Friendly advice to Maras

-Bob-

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By request

I usually do on most maps, obviously not in arenas though.

Huttballs are a must and node maps are a must.

Voidstar and Ancient Hypergate, I don't always as there is less of preponderance of being able to take something before the other team arrives. You're gonna meet up and start fighting immediately before something could feasibly be taken. If someone asks before the force field drops, or says "going to the enemy pylon" [Hypergate] of course I use it than.

Unbound is tied to it unfortunately so you have to pick and choose to a certain degree, but mostly I do use at the start.

Voidstar and Ancient Hypergate, I don't always as there is less of preponderance of being able to take something before the other team arrives. You're gonna meet up and start fighting immediately before something could feasibly be taken. If someone asks before the force field drops, or says "going to the enemy pylon" [Hypergate] of course I use it than.

Unbound is tied to it unfortunately so you have to pick and choose to a certain degree, but mostly I do use at the start.

Based on the thread he linked that quote from, I believe the post was intended to be a smart ***

You open with force camo.

Stop giving Mara advice.

I mean I don't mara. But I do play with someone who plays a mara and he leaves most warzones with the speed thing as grim described, so...

TBH I was **** talking Grim because he camo's before entering combat and doesn't have it available when he actually needs it, negating one of the Mara's biggest strengths being able to escape focus.

Hence why he shouldn't give advice on Maras to people.

TBH I was **** talking Grim because he camo's before entering combat and doesn't have it available when he actually needs it, negating one of the Mara's biggest strengths being able to escape focus.

Hence why he shouldn't give advice on Maras to people.

Tell ya what, get some other people who would share your assessment of how bad I am at Mara. The fact that you still haven't figured out the potential use of that not only speaks to your experience, but your level of intelligence. It's not that hard to figure out.

Ohh yeah, btw, 45 second cooldown.

If you are fighting and using Force Camo at the same time, you might want to read the tool tip, your doing it wrong.

Their biggest strength is turning invisible for 4 seconds? I think you are confusing Mara with Assassin.

You want to hide every three seconds, knock yourself out. I'm under the impression that its my job to fight. Force Camo is an escape. You think people are idiots and don't know you are going to reappear in 4 seconds? If they have even half a brain, they'll think to look at their compass, guess what they see pop up on it after 4 seconds?

I'm in it for the fight. Running and hiding every 45 seconds, not my style. Keep on playing it safe pal and worrying about dieing more than doing your job,

In the future, do me a favor, don't talk to me about Maras until you figured out the use of it out the gate.

I know dogs who've been able to figure that one out.

BTW what's your name in game, this way I can learn from watching you and all your mastery? Unless of course you want to hide some more. - It all makes sense now...

Edited by WayOfTheWarriorx

Tell ya what, get some other people who would share your assessment of how bad I am at Mara. The fact that you still haven't figured out the potential use of that not only speaks to your experience, but your level of intelligence. It's not that hard to figure out.

If you are fighting and using Force Camo at the same time, you might want to read the tool tip, your doing it wrong.

Their biggest strength is turning invisible for 4 seconds? I think you are confusing Mara with Assassin.

You want to hide every three seconds, knock yourself out. I'm under the impression that its my job to fight. Force Camo is an escape. You think people are idiots and don't know you are going to reappear in 4 seconds? If they have even half a brain, they'll think to look at their compass, guess what they see pop up on it after 4 seconds?

I'm in it for the fight. Running and hiding every 45 seconds, not my style. Keep on playing it safe pal and worrying about dieing more than doing your job,

In the future, do me a favor, don't talk to me about Maras until you figured out the use of it out the gate.

BTW what's your name in game, this way I can learn from watching you and all your mastery? Unless of course you want to hide some more. - It all makes sense now...

LOL ouch man!

Which screen shot do you want me to link?

The one where you got farmed for 16 deaths, 10 deaths? Or the one where I did 5.1k dps the first time queueing as Mara since 5.0?

I have never seen a dog that can go invisible.

I'm just throwing that out there..

Using force camo to escape lets you heal up and get time back on cooldowns. Anyone I see who camos at the start I focus and tell my team to focus and then they can't escape to heal up. Force camo in the best case scenario (lots of times) is an extra life, and in the worst case, forces an enemy to have to run to you buying time for your team. In regs it's just a convenience to not have to run back from spawn since death really doesn't have a penalty in most scenarios. In ranked it's absolutely necessary to save camo or you're being a detriment to your team. Anyone who says that using camo at the start is a good thing doesn't know what they're talking about.