Additional Existing in Game Assets that should be Decorations

MaximusRex

Album of Existing In Game Assets

I do realize that this visual listing is very Sith/Empire heavy, but in part that is because I feel that a lot of the current decorations are more in line with the earth tones and soft blues that you more often see Republic side. And honestly I don't blame them, those more readily match the themes of 3/4 of the current strongholds. There is certainly a lack of Ceiling Lighting Options that match the Empire aesthetic, for which I have linked several possibilities that would work well.

I think there is potentially some value in recolors of some items, like the Holocron Data Node which I would be all over if it had a more Dark Side appropriate version.

I also encourage other players to share screen shots of items they see in the game that aren't already available as decorations.

The thought of Bioware selling more of the ingame assets as decorations via the RNG on the evil gamble packs is making my wallet wail in despair.

For gods sake make ingame assests buyable directly for CC's from a vendor.

The Expansion just dropped and this is early access. I'm sure in the future most of these will be available. We have what we have for now but be sure that when they drop it for Pref players there will be more added. I would just wait and see what comes over the next couple months.

As long as decorations like these aren't gated behind real world cash or some insane amount of crafting then I'll be ok.

The Expansion just dropped and this is early access. I'm sure in the future most of these will be available. We have what we have for now but be sure that when they drop it for Pref players there will be more added. I would just wait and see what comes over the next couple months.

I'd rather be proactive and show them what I want then just passively wait and hope that someday they might choose to make items I want available.

Upon launch, the number of available decorations is actually staggeringly limited. Sure, you probably get more than a hundred to choose from but even then, they're divided into several categories and/or themes. You get a couple of Voss things. Couple of computers. A few sith themed things. A bed or two. ONE bar, and that's a rare drop from a pack. If you want a unified style, you're very limited in your choices.

Add to that the NPC limit which is a bit of an insult, and yeah, I really hope that Bioware will continue to add things. Not just to the coming cartel packs mind you, but also to the crafting vendors. The reason I bring this up is that Strongholds has revitalized crafting, and if new recipies don't continue to trickle in, people will stop crafting. Bioware should not want that to happen.

The reason for that is perceived value. Right now decorations represent a certain value, because of the amount of crafting materials that go into comparable decorations. You have to invest to make them. Since Stronholds is hot right now, Bioware was wise to simultaneously lower the cost of cartel packs AND increase its value by adding a seperate decoration roll. That probably sold thousands of packs more than usual, and it shows, because most of the other stuff that drops from the packs is complete junk status now. People are opening the packs for the decorations.