Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How is PT in 6.0?

Spoloma
11.13.2019 , 02:11 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Fellow-Canadian View Post
I tried tactics out without any tacticals or set pieces and I agree it seemed like the damage sucked. The burst damage wasn't as lethal as it was in 5.0. I tried pyrotech and saw the damage was noticeably better than 5.0 and never looked back.

I looked at the power load tactical being the strongest choice because the damage potential is really high if you're getting tunneled. That's IF and a big IF you get tunneled. If you don't get attacked at all then all you get basically is a free cell burst. High risk high reward basically. The plasmatech tacticals by comparison are zero risk high reward.

Is meteor brawler worth it? The 40-45k aoe seems okay but doesn't appear to crit, as far as I can tell. Does it cancel out your reactive shield when it blows? Vanguard dcds are precious, so firefall clipping your shield would not be good for pvp.
Powerlode may be considered high risk high reward, but i don't think any other is worth it. Seriously, Energized Blade is a joke and Flame Detonation requires use of Explosive Surge. I think Shaterred Slug would've been a better pick, instead of ES.

I actually went on forums and checks number of stacks, kinda looks like i pulled number 10 out of nowhere, so don't mind that

Ionfall - aoe ability of RS, triggers only after shield ends, so it doesn't cancel out the shield. Between +2% endurance/mastery, it looks like a better pick, at least to me.

Gyronamics
11.13.2019 , 02:45 PM | #22
It's being removed from shield and put on Battle Focus. So when Battle Focus ends you get the explosion.

Or presumably if you manually click it off too.
Hotwired

Niman, Tomb of Freedon Nadd, The Red Eclipse, Darth Malgus

2011 - The Immortals, The Lumberjacks, Nano, Not Good Enough, Disciples of Babylon, Salt Miners - 2018

Fellow-Canadian
11.13.2019 , 02:51 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Spoloma View Post
Powerlode may be considered high risk high reward, but i don't think any other is worth it. Seriously, Energized Blade is a joke and Flame Detonation requires use of Explosive Surge. I think Shaterred Slug would've been a better pick, instead of ES.

I actually went on forums and checks number of stacks, kinda looks like i pulled number 10 out of nowhere, so don't mind that

Ionfall - aoe ability of RS, triggers only after shield ends, so it doesn't cancel out the shield. Between +2% endurance/mastery, it looks like a better pick, at least to me.
I agree, the other tacticals just really didn't seem worth it.

So to use Meteor brawler effectively, you basically just need to supercharge your shield and then it's set and forget from there? You can just walk around knowing that when the shield is finished it'll hit everybody around you? The tooltip looks like you can trigger the damage potentially early at max stacks, but I am just making sure it doesn't cancel out your shield when it does pop.
The Canadian Legacy
Check out my PVP videos on my YouTube channel.

Fellow-Canadian
11.13.2019 , 02:58 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Gyronamics View Post
It's being removed from shield and put on Battle Focus. So when Battle Focus ends you get the explosion.

Or presumably if you manually click it off too.
Oh I just read today's patch notes. Okay, so it's not popping off shield now so that's good.
The Canadian Legacy

Gyronamics
11.13.2019 , 03:12 PM | #25
Oh I just read today's patch notes. Okay, so it's not popping off shield now so that's good.
Of course it's good for the community.

Guess what this was doing:

Quote:
Meteor Brawler

(6) Activating Energy Shield gives you Firefall for the duration of Energy Shield. During this time, dealing damage with Ion Wave, Ion Pulse, Magnetic Blast, Stockstrike, or Shockstrike builds up to 7 stacks of Firefall. When Energy Shield ends, it detonates dealing elemental damage to all enemies around that scales with Firefall stacks. After it explodes, your heat-using abilities cost 50% less heat for 20 seconds.
Quote:
Superheated Fuel

Battle Focus increases all elemental and kinetic attacks critical chance by 100%.
You've got a bit of time left to see Firefall autocritting if you have the pieces.
Hotwired

2011 - The Immortals, The Lumberjacks, Nano, Not Good Enough, Disciples of Babylon, Salt Miners - 2018

Spoloma
11.13.2019 , 04:58 PM | #26
I agree, the other tacticals just really didn't seem worth it.

So to use Meteor brawler effectively, you basically just need to supercharge your shield and then it's set and forget from there? You can just walk around knowing that when the shield is finished it'll hit everybody around you? The tooltip looks like you can trigger the damage potentially early at max stacks, but I am just making sure it doesn't cancel out your shield when it does pop.
Yeah, basically upon activation of RS (looks like BF now) there was 15 sec to charge Ionfall to 7 stacks and wait for it to fire off. I'm guessing same thing under Battle Focus now.

Fellow-Canadian
11.13.2019 , 09:19 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Gyronamics View Post
Of course it's good for the community.

Guess what this was doing:

You've got a bit of time left to see Firefall autocritting if you have the pieces.
I had thought about those items interacting like that, thank you for confirming lol
The Canadian Legacy

Gyronamics
11.18.2019 , 12:11 AM | #28
I had thought about those items interacting like that, thank you for confirming lol
Ionfall / Firefall from Meteor Brawler set + Superheated Fuel tac still autocrits at the end of Battle Focus/Explosive Fuel.

So... yeah whatever they were doing, it didn't change that even if they meant to.

I reckon you could rack up over 1 million damage from one Ionfall/Firefall with a gathered pack or two.

It hits harder than anyones single target abilities... except it's aoe

For context, you autocrit your railshot/high impact bolt in plasma/pyro. This does about 3x as much damage per target as that autocrit and there doesn't seem to be a target limit. Obviously values change with gear but it's about 3x as much as your autocrit railshot/high impact bolt.

For the most meme potential you pop Fuel/Focus, let it run down to a few seconds (or manually click it off early), charge in, use Artillery Blitz/Deadly Onslaught to quickly rack up 7 stacks, (instantly on a group) and then Ionfall/Firefall goes off for a massive amount of everyones health or all of it.
Hotwired