jug, mara,sorc, or assassin top dps and who to play

Lastsithecho

So sorc is best option for ranged and assassin is only good for solo ranked, do you think Mara a jug are on the same level or does one take the edge

Mara is a great class for everything.

Juggs are good tanks and dps for ops and warzones, very OP as skanks for solo ranked (make sure to have grit teeth tactitcal).

Deception assassins are middle-bottom for pretty much all content, but their playstyle of quick burst and their ability to stealth out twice works well with solo ranked play style specifically. Hatred is the worst spec in the game. Operatives are at least 3 times better as a dps than them, and based on history, that will not change. You can cheese some mechanics in raids as an assassin tank however, so there is always that. It is just not a class worth investing in, unless you really like it.

Edited by sithBracer

Deception assassins are middle-bottom for pretty much all content, but their playstyle of quick burst and their ability to stealth out twice works well with solo ranked play style specifically. Hatred is the worst spec in the game. Operatives are at least 3 times better as a dps than them, and based on history, that will not change. You can cheese some mechanics in raids as an assassin tank however, so there is always that. It is just not a class worth investing in, unless you really like it.

I think you're bit harsh on sins here. For PvE sin tanks are absolutely amazing, Force Shroud being hands down the most useful defensive ability in the game. Deception is a fine spec for PvE as well. Pulls good enough numbers, and pack strong burst. Hatred is meh, but I can think of worse specs in the game tbh. Works okay on fights were you want a lot of AoE damage, so in that sense is a nice spec to have next to Deception.

I think you're bit harsh on sins here. For PvE sin tanks are absolutely amazing, Force Shroud being hands down the most useful defensive ability in the game. Deception is a fine spec for PvE as well. Pulls good enough numbers, and pack strong burst. Hatred is meh, but I can think of worse specs in the game tbh. Works okay on fights were you want a lot of AoE damage, so in that sense is a nice spec to have next to Deception.

I wrote that you can cheese mechanics with sin tank, but when it comes to dtps it is the worst and when it comes to dealing damage it is also the worst. And I never said deception was garbage, I said it was middle bottom, which it is according to not only dummy parsing, but starparse as well.

If you could think of a spec worse than hatred, I would like to hear it. And there are no fights where you desperately want AoE damage that I can think of other than corruptor zero (which is not that hard a fight) and ... idk maybe dxun ... probably not. Hatred parses horribly, has the worst DCDs, worst default defenses, is melee, has only one DoT that is ranged, needs to spread DoTs with a melee attack and has no raid buff. What exactly is worse?

Out of the classes he mentioned, assassin is definitely the worst class there and is not a class you want to invest your time in.

Thanks everyone I think i'm going to main mara and also have sorc for ranged class, just want to play through the xpacks with a force user because that's just what makes sense to me.

Those are great choices.

Edited by sithBracer

Lightning sorc is very strong at the moment for both PvP and PvE dps. Great mobility, survivability, burst, and sustained damage. Not really many weaknesses.

Sage is the same thing and has a much less wait time for solo qued bc its a pub.

I wrote that you can cheese mechanics with sin tank, but when it comes to dtps it is the worst and when it comes to dealing damage it is also the worst. And I never said deception was garbage, I said it was middle bottom, which it is according to not only dummy parsing, but starparse as well.

DTPS is pretty much irrelevant, tanking in PvE is all about burst management, and Sins absolutely excel in that. Shroud does more than just cheese mechanics, it is a great defensive tool that has a strong use in many of the difficult fights in this game. And you can get a lot of use out of it due to its low cooldown (often close to 40 seconds due to a tank passive, theoretically as low as 30 in the best case scenario).

If you properly manage cooldowns, sins make a very strong case for being the best PvE tank. It requires more active management, since it's base DR is lower, but the results are great if you manage it well.

If you could think of a spec worse than hatred, I would like to hear it. And there are no fights where you desperately want AoE damage that I can think of other than corruptor zero (which is not that hard a fight) and ... idk maybe dxun ... probably not. Hatred parses horribly, has the worst DCDs, worst default defenses, is melee, has only one DoT that is ranged, needs to spread DoTs with a melee attack and has no raid buff. What exactly is worse?

Out of the classes he mentioned, assassin is definitely the worst class there and is not a class you want to invest your time in.

Engineering is definitely worse. Madness is much the same but ranged. Brings a raid buff (that's likely already brought by healers), but lacks stealth rez and Shroud cheesing.

DTPS is pretty much irrelevant, tanking in PvE is all about burst management, and Sins absolutely excel in that. Shroud does more than just cheese mechanics, it is a great defensive tool that has a strong use in many of the difficult fights in this game. And you can get a lot of use out of it due to its low cooldown (often close to 40 seconds due to a tank passive, theoretically as low as 30 in the best case scenario).

If you properly manage cooldowns, sins make a very strong case for being the best PvE tank. It requires more active management, since it's base DR is lower, but the results are great if you manage it well.

Ok, I was talking more overall, not just PvE, but sure for the sake of argument I'll give you this one. IMO, for raids all the tanks are so close to each other it doesn't really matter which is at the top and which is at the bottom; all content can be done with all of them. In PvP it isn't even close. Assassin tank is without a doubt the worst tank in the game, and it doesn't even come close to the other 2.

Engineering is definitely worse. Madness is much the same but ranged. Brings a raid buff (that's likely already brought by healers), but lacks stealth rez and Shroud cheesing.

Well once again, I meant overall. In PvP I love engineering. I think it is a great area denial/anti-LoS spec that is very useful in both arena's and wzs. It is one of the better specs out there imo. I personally love it. I never tried it in PvE, but I will take your word for it. Still overall, hatred still falls way below engineering.

As for madness, I disagree completely. Just the fact that it is ranged already makes it better than hatred. Add in the god bubble, phase walk, [self] cleanse, exfiltrate, a DCD and it is the clear winner over the few times hatred can shroud cheese. As for stealth rez, that thing is so unreliable, it shouldn't even be taken into consideration; and if a person/group is so good they can get it off almost 100%, chances are they won't even need it. And that is just PvE. In PvP, while madness is not good, hatred is just meme tier. You can make madness work if you learn how to kite and spread DoTs properly; for hatred you either need a tank/healer babysitting or you pray the enemy ignores you.

Overall (PvE and PvP) hatred is without a doubt, the worst spec in the game.

• 1 month later...