Ranked Warzones Community Ideas

Dhrasur

Hello everyone! The purpose of this thread is to make suggestions as to how to improve the PvP community as a whole with an emphasis on organized ranked warzones. Regular Warzones simply have a too big population to account for. So organizing something in regular warzones isn't really an option. I can only encourage good pubs to roll imp alts or new mains, but I'd rather focus on organizing ranked warzones where we can control what is going on! Keep in mind I'm making this because of what Devildog posted in the ranked warzones clarification thread, this is not to make competition to his idea but to help it. Lastly french is my main language so sorry if something is misunderstood.

First, what I mean by organized ranked warzones is that we should make a thread that plan when some players will be queuing. This thread is basically only there to help us figured out how that organized ranked wz thread will work. Organized ranked wz could include full guild premade like LD50 or Uncensored, but I'd prefer if the focus was on making BALANCED teams that would help players learn, get EWH(for what it's worth lol) and HAVE FUN so they get interested in playing more ranked wz and getting better. In a perfect world, the night were that stuff would be scheduled, everyone willing to play ranked warzones would join a balanced team and not queue with their full guild. But it's not the end of the world if some people queue with full guild anyway I guess. Also, if it's a guild that isn't already established as a PvP powerhouse, letting them queue in full guild wouldn't be a bad thing as it would let them work on their teamwork. An example of this would be teamluckyseven.

Now I'm going to list the ideas I had while thinking about how to make organized ranked warzones happen. This is a bit like a brainstorm. Please comment about the ideas or post your own. Criticism is good as long as it is constructive.

- Give the teams a list of things to say in vent for teamwork. It may seem basic, but when I queued with pug groups or other guilds than Uncensored, I've often been surprised by the SILENCE in vent. I do not know if it's because people are shy or too focused on trying to play well, but teamwork is the foundation of ranked warzones. People need to call focus target for the DPS, healers need to call who need heal because he's getting focused and you can call your CC so they don't get broken. Then there is the whole leading the team for objective play, like who go help the off node when it's getting attacked.

- It's crucial that people TALK. I do not know how to solve that problem, and sometimes the team play well even without good communication, but talking will make the whole thing funnier and the team better. So please, even if you are unexperienced or shy, make an effort!

- If you want to participate in this, you should leave your ego at the door. The purpose of organized ranked warzones would be to improve the community before all. I know a lot of players of Uncensored have a very good rating, but they also have alts so most of them should be able to play anyway.

- Don't rage. Imo that's extremely important. Maybe we should even make a rule about booting someone that rage so he doesn't mess up everything. But that's more personnal of me, so I'll be looking for you comments as to what is reasonable for "raging". I think that when one player is blaming others or being really negative, it makes everything feel *******r.

- Let's promote it in the PvP channel! I'll try to spam a message telling people to go register in the organized ranked warzones thread when I make it.

- Gear requirements. I'm unsure of what is the correct decision. I guess it depend on how easy it is to balance the team. But honestly, with the current state of the game, getting full WH augmented is EASY so if you're interested in ranked PvP, the least you can do is spend one week farming your WH on one character.

- Spec requirements. I don't want any BUT I think people should be reasonable in their spec choice. When I tried to help TL7, one of their sorcerer was hybrid healing-madness or something weird like that. I tried to convince him that his spec was simply not bringing anything significant to the table, as in there was no real reason to use that instead of full heal or full DPS or what Surrena does. I think that people should be open to suggestion and try to improve. But at the same time, I personally had an argument with my guild over the potency of the marksman spec for sniper so I know how it feels to be forced to not play what you want and that's why I want everyone to play what they like. Still, if you're an assassin deception, buy field respec and respec to tank when it's huttball. This is just common sense.

- If possible, try to use warzone medpacs and adrenals. The best would be to also bring grenades, but I don't even have them when I run seriously with Uncensored so I can't really push people to do that without being an hypocrite lol.

