Favorite planet storyline?

Lavariusstar

Which was a shame, since I actually liked her. She was a bad babe! :D

It is interesting to see how she has changed between Imperial Balmorra and Republic Balmorra. She's very disillusioned that the Balmorrans aren't more greatful for her "benevolent" rule.

Darth Lachris: "This is beyond tiresome Zenith. I decreed that Balmorra would not become a forced-labor world, and my reward? Your insolent little rebellion."

Ironically, the Corellian council is exactly the same. They are so surprised that CorSec and other Corellians actually start a resistance against the Empire, even if the Empire promised to treat Corellia better than other worlds when she is turned over to the Empire by the Council.

So, Imps, please remember: Promising us to treat us better than other worlds in the Empire is not enough to ensure our loyalty.

Favorite planet storyline... I really loved the ending of imperial Balmorra. The whole invasion thing was just epic. And in the same way the ending of Republic Corellia.

And on my LS Sith Warrior I also loved the Revanites.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In terms of storyline purely, I'm torn betwen Tatooine (both sides), Voss (for the Empire) and Taris (again, the Empire). A close runner-up would be Balmorra (Empire).

If I have to factor the planets as environments, I also rather liked Hoth, Alderaan and Nar Shaddaa but the stories aren't anything special.

In terms of storyline purely, I'm torn betwen Tatooine (both sides), Voss (for the Empire) and Taris (again, the Empire). A close runner-up would be Balmorra (Empire).

If I have to factor the planets as environments, I also rather liked Hoth, Alderaan and Nar Shaddaa but the stories aren't anything special.

Eh Voss for the empire is ok I guess

I agree with Republic Corellia. I loathe the planet itself - obstructive design, claustophobic, orange and brown and brown and orange, and generally a deeply unpleasant place to finish one's journey through the story (ok the park has its moments, but not enough). But I still have really fond memories of running through there with my main, because it really did feel like such a triumphant capstone to the war and the epic culmination of everything I'd been working toward. (Plays really nicely with the JK questline, too, which always helps; I tend to enjoy planets less when the class story and planet story are completely disconnected or thematically at odds.)

I also really like Ilum, if only because the idea that the story doesn't stop at 50 and there's a whole well-developed plot with characters and progression and stuff to do beyond the level cap and not just repetitive raiding or PvP is so great.

• 1 month later...
I agree with Republic Corellia. I loathe the planet itself - obstructive design, claustophobic, orange and brown and brown and orange, and generally a deeply unpleasant place to finish one's journey through the story (ok the park has its moments, but not enough). But I still have really fond memories of running through there with my main, because it really did feel like such a triumphant capstone to the war and the epic culmination of everything I'd been working toward. (Plays really nicely with the JK questline, too, which always helps; I tend to enjoy planets less when the class story and planet story are completely disconnected or thematically at odds.)

I also really like Ilum, if only because the idea that the story doesn't stop at 50 and there's a whole well-developed plot with characters and progression and stuff to do beyond the level cap and not just repetitive raiding or PvP is so great.

Illum was alright,Malgus was pretty cool though :cool:

Corellia was such a driven experience on the Sith side. I just felt so naturally moving from each part to each part. The urgency of it was great.

Belsavis had the epic of freeing the Dread Lords.

Imperial Taris was fun with the whole Thana Vesh thing, though she was so incompetent it was hard to take her seriously.

Belsavis was pretty fun, and so was Aalderan.

I liked Voss in general, but the Voss people themselves got kind of annoying after a while. BTW, am I the only person who can't stop thinking of Frank Herbert's Dune during the republic storyline? (people with blue eyes who follow leaders who see the future, etc, etc)

The first planet I like...at ALL is also the one I like the best. Belsavis.

After that, I also like Corellia, except for the annoying habit it has of one group bumping you into another group, who bumps you into another group. By the time you die, you've killed like 14 enemies, but they've manspammed you into oblivion.

I hate Taris in all of its forms, though the Imperial side is much better (fewer rakghouls, I think it is), and Balmorra is terrible.

Personally I like Voss most. The fencing and intriguing for a third party. The race for the ship graveyard on Hoth is acceptable, along with the side stories regarding the White Maw pirates. And the story of the different houses on Alderaan. Edited by Rabenschwinge

• 1 month later...
Belsavis was pretty fun, and so was Aalderan.

I liked Voss in general, but the Voss people themselves got kind of annoying after a while. BTW, am I the only person who can't stop thinking of Frank Herbert's Dune during the republic storyline? (people with blue eyes who follow leaders who see the future, etc, etc)

Haven't done belsavis yet but I agree with alderman loved the river and the wb so fun

Republic side Belsavis;

I like the way it started out as a regular prison riot story, then had the turning point pointing towards something bigger as you got deeper into the planet, a lot of nice questions raised along the way to keep me hooked etc. and a nice dramatic curve with a climax.

Also, I don't even rememeber most of the other planet stories.

• 2 weeks later...
Republic side Belsavis;

I like the way it started out as a regular prison riot story, then had the turning point pointing towards something bigger as you got deeper into the planet, a lot of nice questions raised along the way to keep me hooked etc. and a nice dramatic curve with a climax.

Also, I don't even rememeber most of the other planet stories.

Same here,nice change of pace when you get to it