I'm So Tired...

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I figuired there would be bugs, this is why I rushed one character to 50 and am now enjoying the story on another.

That being said some of the bugs are a bit ridiculous but i'm not going to get all butthurt over it, they will be fixed eventually and if not well then BioWare has no one but themselves to blame for the death of their game.

Yet, here you all are replying in the thread, desperately trying to downplay the problems and make the poster feel silly for posting a valid complaint....

I can't wait till this community is nothing but ashes. Shouldn't be long.. No sense in denying it.

Can't... f#*king... wait...

Edited by OldBenSmokin

Yet, here you all are replying in the thread, desperately trying to downplay the problems and make the poster feel silly for posting a valid complaint....

I can't wait till this community is nothing but ashes. Shouldn't be long.. No sense in denying it.

somebody that wishes death on a community has some serious issues.

just saying brah.

go wish death on others please kthnx. oh and if you're waiting for this game to die.

you'll be waiting for a very long time.

Edited by chrisftw

somebody that wishes death on a community has some serious issues.

just saying brah.

go wish death on others please kthnx.

Don't delude yourself. The world will be better for it.

This whole thing is a mess, from the top exec all the way down to the fanbois.

Edit: Waiting a very long time? LUL. This game is already on life support from a gameplay perspective.

Edited by OldBenSmokin

What do you mean by the community in ashes? I don't get it, do you mean the game will fail or the people will die or something?

Similar complaints with our guild as well. Why there's no simple /roll command I have no idea. Though Ops have been less buggy lately, we've still had our share of issues over the last couple months. And BW stands there and fiddles while Rome burns. Oh look we fixed the cooldown effects which were never a real problem in the first place.

Now we don't even do Ops anymore. Small guild of rl friends and a few dropped out a week ago so now we're scrounging for people to pug. Another guy who we picked up is now looking for another guild because there's just no one on anymore and he still enjoys the game. I'll be sorry to see him go because he's a nice and good player.

My sub is up 3/19 and I won't look back. Maybe like that Indian in the old 70s commercial about pollution. I'll gaze upon the trash scattered ditch that is TOR, and weep when I think about what should have been.

What do you mean by the community in ashes? I don't get it, do you mean the game will fail or the people will die or something?

I mean it's a freaking case study in shoddy development and the people who in denial about it, and attempt to downplay/badmouth those who are calling a spade a spade.

Don't delude yourself. The world will be better for it.

This whole thing is a mess, from the top exec all the way down to the fanbois.

Edit: Waiting a very long time? LUL. This game is already on life support from a gameplay perspective.

what's your favorite console

PC

Xbox 360

PS3

whatever you choose i'll pick the opposite and say your console generation is fading. and we can do this whole back and forward thing and just make stuff up to validate everything we say to each other. it'll be fun.

i'll go first

Microsoft is a terribad company. hell personally i think the xbox 360 is one of the worst systems around it takes like 15 disc for any graphically intense game for it to run. even battlefield. Not sure how much longer Xbox 360 is going to last.

OK now you.

what's your favorite console

PC

Xbox 360

PS3

whatever you choose i'll pick the opposite and say your console generation is fading. and we can do this whole back and forward thing and just make stuff up to validate everything we say to each other. it'll be fun.

i'll go first

Microsoft is a terribad company. hell personally i think the xbox 360 is one of the worst systems around it takes like 15 disc for any graphically intense game for it to run. even battlefield. Not sure how much longer Xbox 360 is going to last.

OK now you.

The Xbox 360 has been going strong for what...6 years? Not sure what you're getting at especially since a new system is coming out late this year or in 2013...

He was poorly attempting to downplay my point with some kind of non-sequitur metaphor...

But the 360 is the best console... not hardware, but quality games to choose from.

my retort is.

You're wrong.

Edited by chrisftw

I mean it's a freaking case study in shoddy development and the people who in denial about it, and attempt to downplay/badmouth those who are calling a spade a spade.

Agree the programming team has some weak links that BW should probably reassigned to a different title. This title is not a good one for programmers that are not familiar with MMO coding to learn.

...of all the bugs in end-game operations. Yes yes I know I'm going to get blasted by all the people who don't do end-game operations, and there are many many bugs in this game and only a small fraction of them in end-game. But Ops are what I know, since I don't PvP and I don't alt.

Last night we spent an hour and a half on the stupid Pylons bug. Halfway through they either become unclickable or you can click them but they don't rotate. I've heard rumours that BW say this is working as intended, but I think thats utter rubbish. An hour and a half! That was about 12 pulls, because every time it bugged we had to reset the instance due to not being able to enter afterwards, and that meant clearing the trash again. I'll admit I think we are total pros at doing that now.

Lets talk about Soa. I havent killed him on nm this week yet because of the above Pylons incident, but seriously....he is (or was before patch) completely bugged. I'm not just talking about the one bug they fixed (tank losing threat), but what about the platforms not respawning? Or more annoyingly the fact that when he spawns his balls he sometimes spawns 4 but only announces 3? Or that they lose their nameplate if their owner gets mindtrapped/whirled? Or sometimes he doesn't announce at all!

Droid...some people randomly don't get his announcement for "I have 24 distinct weapons technologies", although this doesn't really matter since the boss is cake anyway.

