Loot nerf

It was encouraging seeing how quickly people were able to vault up to 306. But over the last 2 weeks, I find now I can run an entire FP without getting any upgrades, almost everything looted being under my gear level which on most of my toons is 280ish. (and that is almost solid, ie my knight has 288 on all but 2 pieces still 286, 3 more crates, all vendor trash).

Fine FU to more casual players.

You saving up your fragments?

Go to the vendor selling unidentified gear and start boosting your worst pieces by buying entire gear pieces. Not mods, those you start buying when you're fully 306 for fine tuning.

Say you have a bracer at 284 and your ilvl is 288. Buy bracers to boost that slot.

It is still RNG above, equal or below your current ilvl but the benefit is you're not waiting for the mega RNG of a bracers to drop as you can target your worst gear and therefore get the most ilvl boost.

Edited by Gyronamics

It is still RNG above, equal or below your current ilvl but the benefit is you're not waiting for the mega RNG of a bracers to drop as you can target your worst gear and therefore get the most ilvl boost.

I think what he means is a general nerf that we are experiencing after the first updates. Like I am doing missions and getting 302, 304 stuff and my rating is 306. I think they setup the system too generous at start and then they nerfed it later on.

I can't say I've noticed that.

If I'm in the mood I'll be sifting through 3-4 inventories of loot in a day for rare modifications and I get a mix of allsorts.

I'm half sure I can sometimes get a whole flashpoint give me sub 306 but I don't really care/notice since even most 306 is garbage for me too so it all goes into disassembly.

But if I just did that one FP in a day I might think the system sucked even though my sample size is small.

I've noticed this very thing. It's been nine days and I have not gotten one single 306 piece of any kind on any one of my five 306 geared toons. I have been getting nothing but 288, 290, 298 and 302. It's becoming extremely frustrating. I've totally given even trying to get any more gear at this point, something just seems broken.

I think what he means is a general nerf that we are experiencing after the first updates. Like I am doing missions and getting 302, 304 stuff and my rating is 306. I think they setup the system too generous at start and then they nerfed it later on.

Yes, exactly. I get buying to replace lowest piece. Get all that. Point is, if my lowest is 286 (only 2 pieces), my highest is 288 - why does a plethora of 284, a few 286 and a couple 288 drop when other than the 2 delinquent pieces, 290+ are the only upgrades possible?

They took it from fun, to annoying. It was fun the first week when you would do an FP and get several upgrades, that actually makes playing enjoyable. Grinding for hours for nothing, is not enjoyable, it gives me time to reminisce about fun times had doing other things...

I've noticed this very thing. It's been nine days and I have not gotten one single 306 piece of any kind on any one of my five 306 geared toons. I have been getting nothing but 288, 290, 298 and 302. It's becoming extremely frustrating. I've totally given even trying to get any more gear at this point, something just seems broken.

What's that in loot pieces.

I could be digging through 3-4 inventories of loot in a day of doing my weekly flashpoints on a char.

Then the same again on another 6 chars.

I'm shovelling through 302-306 pieces like someone feeding coal to a furnace.

If you are getting sub 300 gear, you are either running trivial content like solo FPs, or are not actually wearing full 306.

I have 306, and when running anything NOT solo content, get 302-306 items - sometimes a lot of 306 items and modifications, sometimes none.

The only times I get less than 302 are a) running something like solo mode Rishi fast for conquest points or b) failing to equip all slots on an alt with 302 (I've forgotten my offhand or left a low level relic equipped - therefore my character is NOT 306 when loot drops, and thus I get trash drops).