Planetary Bonus Mission Conversion Feedback

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey all,

In Game Update 6.1.1 all Planetary Bonus Missions will now be converted into Daily and Weekly Missions! Hop on PTS, play through your favorites, and share your thoughts. As a reminder, your character must have completed the respective planets Class Mission in order to qualify.

Let us know your thoughts below.

-eric

Edited by EricMusco

Hey, I am not sure if you fixed it yet, but the last I remember is that in 4.1 planetary bonus missions requirement was change to you have to be level 60 character. I am not sure if you fixed/change it or not, but I hope you did. Edited by commanderwar

It might be too late, but please don't remove all the story/cutscene content in the bonus series missions. Some of them have ties to planetary story arcs. It would be a shame to lose them like we lost many heroic missions in terms of story back in 4.0 :(

Example off the top of my head: the main part of the pubside Taris bonus series has you talk to Mola Haxtor, some kind of researcher studying rakghouls. The bonus mission chain leads to the official discovery of nekghouls. This same NPC is later found on impside Taris during the main planetary quest line. She's in a cage and has a brief exchange or two with impside player characters.

Stuff like that is what makes the story content in the game so unique and worthwhile. Other bonus series have similar ties.

Edited by TheXterminator

Really why must you do that to the bonus series I like doing the bonus series a along side class and plantery missions as part of my story and making them dailes that you'll most likey take the cutscenes away and the over arching bonus story that asks to do so will mess up me enjoying the story of the bonus series. first you take away the ability to turn in heroics to the quest giver and see the ending cutscenes for them now this so much for story in this game anymore Edited by GrievousReborn

It might be too late, but please don't remove all the story/cutscene content in the bonus series missions. Some of them have ties to planetary story arcs. It would be a shame to lose them like we lost many heroic missions in terms of story back in 4.0 :(

Example of the top of my head: the main part of the pubside Taris bonus series has you talk to Mola Haxtor, some kind of researcher studying rakghouls. The bonus mission chain leads to the official discovery of nekghouls. This same NPC is later found on impside Taris during the main planetary quest line. She's in a cage and has a brief exchange or two with impside player characters.

Stuff like that is what makes the story content in the game so unique and worthwhile. Other bonus series have similar ties.

Same here I love playing the content in this game in order of story still angry at them for doing that to the heroics so I don't get full story from them sometimes it feels people like us don't matter to the SWTOR team anymore only the people who care about the end game do

Edited by GrievousReborn

Currently downloading PTS updates to check them out for myself, but I echo the hope that story cutscenes will still be available for these missions if we want them.

Hope that all is going well in your life, Eric!

Edited by Estelindis

Hey, I am not sure if you fixed it yet, but the last I remember is that in 4.1 planetary bonus missions requirement was change to you have to be level 60 character. I am not sure if you fixed/change it or not, but I hope you did.

Agreed! I am so down for that. I will be on PTS and check this out. I will be so glad to finally be able to do the bonus series as I go, rather than later on.

I think it would be neat to have them work similar to how the new daily areas do. They start out as a primary run (with purple indicators) then become they become daily (have the yellow "recycle" indicator). This is based on not being in yet.

Agreed! I am so down for that. I will be on PTS and check this out. I will be so glad to finally be able to do the bonus series as I go, rather than later on.

I think it would be neat to have them work similar to how the new daily areas do. They start out as a primary run (with purple indicators) then become they become daily (have the yellow "recycle" indicator). This is based on not being in yet.

That sounds like a solution to make both the people that enjoy story and the people that enjoy grinding out the end game happy

Edited by GrievousReborn

On the PTS now, cutscenes are still present for Republic Hoth missions. This is looking good. :)

Is the cutscenes from the mission called hoth bonus series where you talk to the mirialan general still there? Cause that is my biggest fear that those missions and the cutscenes are gone cause they give context to the missions in the bonus series id play on the pts to see but it takes forever to download for me

Edited by GrievousReborn

Is the cutscenes from the mission called hoth bonus series where you talk to the mirialan general still there? Cause that is my biggest fear that those missions and the cutscenes are gone cause they give context to the missions in the bonus series id play on the pts to see but it takes forever to download for me

Yes, those are still there! :)

Hey, I am not sure if you fixed it yet, but the last I remember is that in 4.1 planetary bonus missions requirement was change to you have to be level 60 character. I am not sure if you fixed/change it or not, but I hope you did.

