Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Guide] Companion Crew Skill Bonuses -- Picking the Best Crew Skills for your Class

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
[Guide] Companion Crew Skill Bonuses -- Picking the Best Crew Skills for your Class

Necodreus
02.14.2012 , 01:39 PM | #151
Quote: Originally Posted by TheRealBowser View Post
I really appreciate it. My account hasn't cancelled yet and I'm toying with the idea of sticking around. But don't get your hopes up. My problem wasn't that I was moving on to greener pastures so much as I'm losing interest in the MMO genre altogether, and my schedule had been a lot busier. But now I'm back to having a lot of free time, and I'm already starting to miss this game, so I may or may not quit. I originally planned on it but ... now I'm not so sure. This game was and still is extremely promising.

Either way, I genuinely, deeply appreciate this. And it was my pleasure to help you guys with this guide.
Aye, great job on all your replys in the different threads you have contributed to. I know what you mean on the mmo genre front. Nothing has kept my interest since i finally quit eq in 2002. This is the first game to keep me involved since with all its aspects and posibilties this game holds. May your path run true to yourself on what ever you do, and know youll be most heartly welcomed back if you do take a break!
Primary Edict: Cut from the void, not from bewilderment. Cut the enemy as quickly as possible. Cut with certainty. Cut decisively, resolutely. Cut into his strength. Flow through the gaps in his guard. Cut him. Cut him down utterly. Don't allow him a breath. Cut him without mercy to the depths of his spirit. It is the balance to life: death. Squadron 238B

TheRealBowser
02.14.2012 , 07:08 PM | #152
Edit: Decided to remove this negative comment. I try not to have a bad attitude if I can help it.

TheRealBowser
02.15.2012 , 01:46 PM | #153
To those of you whom have kept track of this thread lately, I've made up mind to quit this game for now. Again, I wish you all the best of luck in your Star Wars adventures. This will be my last update, my account runs out in 2 days.

If anyone wants to contact me, you can try my Bioware account here:

http://social.bioware.com/43363/

Thank you again for your interest, and I hope that this guide remains useful.

Zooball
02.15.2012 , 10:40 PM | #154
Wow, I thought I had totally messed up giving my Consular Artifice, but after reading this I feel much better about it.

Gestra
02.18.2012 , 11:45 AM | #155
Great guide, it is really kind of dumb that your companions get these really useful crafting bonuses that your first character most likely won't even really be aware of until it's too late to take them into account. I went with Cybertech on my consular and that has worked out very nicely with all the +crit and some some +efficiency, but only by dumb luck.

Thanks to this guide I can make an informed choice on my next character.

Rattius
02.20.2012 , 08:59 AM | #156
"Cybertech and artifice however do not currently have any critical bonuses available, so keep that in mind."

I didn't read through all 16 pages, so someone may have already mentioned it, but Cybertechs crit an aug slot in earpieces, and Artificers crit an aug slot in weildables.

Corran
02.22.2012 , 11:49 AM | #157
the op may want to be redone. when 1.2 hits, having a higher crit chance on crafted armor is going to be more important than any amount of efficiency. efficiency only matters when levelling and even then not by much.
"No one makes a victim of folks I'm sworn to protect." - Corran Horn
http://www.twitch.tv/dixa1

Dragoon-
02.23.2012 , 05:19 PM | #158
Quote: Originally Posted by Rattius View Post
"Cybertech and artifice however do not currently have any critical bonuses available, so keep that in mind."

I didn't read through all 16 pages, so someone may have already mentioned it, but Cybertechs crit an aug slot in earpieces, and Artificers crit an aug slot in weildables.
Obviously you didn't read the first page, first post either.
This guide is about a companion's Crew skill bonuses and not about crafting items.
Currently non of the available companion have a +critical bonus for cybertech or artifice.
Elara Dorne: I'll be ready with any number of regulation-approved punishments when the opportunity arises.
"Everyone fights, Private Ganbar. Either you go in shooting or we freeze you in carbonite and use you as a shield.."

DarthJeroen
03.01.2012 , 06:31 AM | #159
Awesome crew skill guide

VonAlex
03.02.2012 , 01:13 PM | #160
Awesome guide!

My Bounty hunter and companions got:
Armstech - for the reason I thought I could craft cool looking and good armor.. meh
Scavaging - yup works fine when busting droids and stuff hehe - good thing
Underworld trading... I have no really idea about what this is for..

I think after reading this guide and see if I cant respec my crew skills so they are more like:

Cybertech - I can buy my shiny armor and is tired of crafting for grinding
Scavaing - making good materials
Slicing - underworld trading aint fun and I can buy my gifts elsewhere
Please stop closing my posts everytime I mention spaceflight....

There is a bounty on your head and I claim it