Forged Alliances Ending (spoiler warning)

First came the regular triumvirate armor.

Then came the battleworn triumvirate armor.

Then came the ventilated triumvirate set and the infamous metal crotch.

First You-Know-Who was wearing a normal set.

Now he's wearing a battleworn set.

Can you imagine what they're going to make him wear in the expansion?

I was always a bit insulted by the idea that Revan would be taken out by some mid-range characters.

If he is taken out, it should be only possible by highly geared, end-game characters in the hardest OP this game has ever produced.

- Arcada

Edited by Nydus

First came the regular triumvirate armor.

Then came the battleworn triumvirate armor.

Then came the ventilated triumvirate set and the infamous metal crotch.

First You-Know-Who was wearing a normal set.

Now he's wearing a battleworn set.

Can you imagine what they're going to make him wear in the expansion?

Oh dear.

Oh deaaaaar, this is bad. Real bad.

Should we kill it with fire before it can reach the third stage?

However, does anyone know if Trandoshans can be killed with fire? Are they impervious to it or not?

Edited by ToMyMa

Oh dear.

Oh deaaaaar, this is bad. Real bad.

Should we kill it with fire before it can reach the third stage?

However, does anyone know if Trandoshans can be killed with fire? Are they impervious to it or not?

I believe Trandoshans are vulnerable to fire: I've seen mass PT teams take on and kill Kephess in the past, and he's a trandoshan, isn't he?

I was always a bit insulted by the idea that Revan would be taken out by some mid-range characters.

If he is taken out, it should be only possible by highly geared, end-game characters in the hardest OP this game has ever produced.

- Arcada

I concur, but here's the fly in the ointment:

This is an MMO. That means that, even if you get exactly what you want, within 18 months it will be a lower-level op that people farm on their way to max level.

Well, I don't really know, the new flashpoint is great but I think he shouldn't be wanting to destroy the Republic as it's the Republic who saved him on Maelstrom and also, you get to meet him at the Gav Daragon (If I remember well) and he tells you of The Foundry and that, so I think he isn't Revan.

Also at a closer look it doesn't even seem the same body type you see in The Foundry, I think it just isn't Revan and probably we will get to face him/her (Who I think is an impostor) at some point and after he's defeated The True Revan will come to deal with him/her because as you should know from Dromund Kaas contact with The Revanites the cult leader is a Girl, named Tari Darkspanner.

That's my point of view, let me know what you think.

Edited by eltuercas

Well, I don't really know, the new flashpoint is great but I think he shouldn't be wanting to destroy the Republic as it's the Republic who saved him on Maelstrom and also, you get to meet him at the Gav Daragon (If I remember well) and he tells you of The Foundry and that, so I think he isn't Revan.

Also at a closer look it doesn't even seem the same body type you see in The Foundry, I think it just isn't Revan and probably we will get to face him/her (Who I think is an impostor) at some point and after he's defeated The True Revan will come to deal with him/her because as you should know from Dromund Kaas contact with The Revanites the cult leader is a Girl, named Tari Darkspanner.

That's my point of view, let me know what you think.

His motivation is pretty easy to reason for a destruction of both the Republic and the Empire.

He sought to completely eradicate the Empire with the Foundry, wiping out not just the faction's power base and army, but entire civilizations that support the Empire with it. His mind has gone progressively worse since his confrontation with the Emperor after the events of KOTOR, where the "do what is necessary for the greater good takes precedent over morality" trait is pretty apparent with his actions and speech.

However, this was also before the Foundry in terms of his motivation, where he fell to the Dark Side once again in desperation to defeat the Imperial strike team. He even says the same quote as Malak in the end: "As the darkness takes me, I am nothing."

Now that he has come back, it's pretty clear by his attire and attitude towards both factions is pretty dark and ominous. Which, imo, is probably due to the fact that Revan has been mentally linked to the Emperor for over 300 years and thought he was winning against him in the struggle for influence.