- We could use a custom channel to help with the organization in game.

- The way I see the Organized Ranked Warzones thread working is people only post about the time and organization of the upcoming event OR post their "profile" like their name and specs etc. The OP would be updated with the current information of the next upcoming event.

Alright I'm done, sorry for the wall of text, but I felt like trying to do my part to make things funnier for everyone. This thread purpose is to get feedback on the ideas displayed above and to discuss them and other suggestions.

One last thing... I'd rather not be the one being a team captain or organizing the event. If you feel up to the task, please step up. I'll be there to support as best as I can, but from my experience I'm a terrible leader.

I really appreciate this post, and agree completely. Having a more friendly Ranked environment would benefit everyone in the long run. If we could put together a roster of people who want to participate we could possibly build teams from that list in effort to create even teams, I think that might work well.

Jakofett- 50 vanguard tank

Alright, before I make the real thread, should we set up a date and ask people to register for it? How much pre-planning should we be going for?

Doesn't anyone else think it's kind of sad you need to PLAN ranked warzones in an MMO? This community sure is 'thriving'.

Doesn't anyone else think it's kind of sad you need to PLAN ranked warzones in an MMO? This community sure is 'thriving'.

It is, but it's also not entirely the dev's fault. The game is what the players make it and as it stands, the majority prefer to play unranked and/or twink in lowbies. It remains to be seen in cross-serve queues will be added, I really hope it saves this game's competitive PvP.

ON TOPIC: I know it might not be the greatest idea and it may be tricky to set up, but we could do something of a "kickball" night. In other words we'll have a few captains that choose their teams. You can only have 3 players per guild at a maximum (and no, all of your alternate guilds count as one LD50, :p). I agree that teams that are trying to get better organized should be allowed to queue with their full team or close to it.

Way to change the topic of this thread... This thread is attemptiong to stitch together our server. Help New PvPers out, Make Rated Warzones a fun thing instead of a stressful thing, etc. At the moment Ranked matches are so few and far between because of this mentality that it brings along. I think A positive outcome for this thread will change that.

ON TOPIC: I know it might not be the greatest idea and it may be tricky to set up, but we could do something of a "kickball" night. In other words we'll have a few captains that choose their teams. You can only have 3 players per guild at a maximum (and no, all of your alternate guilds count as one LD50, :p). I agree that teams that are trying to get better organized should be allowed to queue with their full team or close to it.

I think this is a good suggestion, nights like this, if we had a custum channel that pvpers are talking in, would making planning go much faster.

Way to change the topic of this thread... This thread is attemptiong to stitch together our server. Help New PvPers out, Make Rated Warzones a fun thing instead of a stressful thing, etc. At the moment Ranked matches are so few and far between because of this mentality that it brings along. I think A positive outcome for this thread will change that.

Not to rain on your parade, or what not - but these threads and ideas have been around since the launch of ranked warzones. There's a reason why they seemingly never succeed in the longrun. The very working of ranked is unpolished and flawed.

It is, but it's also not entirely the dev's fault. The game is what the players make it and as it stands, the majority prefer to play unranked and/or twink in lowbies. It remains to be seen in cross-serve queues will be added, I really hope it saves this game's competitive PvP.

Honestly it's a 'fool's hope' if you think X-Server will save ranked. It's comparable to server merges. It will only be a temporal effect that sweeps the bigger problem under the carpet. You cannot blame the players if the interest is not there, then try to generate interest. You're basically trying to do the work of the makers. Do you see people setting up arena q's on WoW?

Not to derail the topic, but be realistic about the situation.

This is the last thing i say about it, will not coment further after this post: Player are what causes the Ranked Community to thrive. Your negative outlook on the situation promotes this failure.

On TOPIC: I really do think that have Custum Channels specificly geared towards bringing new player along for the ride, and communication about rosters and teams could help out the situation. I know my friends are down to help in this and are willing to bring people on to their mumble.