They can't *fix* it because they changed it specifically to be that way. It isn't broken. They might *unchange* it, but that's not *fixing*. (I'd guess that their reasons for the change haven't changed either, so unchanging it is unlikely.)

I like the concept, but the question for me is: why?

The rewards are extremely lackluster and other than just having something to do, they don't seem to be worthwhile doing more than once.

I'd recommend giving the Weekly at LEAST a Daily Crate (the ones you get from Mek-Sha heroics) to make it somewhat worth the time. Same goes for all daily area weeklies, frankly.

I like the concept, but the question for me is: why?

The rewards are extremely lackluster and other than just having something to do, they don't seem to be worthwhile doing more than once.

I'd recommend giving the Weekly at LEAST a Daily Crate (the ones you get from Mek-Sha heroics) to make it somewhat worth the time. Same goes for all daily area weeklies, frankly.

Well I can't comment on why it was decided, and having not completed them all yet I'm not sure what reward would be appropriate, but I think it's nice to have some extra options in terms of things to do, and I like the idea of "rescuing" content that might be obscure to many players and making it repeatable. Particularly content where the dialogue makes some references to players' unique class experiences.

Edited by Estelindis

So.... Planetary Bonus Series are daily repeatable. There is no Weekly Mission. They are still flagged as exploration missions, so they are still semi-hidden. Everything is literally the same, including rewards, dialogue, quest givers.

I do not see any reason for this change, not that I see any harm in it. It is just an exercise in futility imao. They had become, for quite a while now, a bunch of quests that very few people know they existed, and fewer still actually bothered to do more than once.So now they are repeatable.... Errr.... Okay....

Edit: Went and double checked my impressions, since I went to tatooine bonus yesterday, I did not see only a few of has been released, although the tatooine quest is shown to be repeatable in its description. It actually is marked as repeatable not exploration for hoth and the others. No other change whatsoever.

Edited by ZolanSilverspear

So.... Planetary Bonus Series are daily repeatable. There is no Weekly Mission. They are still flagged as exploration missions, so they are still semi-hidden. Everything is literally the same, including rewards, dialogue, quest givers.

I do not see any reason for this change, not that I see any harm in it. It is just an exercise in futility imao. They had become, for quite a while now, a bunch of quests that very few people know they existed, and fewer still actually bothered to do more than once.So now they are repeatable.... Errr.... Okay....

I would guess that this was added for two reasons:

1) to facilitate more objectives with the upcoming Conquest changes

2) to fix the recurrent issue/bug with players getting locked out of the bonus series by accidentally doing one of the nested missions before actually starting the breadcrumb bonus series

Speaking of planetary missions, will certain NPCs that grant missions (Heroic or otherwise) be restored. Quite a few have been missing for a while. Travi Pott on Ord Mantell, Geric on Hutta, Agent Essor on Alderaan (and Surik Varr), just to name a few.

Well I want them to keep the Mission called bonus series, quest givers and dialogue the same and keep the story of it intact my biggest fear is they'd get rid of thst but I agree that they should change the quest rewards

Will players who auto-complete their story (i.e. for KOTFE, Ossus, Onslaught, etc.) be able to access these?

That wasn't a variable before, they have no relation to "class stories" they are the continuation of planetary stories. That said, beyond the current level cap(requirement? min level... etc. etc.), they are currently (in live, not pts) available as soon as you set foot on the planets.

Time consuming to double check in pts, I highly doubt they would have added "finish class story first" requirement out of the blue though.

Edited by ZolanSilverspear

Well I can't comment on why it was decided, and having not completed them all yet I'm not sure what reward would be appropriate, but I think it's nice to have some extra options in terms of things to do, and I like the idea of "rescuing" content that might be obscure to many players and making it repeatable. Particularly content where the dialogue makes some references to players' unique class experiences.

Oh completely agree. The more variety the better!

I'm just hoping they make them worthwhile pursuing too. For instance, it'd be great if they tag the missions as [DAILY] and put the [WEEKLY] in the Activity Finder where the Heroic missions are too.