But now that Revan has fallen once again along with the fact that someone has lost their "voice", I believe the major enemy of this storyline is going to be a possessed Revan, controlled by the Emperor himself.

His motivation is pretty easy to reason for a destruction of both the Republic and the Empire.

He sought to completely eradicate the Empire with the Foundry, wiping out not just the faction's power base and army, but entire civilizations that support the Empire with it. His mind has gone progressively worse since his confrontation with the Emperor after the events of KOTOR, where the "do what is necessary for the greater good takes precedent over morality" trait is pretty apparent with his actions and speech.

However, this was also before the Foundry in terms of his motivation, where he fell to the Dark Side once again in desperation to defeat the Imperial strike team. He even says the same quote as Malak in the end: "As the darkness takes me, I am nothing."

Now that he has come back, it's pretty clear by his attire and attitude towards both factions is pretty dark and ominous. Which, imo, is probably due to the fact that Revan has been mentally linked to the Emperor for over 300 years and thought he was winning against him in the struggle for influence.

But now that Revan has fallen once again along with the fact that someone has lost their "voice", I believe the major enemy of this storyline is going to be a possessed Revan, controlled by the Emperor himself.

WOW! Sir(/lady) I didn't expect that but you might be right... But why would The Emperor want to destroy his Empire? That makes no sense ,also, getting a bit out of the storyline discussion I think they should put Revan's original armor back on him, and back to the main discussion, I think they would have to do totally different for each faction if that happens and I really expect that he doesn't die, in any of both factions' storyline obviously, otherwise it would make no sense, he is such a character that I think it defines this "Old Republic Era" as this series of games started with KoToR where you control Revan so I think they can't (or at least shouldn't) kill the char that I think this game is all about.

And about that of Revan's armor thing I interrupted the main discussion before, if you somehow are right about that, after freeing him from the Emperor (because even if he controls The Empire, he wants to destroy it, so we should have to free him (same for the Republic as he wants to destroy it too)) he should get his original armor back because I think it is what most defines him.

Again, that's my point of view, let me know what you think. =)

Edited by eltuercas

WOW! Sir(/lady) I didn't expect that but you might be right... But why would The Emperor want to destroy his Empire? That makes no sense ,also, getting a bit out of the storyline discussion I think they should put Revan's original armor back on him, and back to the main discussion, I think they would have to do totally different for each faction if that happens and I really expect that he doesn't die, in any of both factions' storyline obviously, otherwise it would make no sense, he is such a character that I think it defines this "Old Republic Era" as this series of games started with KoToR where you control Revan so I think they can't (or at least shouldn't) kill the char that I think this game is all about.

And about that of Revan's armor thing I interrupted the main discussion before, if you somehow are right about that, after freeing him from the Emperor (because even if he controls The Empire, he wants to destroy it, so we should have to free him (same for the Republic as he wants to destroy it too)) he should get his original armor back because I think it is what most defines him.

Again, that's my point of view, let me know what you think. =)

Answer contains spoilers of the Revan book:

According to the Revan book and some of the hints dropped by Lord Scourge in SWTOR, the Emperor seeks to absorb (and therefore end) all life. That is how he got his tremendous powers to begin with, by draining an entire planet similarly to Darth Nihilus, but with a lot more benefits for himself. He doesn't care about the Empire, he is afraid of losing his own power and desperately desires more and more, hence the destruction of everything else.

Edited by Elusive_Thing

- Arcada

You are so right, because obviously if I was released from a stasis constantly draining my energy for ages on end, and within a very short window of time (I mean literally the foundry events could take place less than a month after you release him) I would be right back into super kickass form.

It's so stupid that they want to just ***** in on fanboy idols instead of actually making new content.

I mean this is literally going into the stupidity of comic books now.

Answer contains spoilers of the Revan book:

According to the Revan book and some of the hints dropped by Lord Scourge in SWTOR, the Emperor seeks to absorb (and therefore end) all life. That is how he got his tremendous powers to begin with, by draining an entire planet similarly to Darth Nihilus, but with a lot more benefits for himself. He doesn't care about the Empire, he is afraid of losing his own power and desperately desires more and more, hence the destruction of everything else.

