Dear BioWare; Maybe you actually read this...

Terenin

Wait, I'm confused. OP -- are you new to the game? I ask sincerely, not snarkily. Because the bulk of your issues seem to center around 5-year-old content from the vanilla game. Is this thread really just to complain about the illusion of choice in the original stories? If so, I'm sorry but I just don't see the point. Why provide feedback on five-year-old content? Heck, it's not even the same development team at this point as the group that designed the original stories.

Considering that EA now wants us to endlessly grind 5 yo, 4 yo, 3yo, etc. content for the reward of their gambling boxes, why shouldn't he or anyone else crazy enough to be paying a sub fee for this complain about bugs that are still there or contradictory design flaws in the old content.

It would be different if there was new content, but I'm not seeing much mention of that, beyond 9 more 15-30 minute long 'story' cutscenes.

You can truly thank the players for this particular mess about not being able to kill companions. You used to be able to do it back in beta, but players griped and complained because they felt it unfair that they lost companions because of those choices, and BW eventually catered to them and changed it so that companions couldn't be refused or killed off, that is, until KOTFE came around. Now, that being said, they only allowed a handful of various companions to be refused outright or killed. Quinn isn't back in the picture yet, but I'm truly hoping that if KOTET comes around, and Quinn becomes an Alliance alert, that we are given the option to kill him. I would hit esc on that cutscene a few thousand times just to watch my character gut him with the lightsaber over and over.

to be fair, back in beta you only had one healer companion and if he was dead you were SOL. Had the companion roles been like they are today, it could have been a different story

Wait, I'm confused. OP -- are you new to the game? I ask sincerely, not snarkily. Because the bulk of your issues seem to center around 5-year-old content from the vanilla game. Is this thread really just to complain about the illusion of choice in the original stories? If so, I'm sorry but I just don't see the point. Why provide feedback on five-year-old content? Heck, it's not even the same development team at this point as the group that designed the original stories.

5 years ago, I played 2 Rep toons, called it quits due to lack of time, and left. Not to long ago I got back, plenty of time on my hands and renewed interest. I play the Rep toons again for old time's sake, then play two Imp toons.

Rest of the story is detailed above. Simply put, this "5 year old content" was news to me, and it WILL be news to anyone that shows up late. Bad content or blatant lies about the realities of the game don't stop existing just because they age.

Quitting because the product you pay for is not the product you were promised you were subscribing too, is perfectly legit.