Honestly it's a 'fool's hope' if you think X-Server will save ranked. It's comparable to server merges. It will only be a temporal effect that sweeps the bigger problem under the carpet. You cannot blame the players if the interest is not there, then try to generate interest. You're basically trying to do the work of the makers. Do you see people setting up arena q's on WoW?

I guess I'm a bit of a hopeless romantic; I think it comes with the territory, I am a Mets fan after all.

But what's the harm in getting some more people interested in ranked? It's a band-aid to a problem Bioware shouldn't have created in the first place and needs to fix, but I hardly see why making a community in an MMO is a bad thing.

Edited by SpaniardInfinity

I guess I'm a bit of a hopeless romantic; I think it comes with the territory, I am a Mets fan after all.

Fair enough!

But what's the harm in getting some more people interested in ranked? It's a band-aid to a problem Bioware shouldn't have created in the first place and needs to fix, but I hardly see why making a community in an MMO is a bad thing.

Oh, don't get me wrong. I don't think what you all are doing is a bad thing, perse. By all means, if you can assemble the community and actually get something going - go for it. All I was stating, was (I guess) the obvious.:(

Me and nebu'kanezar set up a channel on pubside similar to the one on imp side called pubpvp , whisper me or neb for an invite , we're gonna give one player from all the major guilds power to invite minus watchmen because they're professional trolls as you've seen shin'arika put on display in this thread but they are more then welcome to join if they can keep the troll'ing to a minimum. The point of this channel is to hopefully get this kickball ranked scene going , i have a mumble available as well. I agree it sucks to have to do this to get some ranked games going but a lot of players are feeling discouraged in pvp and this will hopefully make the pvp community stronger on this server.

we're gonna give one player from all the major guilds power to invite minus watchmen because they're professional trolls as you've seen shin'arika put on display in this thread...

Where am I trolling? Please, show me. I'm waiting.

Edited by Xinika

Where am I trolling? Please, show me. I'm waiting.

your posts in this thread , enough said . we're trying to do something positive and you're already making it negative. otherwise refer to your attention seeking troll in general chat everyday on fleet. The end move on if you don't want to contribute in a positive way to our ideas here.

your posts in this thread , enough said .

Still waiting to see how any of my posts are 'trolling'.

Question: What Is 'Trolling'?

Answer: Internet 'trolling' is the anti-social act of causing of interpersonal conflict and shock-value controversy online.

we're trying to do something positive and you're already making it negative.

I'm not making it negative, I'm stating the truth. If you take it negative, then that's your problem - not mine.

otherwise refer to your attention seeking troll in general chat everyday on fleet.

An emotional response. Seems more of a personal, unrelated issue to this thread. Perhaps you've finally found a place to vent?

The end move on if you don't want to contribute in a positive way to our ideas here.

Don't mind if this turns out to be a positive outcome. All I stated was the truth. I suppose the truth is 'negative'?

If you really want to help and actually make ranked a thriving environment, then give feedback. Post in the suggestion box, get in contact with devs etc. Do something that would actually make the game grow, universally.

Edited by Xinika

I personally think it's a good idea the whole concept behind this thread. Yes, I also think it may fail. It may not. It all comes down to the players and how they respond.

Although throwing negative into the situation is not helping. Even you are stating the obvious. I'm pretty sure the majority of us are able to see what the hell is really going on.

Also imho if you don't have the balls to que up without your guild then you should have no say as to what this thread is all about. Why do you need your guilds to steam roll pugs? If you are as good as you think you are you should have no issue pugging.

Despite having my issues with combatmedicjr I think it's great he's standing behind this as much as he is. At least until it goes full force and he jumps back to full guild runs again :p

we're gonna give one player from all the major guilds power to invite minus watchmen because they're professional trolls as you've seen.

Oh... I just read this. I didn't realize I was a professional troll, guess I should try to go for my certification. Noone from your guild trolls ever amirite?