Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why do good Reps jump to Imps when the prefer Reps

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Why do good Reps jump to Imps when the prefer Reps

Dayshadow
11.15.2017 , 05:13 AM | #31
I'm not seeing this imp domination.

I've been playing matches as consular recently and we dominated the imps. I only lost one match in the proving ground 595 to 600.
SWTOR gameplay edited like a television series

Lundorff
11.15.2017 , 06:36 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Dayshadow View Post
I'm not seeing this imp domination.

I've been playing matches as consular recently and we dominated the imps. I only lost one match in the proving ground 595 to 600.
Premade or solo queue?

AndriusAjax
11.15.2017 , 09:19 AM | #33
I think I lost one out of 10 yesterday on my pub on SF. Me and 1 group mate. I'm not seeing imp dominance either. Seems fairly balanced to me, in terms of skill. Population wise, imps have more on fleet regularly. But inside a wz, pubs are just as capable - at least the ones I've played with.

Tbh, I think all this talk the last few years about imps being better has pulled a lot of noobs to the dark side. I'm seeing a LOT of derps out there lately.
| O N D R | scoundrel | O F F D R | operative

RafaelPeretz
11.15.2017 , 10:16 AM | #34
At least in solo ranked, pubside sucks for real.
They only start to win when they q sync 3 or 4 guys. Needless to say that only *******s do that, to exploit the system and earn free elo from unaware imp randoms.
7 Days for FREE to returning players: http://www.swtor.com/r/gTWgcW
Giving a break from the game...

AndriusAjax
11.15.2017 , 10:20 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by RafaelPeretz View Post
At least in solo ranked, pubside sucks for real.
They only start to win when they q sync 3 or 4 guys. Needless to say that only *******s do that, to exploit the system and earn free elo from unaware imp randoms.
Solo ranked is a joke anyway, and this is part of the reason why. Group ranked, or regs for me
| O N D R | scoundrel | O F F D R | operative

cool-dude
11.15.2017 , 07:32 PM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Yezzan View Post
Cause people want to finish their daily/weekly without having to play all 20 matches. The trick is to just ask anyone you see playing fairly decent, if he/she wants to group up to finish the daily; that way, you will have two decent player on your team ( off the bat) and you have a slight chance of having another 2. So 4 out of 8 ain't bad cause the imp side bound to have at least 3 bads (unless its a pre-made).

Plus you gotta give people a chance to get used to the controls again after rage quitting

I don't even remember how to open Galaxy map. So definitely not winning that civil war.

** when you realize its a loss, go for medals or top DPS
I did that once. I played all twenty matches on the pub side. It was enough to kill my interest in ever making a pub toon again...i rage deleted my character. Only time pubs seem to actually win is when the imps are playing their pub toons, or they have a premade. Imp players are just generally better at pvp.
"Sarcasm is strong in this one"

Dayshadow
11.15.2017 , 08:53 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Lundorff View Post
Premade or solo queue?
Solo queue.
SWTOR gameplay edited like a television series

Stellarcrusade
11.16.2017 , 08:12 AM | #38
The reason for the imbalance is 5.x. The terrible ONE CHAR ONLY gear grind eliminated any chance of true faction versus faction PvP. But even if they removed all the dumb restrictions with CXP/RNG that require use of only 1 character, it is too late to fix the issue that way. There are really only 2 ways to fix it, pick one:

1.) 6.0 comes out with NO CXP GEAR GRIND.
or
2.) Mixed/Cross faction for all warzones.

Keep in mind that the warzones are already sort of cross faction, because all pub PvPers are already playing Imp characters, but this would allow people to actually play on the pub side. The same people, but essentially adding a faction, what could be better?

Icykill_
11.18.2017 , 09:10 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Floplag View Post
I've actually observed the opposite in that many good Imps have gone Pubs to try to better control the groups they get. Whether its queue syncing or super queues or whatever, the lesser population PvP wise pub side made many good players jump to pub for that reason.
Hey Flop... I think I played a few matches against you today.... thatís assuming you also have a toon by the same name
RIP APAC Players 😢😢😢😢💦
Please click this Refer a Friend link for free stuff