD aka doing it wrong.

"my dps is terrible", despite ALWAYS having the best dps in every raid we did pre-2.0.

I had a slightly different interpretation of this than most people, I think. If your dps is currently lacking, as in you leveled to 55 and started the new raids and you're far behind the rest of the group, it doesn't necessarily matter what you did before the xpac. If your guild is trying to be hardcore (sounds like it), what you did last tier doesn't help you progress this tier. Try looking up high ranking PTs/VGs on torparse, figuring out what they do differently, improving, and winning your spot back.

If it's a casual guild, maybe they just don't like you and they're trying to get rid of you.

A. He never said his level.

B.Rotation didn't really change.

C.Only thing to do different is now you have to spam shoulder cannon every 1.5 minutes.

D. I sincerely hope you aren't leading any kind of anything.

Both rotation and spec changed. You now need to go full pyro (other specs may parse better on the dummy, but the lack of burnout puts them behind in raids) and then work in IM, TD and SC in the rotation, and make sure to only spend GCDs on that when PPA is on ICD.

3 people compete over top dps in our guild, and are about tied - me, the other PT in the guild and our sniper. The Mara, mercs and sorcs are all behind (we don't have any sin, op or jugg dps).

This is what happens when people take the dummy as representative of raids - it misses stuff like some classes loosing dps when forced to move, raid buffs like armor reduction and DPS boosts below 30%.

Edited by steave