Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Maintenance: January 30th, 2018

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Maintenance: January 30th, 2018
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EricMusco
01.30.2018 , 10:06 AM | #21 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Jdast View Post
I'm guessing it was designed to stop the bots perpetually running Lady of Sorrows Clean up Quest. Scoprio was like, "Girrlllll -- get that stoopid droid HK or Theron with his amusing cranial implants to do it!"

Dasty
This is correct. The Lady of Sorrows bonus Mission wasn't really an exploit, but we saw some concerning behavior with that Mission for bots. That is why we held the patch notes until this morning.

Thanks!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

shippper
01.30.2018 , 10:24 AM | #22
nice patch!
Quest Things Left Unsaid still dont fixed!
Nice work guys!

GrimReaperrz
01.30.2018 , 10:27 AM | #23
tried updating game. bitdefender reports infected file detected swtor.exe. verification stuck at 87%. restart launcher verification stuck at 0%. restart pc. game launches fine. idek.

masterceil
01.30.2018 , 10:33 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by shippper View Post
nice patch!
Quest Things Left Unsaid still dont fixed!
Nice work guys!
That'll be "fixed" when Theron comes back. Meantime, hide it. It's not that big a deal, and I'd rather the bug squashers still at BW focus on bigger ones.
Appreciate the help/snark in the above post? Click here to help me out!
Celestial ArgonautsCelestial Dreadnauts
Star Forged from the Ebon Hawk cacd.enjin.com

Khaleg
01.30.2018 , 10:38 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey everyone!

We will be taking the servers offline on Tuesday, January 30th in order to apply Game Update 5.7a. The website will also be unavailable during this time.

Details:
DATE: 30 January 2018
TIME: 6:00AM - 8:00AM PST (1400 - 1600 GMT)
VERSION: 5.7a

Patch Notes will be available on Tuesday, here.

Thank you for your patience as we maintain Star Wars™: The Old Republic™!

-eric
Hey Eric,

it seesms even Bioware's own server status page does not work properly anymore, more precise not as before. I double checked this with this original server status page since our server widget on our guild website (Enjin) does not work anymore since the patch today and shows the server offline while it is in fact online. But the SWTOR server status page does not show the same as before either. It still shows up/down but no population data anymore. Something changed obviously. Any clue? Intended or not? New IP?

Original Server Status page: http://www.swtor.com/server-status

Our page with server widget (worked until the patch today): http://tcf.enjin.com/

Kind regards

Frank/Nal'

EricMusco
01.30.2018 , 11:16 AM | #26 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Quote: Originally Posted by Khaleg View Post
Hey Eric,

it seesms even Bioware's own server status page does not work properly anymore, more precise not as before. I double checked this with this original server status page since our server widget on our guild website (Enjin) does not work anymore since the patch today and shows the server offline while it is in fact online. But the SWTOR server status page does not show the same as before either. It still shows up/down but no population data anymore. Something changed obviously. Any clue? Intended or not? New IP?

Original Server Status page: http://www.swtor.com/server-status

Our page with server widget (workrd until the patch today): http://tcf.enjin.com/

Kind regards

Frank/Nal'
Good questions!

This is an intended change so that the server status page matches the in-game interface for server select which we changed a few months ago. With the previous in-game change and now the web change, we ultimately removed two columns:
  • Server population - This column was fairly misleading due to the way in which it generated its value. The value it displayed was the current population relative to the total population cap. This often created situations where servers with more players would actually show as lighter than a less populated server due to its pop relative to its hardware cap. For that reason we removed it altogether.
  • Server type - Since we made the change where a player can be in any instance type, we no longer have specified server types. We similarly removed this column so it wouldn't falsely impact a player's server choice.
If someone was using a widget to get that information from our site previously, they should just need to adjust it for the missing columns.

Hope that clears up any confusion!

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

casirabit
01.30.2018 , 12:01 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by masterceil View Post
That'll be "fixed" when Theron comes back. Meantime, hide it. It's not that big a deal, and I'd rather the bug squashers still at BW focus on bigger ones.
Work Around with theron: You can get him from the terminal, I did that with my sorceress at the time of Umbarra as he was the only companion I had with high influence (not anymore learned my lesson lol) but since I had done that I was able to complete things unsaid when my sorceress was mean to Theron when she went back to her pirate p.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj

Avianatorsparkma
01.30.2018 , 12:19 PM | #28
My sorc isn't able to even trigger the Andronikus return mission. I'm playing a sorc but Andronikus' return mission simply doesn't exist for my char...maybe due to the fact that I got him back from the Odessen terminal some months ago.

But that obviously hasn't been fixed. The sadest thing about this is not even that I just don't get his return mission (though i'm playing a sorc) the sadest thing is: I don't care anymore.

Kyrra_T
01.30.2018 , 12:29 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Avianatorsparkma View Post
My sorc isn't able to even trigger the Andronikus return mission. I'm playing a sorc but Andronikus' return mission simply doesn't exist for my char...maybe due to the fact that I got him back from the Odessen terminal some months ago.

But that obviously hasn't been fixed. The sadest thing about this is not even that I just don't get his return mission (though i'm playing a sorc) the sadest thing is: I don't care anymore.
You have to have completed the storyline through Iokath on your sorc for the alert for Andronikos to trigger.

Avianatorsparkma
01.30.2018 , 12:49 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Kyrra_T View Post
You have to have completed the storyline through Iokath on your sorc for the alert for Andronikos to trigger.
I do. I have completed everything... KOTFE, KOTET and Iokath. I have done EVERY previous companion alert ( I have them all) and I also did the Umbara and Traitor among the Chiss flashpoint quests. Nevertheless the Andronikus return is not triggered for my sorc.

As mentioned before it's probably due to the fact that I got Andronikus back from the Odessen terminal some months ago.