Patch Notes

Axlah

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Usually you can still look at the PTR forum but they are changing the way that's used so they are gone. Live notes will go up about the same time as the servers, as per usual I'm sure.

lets make more threads on this...

There is a link to where they will be on the launcher, just wait till they are updated

It's just the patch notes and the servers aren't even up yet. Yeesh, seriously, drop the self-entitled attitudes. It will come, probably quite soon.

It's like the world is polluted with rage-filled impatient simpletons that go ballistic over every small little thing.

TH

• Using abilities with indirect targeting (such as area of effect abilities) will no longer cause players to be flagged for PvP if a PvP-flagged player from the opposing faction is within the ability’s range, and the ability will have no effect on the PvP-flagged player.

This is awesome news if true.

It's pretty crap they do the patch notes last - I mean, they obviously have the patch notes right? Cos they are patching atm - so why not post them?

Probably because they wait to see if the entire patch applied correctly, and the servers came back up in a stable fashion. Otherwise, something could go wrong and they have to back the patch off to get the servers back up.

Probably because they wait to see if the entire patch applied correctly, and the servers came back up in a stable fashion. Otherwise, something could go wrong and they have to back the patch off to get the servers back up.

I would hope they are testing these patches in a redundant environment to ensure that the fixes are implemented flawlessly, but who knows...

I would hope they are testing these patches in a redundant environment to ensure that the fixes are implemented flawlessly, but who knows...

A "redundant environment" eh? lol I dont think as far as programming terms you even know what this means.

• Using abilities with indirect targeting (such as area of effect abilities) will no longer cause players to be flagged for PvP if a PvP-flagged player from the opposing faction is within the ability’s range, and the ability will have no effect on the PvP-flagged player.

This is awesome news if true.

TELL ME THIS IS TRUE.

I am SO sick of using a buff and finding out that I'm now flagged for PVP just because one guy in the op decided it would be fun to heal a dueller ten minutes ago.

People lack patience....

yes that is true.

and to say it with my currently 12yo mind ...

WE WANT pATCHnOTz

WE WANT pATCHnOTz

WE WANT pATCHnOTzWE WANT pATCHnOTzWE WANT pATCHnOTzWE WANT pATCHnOTz

WE WANT pATCHnOTz-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WE WANT pATCHnOTz-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WE WANT pATCHnOTzWE WANT pATCHnOTzWE WANT pATCHnOTzWE WANT pATCHnOTz

WE WANT pATCHnOTz

WE WANT pATCHnOTz

A "redundant environment" eh? lol I dont think as far as programming terms you even know what this means.

Not a programmer, but probably not a news flash to you... Point still is, I am thinking they have a testing environment that mirrors production (thus my choice of "redundant"), so that they can test patches to make sure its a sound fix to whatever they are patching... no?

If not, and they merely throw it in to production without first testing it... shame on them!

Feel free to correct my terminology if that is the crux of your feedback and not the actual subject!

Not a programmer, but probably not a news flash to you... Point still is, I am thinking they have a testing environment that mirrors production (thus my choice of "redundant"), so that they can test patches to make sure its a sound fix to whatever they are patching... no?

If not, and they merely throw it in to production without first testing it... shame on them!

Feel free to correct my terminology if that is the crux of your feedback and not the actual subject!

They may have an environment for testing the base code, but I would doubt they have a full replicated environment of the volume of servers production has. That's where the bugs can pop up, if one server in the production cluster starts acting cranky, hardware failure, etc...