Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

defeat Vaylin's spirit.

Laphoon
07.09.2018 , 07:23 AM | #201
Quote: Originally Posted by Caskilhas View Post
This fight is so frustrating... Cant bloody finish this.
Agree. Not least frustrating that you end up in this fight after having been robbed of a very important free choice - namely to claim the Eternal Throne, or not to claim it.
There should be an option to say "no" to the Eternal Throne, I think.

Jedimarines
08.03.2018 , 01:52 PM | #202
So I'm a bounty hunter, mercenary route, and I'm trying to beat her myself. What am I supposed to do when she out damages me, stuns me, and I lack my typical panic button, the heroic moment? Sure I can use the ability that dispels all movement impairing effects, but it still leaves me with the issue of what am I going to do, especially since Senya and Arcann aren't there to back me up.
Kote darasuum!

Swingkittie
09.28.2018 , 10:20 AM | #203
I think this is a great fight honestly. The toughest class for me was my trooper, but I have to be honest that I really don't play her very well. The only time I died was when I was too close to the edge and Vaylin knocked me off. The other day I was able to kill her and Arcann without the Sith healer guy on the first attempt. I felt pretty proud of myself there.

I run the fight the same way. I keep her moving in a circular pattern always getting her to run into the heal spots as it heals me and damages her. I use all my abilities whether its force run, unbreakable will, etc. I also have talents set that I don't have to stand and cast. Same with shooting spec characters. I set it so I can keep moving and shoot instead of standing in one position and allowing her to catch up. If Arcann is there, I would focus on burning him down first. He isn't as hard as Vaylin.

One other thing - if you use the weapon that you get from Darth Marr and Satele Shan it adds those abilities they gave you to use in the fight. I just used that and put new mods in it to upgrade it from a level 200.
Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line!

Cythereal
05.15.2019 , 09:45 AM | #204
I just did this fight for my first time, and I died several times before getting it.

I read that if you didn't free Dramath on Nathema, he helps out in this fight. Is it true, and can I let him go afterwards? Because I think in the future I'd really appreciate some help on this fight as long as the story doesn't make me eat kittens to do it.

fovzwk
05.16.2019 , 12:02 PM | #205
Quote: Originally Posted by Cythereal View Post
I just did this fight for my first time, and I died several times before getting it.

I read that if you didn't free Dramath on Nathema, he helps out in this fight. Is it true, and can I let him go afterwards? Because I think in the future I'd really appreciate some help on this fight as long as the story doesn't make me eat kittens to do it.
If I remember correctly Valkorion just destroys his spirit during the battle if you don't free him on Nathema

Software
05.16.2019 , 02:53 PM | #206
So how do you out run her ??

Every time I try to get away from her, its like she stun me and pull me back .. this happens every 1 or 2 sec.

Its so *********** stupid.

I got over 115k life and when I die she is only about 25 % down... this is story mode ffs

BelorfinSiana
05.16.2019 , 05:05 PM | #207
I've beaten it, but this fight is one of the few times that playing as dps actually feels harder than tank.
The Siana Legacy - Star Forge
Isharo Izark; Jorran Reynn; Aldo Fetmirna; Zelorfin; Valurin; Mechinus; Belorfin (Siana); LucÓan

Software
05.17.2019 , 01:36 AM | #208
Funny, I just tried again and after a reboot of swtor she no longer just pull me in to her every 1 or 2 sec.

So maybe a bug in that fight,

AshlaBoga
05.21.2019 , 05:52 PM | #209
Quote: Originally Posted by fovzwk View Post
If I remember correctly Valkorion just destroys his spirit during the battle if you don't free him on Nathema
Valkorion destroys him AFTER he helps you defeat Vaylin (+ Arcann).

If you killed Arcann then having him alive makes it 2v2, instead of 2v1. And the only time I've died even on Master Mode was when I fought both of the annoying siblings that Zakull forgot.

Good news is that if you go back and do Chapter 7 again sometimes you can grab Dramath for the Chapter 9 fight. I originally freed him and managed to grab him for Chapter 9 somehow despite him being freed in my choices.
The dark is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins.
It always wins because it is everywhere.
The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.
Click my Referral Code for free goodies!

OlBuzzard
05.29.2019 , 06:45 AM | #210
Quote: Originally Posted by Software View Post
So how do you out run her ??

Every time I try to get away from her, its like she stun me and pull me back .. this happens every 1 or 2 sec.

Its so *********** stupid.

I got over 115k life and when I die she is only about 25 % down... this is story mode ffs
I went through the same thing. You don't out run her at all. If your toon does not have enough interupts .. you don't. All you can do is watch your character die .... repeatedly. I went through something similar to this with only one character. After which I realized that it all stimed from makeing the decision to release Lord Dramath. Many will argue that is not the case. Don't believe them. Just make sure you keep Lord Dramath and everything is good to go.

If you made the mistake and released Lord Dramath simply go back and re-run the part of the story where you decide to put him back in the holocron... take the DS points and move on. When you face Vaylins spirit at chapter IX he will be there as a companion for you. I know for LS players its something of a slap in the face. But that's just how the story is written.

At that point when you are faced with the fight.... simply get Vaylin to follow you to the backside of the stair case and wedge yourslef underneath. That way when she rolls up into a ball to nuke everything she will not blow you off the edge. After that it's not hard at all.. I usually shut off the sound ( I have an external speaker system) ... and just wear her down. It's not hard .. just takes a while.
(████████████████████████████]:|█[ioi]█[|||████]|█|