Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

AP pt dps is too insane

lord-angelus
03.13.2020 , 07:00 AM | #21
Why are you even talking tbh? PT has the lowest win rate last season stated by the devs. It's still first the targetted, first to die, and without dying its needs to outdps everyone otherwise it's pointless to even pick up pt.

Now you are gonna say 'uuu let's give it defensive then not damage'
There are 2 wrong things with that:

1 - It will be too op for pve
2 - No one wants homogenisation of classes with different animations only. It's boring.

Does dropping sins, sorcs and op's rolling to pt now? NO, absolutely not. This thread is pointless such as your opinion.

KendraP
03.13.2020 , 07:32 AM | #22
I mention taunts because you complain about dps being as effective at guarding as tanks, which they're not really because of the squishiness factor. We got into the tank vs dps survivability argument because of this:

Quote: Originally Posted by omaan View Post
in games with healer they are survivible as tanks

And I wasnt the one who originally brought up dps guard, you were. You guys are really rather dumb if you dont see the value of a straight DR to everyone except yourself, that's not on the GCD, is perfectly spammable, and had no repercussions. Because that's what taunt does. Yet you are here mentioning guard and making stupid claims, then backtracking when I prove you wrong.

OM-AR
03.13.2020 , 08:28 AM | #23
With how bad PT’s survive at pvp, if anything we need even more dps buffs for them.
The Red Eclipse:
Marauder: OM'AR Assassin: OMAAR Bounty Hunter: O’maar

ottffsse
03.13.2020 , 09:18 AM | #24
Guard should be linked to a on cooldown mechanic on any dps spec...that should fix a lot of issues and is independent of Power techs.

Also keep in mind PTs will probably get some form of dps adjustment and follow the trend of the other specs (Sins, Sorcs, Opers) regardless in a patch or so - less burst, more sustain etc.

Anyways they are melee dps (need to be close to a target) and have lackluster dcds, so any type of problem created here is by dps guarding each other non stop and not the dps.
ref http://www.swtor.com/r/gFbhFZ Melisen / Sage Zrella / Sorc

omaan
03.13.2020 , 02:25 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by KendraP View Post
I mention taunts because you complain about dps being as effective at guarding as tanks, which they're not really because of the squishiness factor. We got into the tank vs dps survivability argument because of this:

And I wasnt the one who originally brought up dps guard, you were. You guys are really rather dumb if you dont see the value of a straight DR to everyone except yourself, that's not on the GCD, is perfectly spammable, and had no repercussions. Because that's what taunt does. Yet you are here mentioning guard and making stupid claims, then backtracking when I prove you wrong.
Go play ranked and try to win a heal game where enemy team has two guard dps while your team has only one dps who can guard. You won't win. your team just sit on one dps - he gets guard, you swap to another dps, he drops guard and gets guard from first dps whereas enemy team is just sitting on one of your team mates and cc'ing healer easily killing the target. Guard is the easiest thing to use in this game - one click to guard, one click to REMOVE guard (and removing guard is workable even if you are stunned or cc'ed). This makes two guarding dps auto win against a team with lack of two guarding dps. Iam more than sure that dps specs MUST NOT BE ABLE To guard on 50% with so little consequences in games with healers. In swtor healer can easily outheal two guarding dps which are being swapped by enemy team because their defenses are not wasted so fast and they can't be bursted down to death thanks to guard.

In addition to this we have ap pt doing more overall dps than any dot spec while being able to burst targets for 50-60k every few seconds. The game is becoming too guard-oriented for dps specs
Support the most evil, mad and cruel sith named Stain by clicking this small link http://www.swtor.com/r/wSmNkK You will get additional 7 days of subscription while i get some goodies
May the kek be with you. Save ranked and class balance pls

KendraP
03.13.2020 , 11:17 PM | #26
I was comparing TANKS and DPS

As I said earlier: dps that can guard on one team and not the other is a MATCHMAKING issue.

omaan
03.14.2020 , 03:36 PM | #27
I was comparing TANKS and DPS

As I said earlier: dps that can guard on one team and not the other is a MATCHMAKING issue.
and i say that dps must not be able to guard with 50% same as tank even if their survivability is worse compared to tanks because in heals games it's an INSANE advantage over a team with dps without guard. AND ap pt MUST NOT BE ABLE TO DAMAGE AS DOT SPECS WHILE DOING 60K + HIts. Those who answer for class balance aren't playing the game it seems because now i see ap pts killing their targets in pvp for 0,7 seconds and if their target is skilled - for 2 seconds
Support the most evil, mad and cruel sith named Stain by clicking this small link http://www.swtor.com/r/wSmNkK You will get additional 7 days of subscription while i get some goodies
May the kek be with you. Save ranked and class balance pls

KendraP
03.14.2020 , 05:44 PM | #28
You're an idiot. I've said repeatedly I don't care what they do with dps guard. And you have failed to counter any argument I made, and the only attempt at a counter was to agree with me.

Seriously, find an argument or stop whining.

Hikaru_Kuma
03.14.2020 , 08:36 PM | #29
AP is like glass canon, leave their dps, without it they have nothing. Pretty squishy in PVE with no self cleanse.

lord-angelus
03.15.2020 , 05:51 AM | #30
You're an idiot. I've said repeatedly I don't care what they do with dps guard. And you have failed to counter any argument I made, and the only attempt at a counter was to agree with me.

Seriously, find an argument or stop whining.
Thank you, someone had to say it.