Conquest - repeatable operations intended to be repeatable?

And think about it ..... why would I bring this up if this would be an 'obscure trick only some guilds are using'? That would be really stupid of me since I would have told a lot of people how to exploit this week. I can assure you that I knew people would use this ALSO because many guilds already have used it in the past.

You know ...... guilds claiming worlds first because something was mathematically impossible. Since its a common thing to do I didn't want the leaderboards to be spoiled but people using tricks.

And what I feared was true. I have seen a lot of guilds (including 1 of my own guilds) saving lockouts for last bosses (unless pugging has become very crappy lately where the groups weren't able to kill any last boss :eek:). If everybody is fine with that its okey but the fact is that its still cheating. Its up for anyone to make up their own mind how harsh they think the cheating is. Personally I haven't used the tricks and deliberately stepped out of doing conquest this week.

You were the one that said people didn't understand what you were trying to say and subsequently tried to "explain" it to us.

You also tried to make it sound like it wasn't very common because you referred to people doing it on specific conquest weeks in the past. Newsflash - It's happened every week there's been a Group Finder Operation reward... so... every week.

Also, all I get from your post is that you're a bit bitter about losing to this guild you alluded to, since if a load of guilds are using this method, there's no need to hint to one specific guild.

Sigh ........ you know that at primary school they teach something called comprehensive reading?

And think about it ..... why would I bring this up if this would be an 'obscure trick only some guilds are using'? That would be really stupid of me since I would have told a lot of people how to exploit this week. I can assure you that I knew people would use this ALSO because many guilds already have used it in the past.

You know ...... guilds claiming worlds first because something was mathematically impossible. Since its a common thing to do I didn't want the leaderboards to be spoiled but people using tricks.

And what I feared was true. I have seen a lot of guilds (including 1 of my own guilds) saving lockouts for last bosses (unless pugging has become very crappy lately where the groups weren't able to kill any last boss :eek:). If everybody is fine with that its okey but the fact is that its still cheating. Its up for anyone to make up their own mind how harsh they think the cheating is. Personally I haven't used the tricks and deliberately stepped out of doing conquest this week.

Ok, since either people are not seeing the point I'll explain it.

yes plz explain it to all of us inferior minds who don't think that using lockouts the way they were designed is cheating

Does it actually say anywhere in game what is the intended way of using lockouts? Or intended way of getting conquest points? I know BW approach to terms of use and such is a bit weird, but generally in most enviroments it is assumed that what isn't explicitly forbidden is allowed. Kudos to those who can organise enough and have ALTs to optimise the conquest process. Even if I am bound to loose with some of them I can respect to organisation needed to do it as efficiently as possible.

i would like to know abouty the non- repeatable missions and alts. It does not seem right that someone puts the effort into leveling a toon and not be able to reap the full benefits of that alternate character. I have 8 toons that i have painstakenly leveled to be able to run operations and other things more often considering the lockout system. What i do not get is that if my main character does a non repeatable conquest mission why that a completely different character can not do that as well, forcing them to only be able to rely on the small crafting and pvp bonuses that are reapeatable. Either the points should go to all characters after the completion of a non reapatable or each and every toon is able to do the non-reapatables one time that would be fair. As it stands bioware is punishing people that have worked to be more active in the game. I mean hell with the way conquest is atm a few of the weeks are not even worth trying to participate in with any more then one of your characters. again this is punishing those that have multiiple toons and i would like to see some changes about this. Anyone with me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

I'm actually confused as to how this would be cheating. Progression guilds with a lot of alts tend to take advantage of this feature of lockouts (the feature being that the leader sets the instance) basically forever. Heck, even Zorz swapped alts between bosses in their world first kills.

The fact that only the last boss counts for conquest points is definitely a dubious feature. Honestly, the points should have been amortized over the constituent bosses, with higher weighting given to the last boss. They didn't do that though. I don't really see a problem with taking a group of (or sixteen) to clear out the first four bosses of an instance, and then splitting up into sixteen separate groups each with 7 fresh alts to maximize the point gain from clearing that one last boss. The organizational acumen required to pull this off is certainly non-trivial, but even above and beyond that, it's not really any more exploity than skipping trash in a flashpoint.

A slightly more dubious trick (though not one that I'm willing to take a moral stand on) is having one person set the instance for seven fresh lockouts, engage the boss and then /stuck and release before the end to avoid "consuming" the lockout. As far as I know, there's nothing particularly illicit about this quirk of the lockout system, but it certainly allowed for a much more streamlined conquest point gain for guilds with a truly staggering number of alts.

In any case… are we really discussing exploiting in the context of conquests?! I mean, my guild is super-competitive about conquests every week, but even our most "hard core" conquesters (i.e. players getting upwards of 3 million points solo) come straight out and say that it's a super-casual activity and should be treated as fun extra stuff to do and nothing more.