Yeah, I've readed it so I know what you say is true so you might have a point but since it's the Emperor who wants to destroy his onw Empire why doesn't he do it himself, since he is the leader of the Empire...

But what you say also makes sense, he might be using Revan to destroy both factions since he has control of the Order of Revan, and the Order of Revan has members on both factions afterall I think this is going to be such a story, I think it's going to be really awesome, also, all my hopes are on Revan I hope he just doesn't die as he is a legend in this Old Republic Era.

Let me know what you think. =)

You are so right, because obviously if I was released from a stasis constantly draining my energy for ages on end, and within a very short window of time (I mean literally the foundry events could take place less than a month after you release him) I would be right back into super kickass form.

It's so stupid that they want to just ***** in on fanboy idols instead of actually making new content.

I mean this is literally going into the stupidity of comic books now.

Well, you know Revan was also affected by the dark power of the Emperor and at the last fight on The Foundry he uses his darkside power to try to kill the strike team that defeats him so I think that's why he has been gone.

And I start to think ZooMzy is right and and he is just controlled by the Emperor to gain more power but after the defeat he suffered in The Foundry he was defeated while embracing the dark side so maybe that powered his connection to the dark side again and allowed the Emperor to control him, I don't think Revan really is evil I think he is getting manipulated.

Also DuEldrvarya as you well said he had his energy being drained for 300 years and after that you would just go "kick the Empire's ***" well he had his energy drained for 300 years he needed to recover and if you're also right about that The Foundry event happens 1 month after Maelstrom, he surely didn't recover himself fully and by using Space Fold when he is defeated maybe weakened him even more than after the release from Maelstrom so that was what gave the Emperor the chance to control him.

Yeah, I've readed it so I know what you say is true so you might have a point but since it's the Emperor who wants to destroy his onw Empire why doesn't he do it himself, since he is the leader of the Empire...

But what you say also makes sense, he might be using Revan to destroy both factions since he has control of the Order of Revan, and the Order of Revan has members on both factions afterall I think this is going to be such a story, I think it's going to be really awesome, also, all my hopes are on Revan I hope he just doesn't die as he is a legend in this Old Republic Era.

Let me know what you think. =)

The RotHC implies that the Emperor is dead, right? Maybe the Emperor is somehow yet again manipulating Revan while trying to keep himself safe from prying eyes. If the plan fails, he loses a puppet, but due to being immortal he can just wait and come up with something else. I have no real theory of my own, because I have not really paid the situation any attention, but this is a feasible idea in a way. The downside would of course be that if the players get to annihilate Revan in the future Ops, they would still be several steps away from the Emperor. Interesting to see how this unfolds.

Remember, the Emperor wants to destroy both factions. Easier to eradicate both at once when he has the chance. Just destroying the Republic might alert Imperials about his true strength and force them to take action before he can get his plan back together.

Edited by Elusive_Thing

Also DuEldrvarya as you well said he had his energy being drained for 300 years and after that you would just go "kick the Empire's ***" well he had his energy drained for 300 years he needed to recover and if you're also right about that The Foundry event happens 1 month after Maelstrom, he surely didn't recover himself fully and by using Space Fold when he is defeated maybe weakened him even more than after the release from Maelstrom so that was what gave the Emperor the chance to control him.

Worth remembering that the Emperor was able to make Lord Scourge immortal pretty damn easily. It's feasible to think he could've re-empowered Revan after The Foundry.

Worth remembering that the Emperor was able to make Lord Scourge immortal pretty damn easily. It's feasible to think he could've re-empowered Revan after The Foundry.

True... and now you say it, it would be damn amazing if the Emperor made Revan immortal too as he is a very powerful force user (I don't think he can be classified as Jedi or Sith, I think he is way more powerful than both).