One thing I didn't get to test on PTS - Alliance Crates for Heroics. Still a thing?

ZionHalcyon

I was thinking about this, and with the new gearing system, it would be really weird to have heroics as they are now go to a certain point giving gear, then transition as it does now to giving alliance crates, only to what, go back to giving gear at 75? Or perhaps not give any of the new gear at all and only give alliance crates?

Anyone test this on PTS?

Point is, Up until you get Alliance Crates, Heroics are the one system in the game most like the current gearing system.

But if you can no longer get equipment from Heroics, then you no longer can play the way you want as the devs have said.

But if you take them away, you no longer can get the legacy armor.

I see 2 possible solutions:

1) Remove Alliance Crates as a reward for heroics, replacing it with the new gear system. Take the alliance crates, and put them on vendors in each alliance base section. Depending on your rating level with that contact, the alliance crate that corresponds will go down in price.

2) Keep the alliance crate system. However, add the new gear/mods into the alliance crates, so that it will contain what it normally does, plus whatever gear would have normally been rewarded for a mission.

Seems like if it isn't done either of those ways, Heroics won't really be content a person can earn gear with.

Anyone test Heroics on PTS before it closed down?

Yeah, it was tested and reported in multiple threads.

Once you are level 75, the crates are no longer rewards for planetary heroics. No one knows exactly what happens between 70 and 75, but we know that they are still rewards when you are 70, and go away when you are 75.

I know I've bugged it personally multiple times, and we've yet to hear a developer response on the issue.

For the record, I see no reason why these should stop dropping just because a player is level 75.

Yeah, it was tested and reported in multiple threads.

Once you are level 75, the crates are no longer rewards for planetary heroics. No one knows exactly what happens between 70 and 75, but we know that they are still rewards when you are 70, and go away when you are 75.

I know I've bugged it personally multiple times, and we've yet to hear a developer response on the issue.

For the record, I see no reason why these should stop dropping just because a player is level 75.

I'll go the other way - I see no reason why people doing heroics should miss out on the gearing system for the sake of crates.

That said, if they make it universal, then they need to figure out another way to work the crates in somehow.

I'll go the other way - I see no reason why people doing heroics should miss out on the gearing system for the sake of crates.

That said, if they make it universal, then they need to figure out another way to work the crates in somehow.

Why are they mutually exclusive? Locked alliance supply crates are rewarded per mission and spoils of war gear boxes are awarded for the weekly.

There’s zero reason not to have both. Just like there is no reason the champion mobs in the planetary heroics or their bonus missions should have their datacron decorations missing, or the Star Fortress decorations and conquered exarch bracers should stop dropping from paladins and exarchs above level 65 (if that’s what’s happening).