Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Having some difficulty choosing crew skills for a SI: Sorc

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sage / Sorcerer
Having some difficulty choosing crew skills for a SI: Sorc

Kaczman
12.16.2011 , 12:38 PM | #1
After searching the internet for two days and reading every forum post and guide out there, I'm having a hard time choosing between:

Artifice, Archaeology, Treasure-Hunting
Synthweaving, Archaeology, Underworld Trading

And bio chem too. Anyone have any recommendations, or a place to find more info? Ideally I want to do some crafting myself, that will help my character, and make some money on the market. What do you think?

Shokurai
12.16.2011 , 01:21 PM | #2
i went with synth arch, under since it gives you more stat slots to improve vs. the other choices since we don't use the saber much and that is only one slot obviously artiface can more than just make sabers but that why i made my choice

Kaczman
12.16.2011 , 02:55 PM | #3
I see. Do you think you are missing out over going biochem or synth?

Shokurai
12.16.2011 , 03:53 PM | #4
biochem is gonna be a pretty good money maker i think bottom line is with synth your self sufficient.

ReznorX
12.16.2011 , 11:37 PM | #5
Another good idea if you're going for the "long haul" is go 3 non-crafting.

I've went w/ Underworld, Arch, and Diplomacy for my SI; and after I obtain a mass of mats; I'll sell off the lower-end ones or drop Diplomacy and start crafting.

The gear you get from normal questing is perfectly suitable for your leveling career; so crafting is not too important right off the bat. Plus, credits should not be hard to come by; I'm only level 15 and I've gotten 7k saved up.

So, just wanted to add some other options -- you can go 3 gathering skills, or just keep the crafting skill out until far later in your lvl career.
You may not trust me. You may not like me. You may wish that you never met me. But on this day, you will find that I am your greatest ally.

BawssMcgee
12.17.2011 , 02:10 AM | #6
Biochem all the way.

Grognik
12.18.2011 , 01:04 PM | #7
I went with Biochem, Bioanalysis and Diplomacy. Seems to be the best for endgame raiding

LTXGroundzero
12.18.2011 , 08:57 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Grognik View Post
I went with Biochem, Bioanalysis and Diplomacy. Seems to be the best for endgame raiding
Can someone explain why this is? I'm not near end-game, but if this is true I may consider switching. Just want it explained.

For now I went Synth / Arch / UT. Im liking it so far, but it doesn't make any money at all. At least, not that I've noticed. But then my server isn't really using the GTN yet.
"Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. I am all things, and yet I am nothing. In the end I belong to neither the light nor the darkness. I will forever stand alone."
--The Force shall set me free.--

Songweaver
12.18.2011 , 09:02 PM | #9
I've been doing some hunting myself on this, and each of the options gives you something nice to go into end game Ops with, but ultimately, at the end of the day, none of them seem to really be better than the rest.

Synthweaving gives you some nice gear options.

Artifice gives you Relics you can craft, as well as mods and enhancements for your gear.

Biochem gives you implants along with med supplies and items like stims.

Cybertech gives you ear pieces, Mods, Armor (including stuff for your ship), droid armor,

Ultimately, the items you can craft for yourself will be replaced by items you get from Ops, but it gives you a nice boost going in - and some of them could also prove to be extremely lucrative. I say pick the skills that you are most interested in and run with it.

Nicarras
12.18.2011 , 10:44 PM | #10
All gathering professions until I have all my bag slots purchased and all three speeder skills and a 110% mount. That is a TON of coin. I'll worry about a crafting profession then.

For now, Bio, Slicing, Salvaging.