Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

WHY did Bioware nerf the companions so much?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
WHY did Bioware nerf the companions so much?

Slowpokeking's Avatar


Slowpokeking
11.16.2019 , 04:43 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsillah View Post
Well you see, that's not true. Not everybody enjoys it when it's THAT easy. I certainly didnd't enjoy it and I do enjoy the gameplay better now. Point is that every change will be good for some and bad for others. There is no pleasing everyone and it wasn't fun for everyone before. It never will be for everyone.

What do you want me say? You want me to have less fun so you can have more fun. So you were building on other people's pain as such. Are you seriously going to tell me that you were concerned for people like myself who didn't enjoy it because it was so easy? Of course not. Bottom line is that in the previous expansion it wasn't fun for me. Now it's more fun for me. Am I not allowed to enjoy this game? Cause in the end if they were to make it easier again, I wouldn't enjoy it.
Also story mode=meant to let everyone easily go through. Do you have problem understanding it at all?!
http://www.swtor.com/r/5trH8B

My Referral Code.

BelorfinSiana's Avatar


BelorfinSiana
11.16.2019 , 04:49 PM | #12
Doing the Belsavis heroics, I get the stuffing beaten out of me.
The Siana Legacy - Star Forge
Isharo Izark; Jorran Reynn; Aldo Fetmirna; Zelorfin; Valurin Raster; Mechinus; Belorfin (Siana); LucÓan

Goreshaga's Avatar


Goreshaga
11.16.2019 , 04:52 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsillah View Post
Well you see, that's not true. Not everybody enjoys it when it's THAT easy. I certainly didnd't enjoy it and I do enjoy the gameplay better now. Point is that every change will be good for some and bad for others. There is no pleasing everyone and it wasn't fun for everyone before. It never will be for everyone.
Thing is if you want the game to be more difficult you can :
- play the hardest content
- take off your gear or wear the most basic unmodded one
- put your companions on passive so that they won't help you

What can anyone who want to play on easy mode do though if even the story content becomes too difficult / tedious ?
There's no way to make the game easier while there were ways to make it more difficult...
In need of more Arcann, Aric, Torian, Vector, and a lot, lot, lot more Theron.
There's nothing like geting too much Theron

My characters

Tsillah's Avatar


Tsillah
11.16.2019 , 04:53 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
Also story mode=meant to let everyone easily go through. Do you have problem understanding it at all?!
I don't, but you have a problem understanding.

First of all you say it is meant to let everyone easily through. That's your opinion, nothing more. I do not agree with that opinion.

Secondly you also said everyone should enjoy it. YOUR WORDS. So don't skip over that now. I told you that what you and I enjoy are different things. So if you get what you want, I don't enjoy it and when I get what I want, you don't enjoy it. So they can't please both of us it seems and therefore they cannot make it enjoyable for everyone. Again referring to YOUR WORDS.

So don't try to avoid your own statement. In the end I Story Mode doesn't mean it should be EASY for everyone so for you to say that's what SM is, is simply not true.

if there is one thing we can probably agree on it's that BioWare has not ever been consistent in what Story Mode means when it comes to difficulty.

I do see the point that SM should be possible for (almost) everyone to pass through, but I do not say everyone because if people ignore the tools they've been given because they don't want to put in any effort, I don't think you can demand that it should be made even easier just to suit that. That's my opinion.

But I don't remember BW ever saying that SM was about content that was easy for for everyone to pass. Easy enough perhaps but that's not the same.
Referral link for a week sub and some goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/jMVTyB

Slowpokeking's Avatar


Slowpokeking
11.16.2019 , 04:59 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsillah View Post
I don't, but you have a problem understanding.

First of all you say it is meant to let everyone easily through. That's your opinion, nothing more. I do not agree with that opinion.
Yes it is, story mode is for that.

You want challenge, there is VET and MM. WHY didn't you go it?
Quote:
Secondly you also said everyone should enjoy it. YOUR WORDS. So don't skip over that now. I told you that what you and I enjoy are different things. So if you get what you want, I don't enjoy it and when I get what I want, you don't enjoy it. So they can't please both of us it seems and therefore they cannot make it enjoyable for everyone. Again referring to YOUR WORDS.
And you have the option to do it.

