Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

defeat Vaylin's spirit.

Varune
01.01.2017 , 10:43 PM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by AndasKastor View Post
I understand your frustration, but the healing thoughts are not random. The first one starts immediately where you spawn and heads to the right. If you move to the right and then pull Vaylin with a non-damaging ability she will come over to you and get zapped by it. While she is stunned you can then move over to the left of the stairs where the next thought spawns - it moves toward where you spawned.

The third one spawns behind the stairs. I forget which way it moves out as I usually am waiting on top of it for healing me at that point. After the third one it goes back to the first.

When I beat her on my smuggler I had her eat the first 2, then used one for myself. Then she ate the 4th one and I used the 5th and 6th for myself. She ate the 7th one and I think that killed her.

I don't recall whether I actually tried to damage her when I was in range (I pulled her with a flash grenade). I was mainly worried about using all the tricks I had to resist damage etc.
I tried all this and I have lost 50 times. I am sick of this. I heard you can group up for this fight. I need help.
I also did not use the holligrom ( bad spelling) and I still got no help. anybody want to join up with me. I just am not good enough I guess and much older then when I was young and good at this. I am 70 now. Can we form a group please

AndasKastor
01.02.2017 , 11:48 AM | #122
Quote: Originally Posted by Varune View Post
I tried all this and I have lost 50 times. I am sick of this. I heard you can group up for this fight. I need help.
I also did not use the holligrom ( bad spelling) and I still got no help. anybody want to join up with me. I just am not good enough I guess and much older then when I was young and good at this. I am 70 now. Can we form a group please
What server are you on? I think I the only character I have that could help is on JC (the smuggler that I described in my previous posts). I am now a preferred status, but it should still work I think. I'll be happy to help if I can.

Varune
01.02.2017 , 08:57 PM | #123
What server are you on? I think I the only character I have that could help is on JC (the smuggler that I described in my previous posts). I am now a preferred status, but it should still work I think. I'll be happy to help if I can.
I am on the Shadowlands Server. My Char Name is Varrune
I hope you can help.

This is stuck in Veterns mode for sure. It is to hard to be story and I only want story

Doesn't EA ever read this????

dogsbreath
01.02.2017 , 09:14 PM | #124
I too had a ton of trouble with this fight until I figured out a good strategy for non force users. Stand a tiny bit in front of where the first healing thought spawns and survive until it respawns. Once it respawns, you can either go into it to heal or move so Vaylin will get hit and stunned by it. Rinse and repeat for like 10 minutes and eventually she'll be dead and you'll be somewhat proud of yourself.
Please be a doll and give this referral link a little click
I get goodies you get goodies, its a win win don't you think?

AndasKastor
01.03.2017 , 06:14 PM | #125
I am on the Shadowlands Server. My Char Name is Varrune
I hope you can help.

This is stuck in Veterns mode for sure. It is to hard to be story and I only want story

Doesn't EA ever read this????
I am sorry, but I don't have any characters on Shadowlands. I wish I could help

Varune
01.03.2017 , 10:57 PM | #126
I am sorry, but I don't have any characters on Shadowlands. I wish I could help
Is there anyone here that is in the Shadowlands server that can group with me on this?

Varune
01.03.2017 , 11:10 PM | #127
10 more times and all I can do is to get her down half way.. EA are you reading all of this from everybody?
Get this off of veterans mode and into story mode Please.

AshlaBoga
01.04.2017 , 01:39 AM | #128
10 more times and all I can do is to get her down half way.. EA are you reading all of this from everybody?
Get this off of veterans mode and into story mode Please.
There's a toggle to change the mode at the bottom of the chapter selection page-thingy.

You have to leave the phase to change the mode and sometimes you might need to reset the mission.

Edit: if that still doesn't work (I've had weirder bugs) then you might need to have CS change it manually.
The dark is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins.
It always wins because it is everywhere.
The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.
Click my Referral Code for free goodies!

CloudCastle
01.04.2017 , 12:55 PM | #129
This is probably already mentioned in the beginning of the thread, but I'm going to put a reminder in here:

1) You MUST stay inside the purple circle that swirls around Vaylin while fighting her, or your attacks will be reflected back at you. When I see people here complaining about how they are "taking tons of damage" I wonder if this is what's going on, because I rarely found myself needing those healing pools, and this was on characters that did not have any self heals to speak of.

2) You MUST get out of the giant red circle when it appears around Vaylin. You get so many seconds to do this before she sets off a giant AOE. Run, use a speed boost, do that awesome gunslinger roll, whatever works for you. Run through a healing puddle on the way back if you need to, or pop a defense skill to help cover you while you make the run back to her. (Half the time she jumps to you, so you may not even need to do this.)

Using these two tactics I was able to complete this fight on a gunslinger (sharpshooter) and a DPS guardian. Story mode, of course, I can't help you with veteran. On one of the fights I didn't have a companion and I had to fight Arcann at the same time as well. I'm not an elite player, so if these methods worked for me, they should work for you too!

Be sure to read the little icons on the boss to find out about things like the purple circle. The tooltip tells you what the circle does.

casirabit
01.04.2017 , 01:05 PM | #130
For me it was more difficult with my scroundrel (healer) and no companion than my sorcerer as my sorcerer could actually stand toe to toe with her and rain down lightening until I need to move when the red circle came up so I wasn't knocked back. For my sorcerer it was a lot simpler than my scroundrel as my scroundrel had to keep moving around and of course it was the first time I did it and was still learning the fight.

My sorcerer I knew what the fight was about and stayed next to her and it went a lot easier.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj https://poshmark.com/closet/tmcevoy1121