Mike 🅱️ Suggestions to make the cheat reporting easier

TrixxieTriss

One that’s an old suggestion, but I’m not sure it’s been mentioned

Add an ability to right click player name and report, including from the scoreboard. Then allow us to go into they report to add details.

The reason is many people have “Alt key” letters in their names and it makes it near impossible to capture the name properly and write it down. And if you do, then you have to look up the codes for those letters. It’s even more problematic for me because I dont have a number pad on my KB, so I have to get another KB to plug in.

Adding this feature would allow more accurate reporting too because you could server time stamp the report to show what map, what time and what they’d been doing for the past 10 mins.

I have another suggestion that may aid the cause, I'm not sure of course, I'm not as computer savy as you are Trixxie, but perhaps they can make a instant in-game screen shot key using a feature in the game that is tailor made for that express purpose, so it would be easier to get more reliable evidence of said cheating that wouldn't come with the concern that possibly something has been altered in a screen shot taken from some 3rd party soft ware using photo-shop or something. I can see that as a legitmate concern, especially when you are talking about banning people, possibly perma-banning people. I do think it's important that we don't come up with a way that than people will abuse it for people they don't like.

In game they would know it's source, and be able to ascertain it's genuineness and it would make capturing evidence of people cheating that much easier and more reliably. That feature could also perhaps also include being able to make statements directly typed into that add on feature so to cover all the bases for evidence and reporting features.

Just a thought.

Thats a good idea. Only, not all cheating can be shown from a screen shot.

But it would be a useful tool for those that can. We’d just need to hope Bioware wouldn’t fall into a habit of relying on it at the expense of a proper investigation.

hm. maybe I have too many.. uh, websites on that picture ;)

your homepage doesnt seem wierd till someone walks by and then walks away howling with laughter.

rofl. You young people have no sense of what real privacy is it seems. :rak_01:

Problem is not reporting is easy or hrd it is BW developers. Fly hacker back in game, botter never got punished for what he did on DM. So what difference is gonna make easy reporting as long as they ignore them. Sorry but this game has worst customer support and worst developer team i have ev er seen. Many promises and 0 kept. So what is gonna do easy reporting since they will gonna ignore it.

Problem is not reporting is easy or hrd it is BW developers. Fly hacker back in game, botter never got punished for what he did on DM. So what difference is gonna make easy reporting as long as they ignore them. Sorry but this game has worst customer support and worst developer team i have ev er seen. Many promises and 0 kept. So what is gonna do easy reporting since they will gonna ignore it.

Good point.

Sadly, this is always on my mind. Do I bother reporting and spending 10 convoluted minutes of my own time doing so or don’t report and play another match instead.

My experience in the past is nothing substantial ever happens to the cheats. So it feels like a complete waste of my time and energy. The process is made so convoluted that it makes you think this was done on purpose to discourage people reporting :(

But if we had a really easy way to report and I could do it in a minute. Then I would report everytime and I’m sure others would too.

Wether Bioware do anything or not is always going to be a problem. But if you can report so easy, then Bioware can’t say we aren’t doing our part in reporting.

The Ball is then fully in their court and they would have more consistent and accurate information if they had a system in place that time stamped the incident.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I hate to admit it, but you're right.

An idea I posted in another thread to help find exploits, hacks, bugs, etc... could be to introduce a bounty reward for finding them and reporting them first.

New metas and xpacs/patches always come with bugs or unbalanced class changes.

Having a period of time to find what they are and then letting Bioware fix them would be the optimal situation.

Maybe Bioware could have a “bounty” reward for finding them in that period or some sort of “beta test” reward for the period.

This would keep people playing during the testing and fixing phase and also help Bioware identify all the problems fast.

That would mean all exploits could /would be found in that period and certain people wouldn’t be as inclined to secretly sit on them and take advantage for the season.

The bounty reward would need to be good enough to encourage discloses.

Big software and security companies are now paying people to find and report bugs or security vulnerabilities. Bioware could offer some CC or CM items as bounties for finding similar things in the game.

Maybe it would help clean up issues before they become full blown problems... ie fly hacking

While my above post was originally about the start of ranked seasons after changes, the bounty program could be offered all the time.

Mike🅱️ could post a report of who the “bounty hunters” were and what rewards they got. ie, something like CC’s or CM items. These could be scaled on the seriousness of the bugs, exploits or hacks that were found.

Only the first person to report them through an official Chanel to be setup or designated would receive the reward.

This system would be a positive way to help eliminate hacks and cheats from the game because it would close off ways to do it.

#in before hackers make alt VPN, hack, report themselves immediately/profit off CM/CC

LoL, yeah, but they need to report the actual hack and how it’s done. It’s no good just saying “I saw a hacker”. That’s not how bounties work.

The idea is some white hat hacker or hack user might come clean and tell Bioware how it’s being done and may even offer up how to fix it ;)

Bugs or exploits are different and would just require reporting what they are and what actions are needed to replicate them.

Either way, they can only claim the reward once and the security breach or bug is identified and can be fixed.

If they are incapable of monitoring ranked properly, meaning stop cheats/hacks effectively and early then what will happen is they are going to just have to alter the entire scoring system.

It's not hard to see the writings on the wall here. With so much wrong with ELO and how BW tries to manage the contest using ELO for ranked all it does is prove just how ineffective and awful the system is.

I just find it hard to believe BW has the resources to do what is necessary to make ELO work here. They would need to limit the ways players cheat the system, make it far less easy to cheat, make it far less rewarding to cheat.

Only way to correct the system is to have actual ranked GMs that were active in the game 24/7 that could respond to any petitions pointing out shady activity by players.

Without active/proactive defense to curtail the wintrades and other illegal activities that have proliferated ranked for years the system isn't going to suddenly get better just because we communicate more about the cheating on the forums now.

A flat tire can only be patched so many times, and that also depends on where the hole is for it to even work! Ranked has multiple large, gaping holes, and not only that; the holes are in places that simply are impossible to patch up. Time for a new tire, BW. (I mean a new scoring system for ranked, not a literal tire btw.) :p

As time goes on, players find more ways to cheat all the while BW has failed to keep up and are constantly playing catch up every season to weed out the cheaters at the end of each contest.

I find it laughable that year after year BW keeps putting up with this crap. Players, the very players who partake and have actively enjoyed trading wins for ELO trade petitions triyng to get one another caught so that they themselves can get the titles and rewards they too cheated for.

This whole thing is just a sad state of affairs, really. Game deserves better, players deserve better, and the only way to make things better is to really just put in place a new harder to cheat system to score rating for ranked.

People either are ignorant and don't recognize just how disruptive even just a small amount of cheating can be or many enjoy the crooked system themselves and don't want to see a large systemic change to the present system they have learned how to so easily manipulate and cheat.

Hopefully 6.0 and onward, stuff changes for the better. Ranked could be fun, but first it will need a good enema to clean out all the garbage that has ruined it over time.

TL;DR

Stop trying to preserve this garbage scoring system.

Flush ranked out, purge it of all the trash and restore it with a simpler, easier-to-score system that doesn't end up rewarding cheaters far more often than it does legit players.

Part of this process would also include far less lenient punishments when the offenses are involving win trading, cheating, etc. in ranked.

Players HAVE to be disciplined consistently and not given multiple slaps on the wrist especially when the punished individuals repeat.