DID I stop you from doing it?

DID I?

DID I?

WHY didn't you do it?
Quote:
So don't try to avoid your own statement. In the end I Story Mode doesn't mean it should be EASY for everyone so for you to say that's what SM is, is simply not true.
It is designed for such purpose, and if you want difficulty you have the option to do so.

WHY didn't you do it?

WHY?

Quote:
if there is one thing we can probably agree on it's that BioWare has not ever been consistent in what Story Mode means when it comes to difficulty.
No difficulty pleases everyone, THIS is why VET and MM were there, WHY didn't you go for them? I guess they are too hard for you? Otherwise why come back to pick on SM players?

Quote:
I do see the point that SM should be possible for (almost) everyone to pass through, but I do not say everyone because if people ignore the tools they've been given because they don't want to put in any effort, I don't think you can demand that it should be made even easier just to suit that. That's my opinion.
WHY not? They don't hurt you at all. Did they mock on you? Did they mess up with your play?

You wanted others to fail, not to have challenge, you just proved it.

Quote:
But I don't remember BW ever saying that SM was about content that was easy for for everyone to pass. You just made that up afaic because it suits your wishes.
SM is designed for it, VET and MM are for challenge, and you have the option to increase difficulty. WHY didn't you do so if you think it's to easy?

AND WHY does everyone being able to go through SM bother you? Because you want to see others fail.

THIS is why Bioware or any other game designers shouldn't listen to you.
http://www.swtor.com/r/5trH8B

My Referral Code.

Slowpokeking's Avatar


Slowpokeking
11.16.2019 , 05:05 PM | #16
See, that's the face of the elitists, what they wanted are not their "challenge" but seeing other ppl fail even through how others play the game have nothing to do with them at all.

Can't believe Bioware is still listening to these ppl.
http://www.swtor.com/r/5trH8B

My Referral Code.

Estelindis's Avatar


Estelindis
11.16.2019 , 05:07 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by _NovaBlast_ View Post
The most fun I've ever had in this game was when comps has item stats. I had Kira in all bis gear as well. I loved putting her on attack and just watching her destroy stuff and healing her when necessary
Um sorry to bother you but I saw you say this in another thread too, and by now my curiosity just has to be assuaged...

Kira is a knight companion. Knights have no healing spec. I am confused by how you "healed" Kira.
|| My referral link || Trask Ulgo 🡢 The Progenitor 🡢 Darth Malgus ||
Let's Fix 6.0 Crafting
More love for class companions, please.
~~~Felix Iresso return discussion & fanfic~~~

Tsillah's Avatar


Tsillah
11.16.2019 , 05:13 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
Yes it is, story mode is for that.
Still your opinion, not a fact at all. If SM was designed for being easy as you say then Master and Blaster would be much easier in Story Mode for example.

Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
YYou want challenge, there is VET and MM. WHY didn't you go it?
I can't play the character class stories in HM/NiM and BioWare has stopped rewarding harder content as it is.

That's because of people like you. Sometimes you get what you want, sometimes you don't.
Referral link for a week sub and some goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/jMVTyB

Tsillah's Avatar


Tsillah
11.16.2019 , 05:15 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
See, that's the face of the elitists, what they wanted are not their "challenge" but seeing other ppl fail even through how others play the game have nothing to do with them at all.

Can't believe Bioware is still listening to these ppl.
You want to take other people's fun away so you have no right to speak. You focus on the point that I want certain things that take your fun away in your view, but you don't give a single damn about taking fun away from other people. So if I'm elitist then so are you, just from the other side of the issue.
Referral link for a week sub and some goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/jMVTyB

BigDRC's Avatar


BigDRC
11.16.2019 , 05:26 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Tsillah View Post
Still your opinion, not a fact at all. If SM was designed for being easy as you say then Master and Blaster would be much easier in Story Mode for example.

I can't play the character class stories in HM/NiM and BioWare has stopped rewarding harder content as it is.

That's because of people like you. Sometimes you get what you want, sometimes you don't.
That makes absolutely no sense - you state you cant do the harder modes - i presume because they're harder? so therefore you want the story mode (the easy version) to be more difficult - and then finish with the reason because the hard modes are hard are because of the people who want story mode to be easier...