Then of course there's the fact that we have to use group loot because Master Loot is bugged. Why oh why Bioware won't just come out and say it I don't know, we certainly all know it is. Again I've heard rumours that it is fixed, but am I really going to risk losing the loot in nightmare to test it? If BW admitted it was a bug then they could also tell us when it is fixed!

Group loot is working fine for us, we use a Karma system and the RL just does the rolls on his dice at home and then loots one at a time which we all pass except the person who won. But it would be easier with Master Loot.

I won't go on about /roll because apparently it is coming soon.

OK, now....I can take bugs. What is really worrying me is that the game has been out for two months. Please save your "Yeah, only TWO months", I don't remember MC EVER being this buggy for this long. At least the basic mechanics worked properly. Are BW waiting for the whole population to get to 50 before they start fixing end-game? I'm not just talking about operations now, I'm aware that there are just as many bugs in PvP.

What do you do once you hit 50? Well unless you just turn around and start an alt from level 1 you really either do endgame Ops or endgame PvP, or both right? And both have crippling bugs!

Back to Ops for a sec, 1.2 is around the corner (March they said), and with it comes a new tier of raids. It can only be a few weeks away, yet there are still so many bugs with the first tier. Will there be similar ridiculous bugs in Tier 2 that go on for months and months without even being acknowledged?

I for one will give it until 1.2 to see what happens. I've paid for a 6 month sub so I haven't really got a choice. And ye I know its almost another "I'm quitting!" post, but I want this game to work and it seems the only obstacle is BW. I'm not entirely sure about their plan, why they don't fix bugs in a timely manner, why they don't offer PTS transfers (or pre-made 50s) to test their content (I mean seriously? How stupid do you have to be to think a decent amount of people are going to level to 50 on the PTS?).

All I can see is people unsubbing around me left and right, simply because of the amount of bugs and the state of the engine. Playing at 10 fps in combat isn't fun. Many people have left before me and many will leave after me, and many won't care.

But sooner or later everyone gets there.

I don't see how anyone could argue against this, SWTOR has to be the buggiest MMO ever released, it's a shame, it has so much potential.

He was poorly attempting to downplay my point with some kind of non-sequitur metaphor...

But the 360 is the best console... not hardware, but the most quality games to choose from.

Even if you were joking about it, this isn't funny, in fact, this is the stupidest thing i have ever heard anyone say, i own both 360 and PS3 and the 360 is utter garbage compared to both PC and PS3, the biggest issue the system has is that it has NO exclusives, it has like two exclusive games while the PS3 has like over 20, Gears of War 2 and 3, and that's it, just recently it lost another exclusive, Alan Wake which is now on PC..

What are these quality games you speak of? I'm certain i can play them on the PC or PS3. And i don't care for ****** sci fi games that are designed for kids like Halo.

Edited by PeacefulViolence

There actualy is a work around that works in HM, Havent tested in NM yet (will tonight).

ALWAYS solve the SOUTH puzzle 1st. one every part of the puzzle have them solve it 1st. It has never bugged for us when we did this.

Solving South first bugged on us twice last night. Solving NSSN and SNNS and SNSN and NSNS all bugged on us at least once last night.

Placebos save lives!

...of all the bugs in end-game operations. Yes yes I know I'm going to get blasted by all the people who don't do end-game operations.

I'm one of those people because i'm not in a position to adhere to a rading guilds raid schedule. To be honest I dont blame you for being tired and I fully understand why you feel drained after 2 months of constant bugs.

Truth be known i'm tired to, rolling and playing alt after alt with no character progression for me beyond 50 has drained alot of the fun out of the game for me as well.

Greetings everyone,

We know it can be very frustrating when bugs interfere with gameplay. We want to assure you that we are working toward making the highest quality experience possible for all our players.

You may be interested in hearing what Daniel Erickson had to say about how we prioritize bug fixes in a recent Weekly Q&A:

Daniel Erickson: How we prioritize bugs is a complicated question and one that can be maddening from a player point of view. The answer is as complicated as the question but I can give a high level view. First comes anything that blocks the critical path of a class story for any reason. If you can’t progress, your game comes to a screeching halt so that always takes precedence. Next is the question: how many people are being affected and what is the damage being done? Half the population being slightly irritated loses in priority to ten percent of the population having their game crippled, for example. The last consideration, and the most opaque to players, is how hard the bug is to fix. There are fixes that look complicated and are nothing more than a database entry that went rogue. There are fixes that look easy and take months of untangling code. What we can promise is that we never ignore bugs or decide something is good enough as-is.

We hope this helps shed a little light on the bug fixing process. Thank you for your patience as we make improvements on the game.

Daniel Erickson: How we prioritize bugs is a complicated question and one that can be maddening from a player point of view. The answer is as complicated as the question but I can give a high level view. First comes anything that blocks the critical path of a class story for any reason. If you can’t progress, your game comes to a screeching halt so that always takes precedence. Next is the question: how many people are being affected and what is the damage being done? Half the population being slightly irritated loses in priority to ten percent of the population having their game crippled, for example. The last consideration, and the most opaque to players, is how hard the bug is to fix. There are fixes that look complicated and are nothing more than a database entry that went rogue. There are fixes that look easy and take months of untangling code. What we can promise is that we never ignore bugs or decide something is good enough as-is.

^ Taken from the link from preceding yellow post. There is either too little people doing ops or not enough people qq-ing on forums about these bugs. Guess we have to suck it up. Oh wait, I can unsub. Thanks and bye.