Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Crafting Changes Coming in December (6.0.2)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Crafting Changes Coming in December (6.0.2)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

FlameYOL
11.13.2019 , 12:58 PM | #21
Glad to see changes are being made though I'll have to test it on the live servers to see if they'll make a difference or if crafting will remain as meaningless as it currently is.
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything

Banthabreeder
11.13.2019 , 01:05 PM | #22
I'm glad these needed changes are coming, however...

I just want to know why you ignored the testers when we brought this to your attention repeatedly, but only then decided to change it after it went live with the general population?

Any chance the price of 200 scraps will be dropped from the Jawa vendors?

P.S. And why do we have to wait till mid December for this to happen, why not implement it now?
“Don’t call me a mindless philosopher, you overweight glob of grease.”

RPMSKMC
11.13.2019 , 01:07 PM | #23
I have been a Master Crafter since the 1.4 days. Maxing ALL my crafting professions and crew skills have been my first action with every expansion to craft for my guild and friends.

So far i have touched maybe half of them just to see how they were changed and what new items were added. I WILL NOT craft under the current system. Having read through your proposed changes I STILL WILL NOT CRAFT in your proposed system. I do not need to craft two different kinds of green items just to combine them into a single blue item etc. The cost to learn the new tier was excessive to start with couple that with the excessive cost in materials just to make the sub components and it is beyond an insult. I will not even touch the Jawa Junk aspect as that is another stupid cost that should have never been considered.

Follow the pattern of the prior tiers MAYBE double the material count from 2 to 4 as I would TOLERATE that or do nothing.

As it stands and as you propose I WILL NOT CRAFT, not for sale, not for my guild, not for my friends, and not even for myself.

Nee-Elder
11.13.2019 , 01:10 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Banthabreeder View Post

I just want to know why you ignored the testers when we brought this to your attention repeatedly, but only then decided to change it after it went live with the general population?

P.S. And why do we have to wait till mid December for this to happen, why not implement it now?
You won't like my answers but here goes: First, they "ignored" PTS feedback cuz they probably wanted/needed data & metrics from the actual 'live' servers before feeling 100% confident.

Secondly, you have to "wait" because....well.... coding takes time. (And i mean that seriously, not sarcastically. ) Plus, there are a few other non-related things being released in December as well. (just in time for 'Holiday season' break, etc. )

I'm as critical as anyone about certain particular decisions BioWare Dev Team makes sometimes, but at the end of the day: They are a small crew, with limited time & budget (thanks to EA/Disney) .
Never tell me the odds!

Rion_Starkiller
11.13.2019 , 01:12 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by RPMSKMC View Post
I have been a Master Crafter since the 1.4 days. Maxing ALL my crafting professions and crew skills have been my first action with every expansion to craft for my guild and friends.
As it stands and as you propose I WILL NOT CRAFT, not for sale, not for my guild, not for my friends, and not even for myself.
Not to be a jerk, but that's not really an accomplishment. Old crafting was faceroll. You'd have to be a young child to not be able to grasp the old crafting system.
-Beruhl, NiM Space Barbie and Solo Ranked Forum PvP (ง︡'-'︠)ง
(\/)(Ö,,,,Ö)(\/) ¦̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱(̢ ̡͇̅└͇̅┘͇̅ (▤8כ−◦
8 pugs and a grophet i do what i want major league memes can i borrow a stim?

Cupelixx
11.13.2019 , 01:15 PM | #26
First, glad this is being addressed. Trying to be constructive with my feedback. Overall, the pendulum swung way too far with crafting and I don't think these changes are enough to bring things into balance. I get having increased costs in this tier but even with these changes it's out of whack.

Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
The materials required for “material combination” schematics was too high. We are making the following changes:
Still way too high. If we have to successively roll up subassemblies/bonded components, then base costs need to return to the 2:2:2 requirements of previous tiers. Overall costs are already much higher because successive levels of bonded components require the quality below the one you're making. Blue requires green etc. 6 is better than 10 for green components. But that's just "less bad". It's still TRIPLE the cost of the previous tier and that's before you even start combining up to blue or purple quality. Revert to 2:2:2.

Although we want to incentivize harvesting over missions for gathering skills, mission inflow was a little too low:
Remove the increased failure chance of missions for ALL yields that happened between tiers 10 and 11. Seriously, why is this even a thing? At a minimum, make it so a companion at influence level 50 nullifies the increased failure rate.

Getting crafting schematics when deconstructing gear was too hard with too low of a chance:
The bug fix of getting the right mats in deconstruction is fine. Reverse engineering chance needs a HUGE increase at the proposed cost of materials. Either put the chances back to the previous values, or change RE entirely so that you "gain experience/progress" and get the schematic after 4 or 5 deconstructions.

Too high of a requirement for Matrixes when crafting:
Dial back the number of Matrices required for schematics that actually should use them as well. The only schematics that should have exorbitant materials cost or based on limited acquisition mats are the legendary ones. Most players don't have ways of obtaining a lot of these throttled materials.

The materials that you are earning are not coming in at the correct ratio of Premium : Prototype : Artifact to correlate
Definitely a positive change. Can we also talk about Jawa Junk? 200 Jawa Junk in exchange for ONE crafting mat is not at all a viable supplement to obtaining materials.

These are all currently planned changes for 6.0.2 so please let us know your thoughts. As always, we will continue to monitor crafting data and your feedback post-6.0.2 and make further changes as needed! Thanks everyone.

-eric[/color]
Credit where credit is due. You guys really have stepped up lately on the communication front, which is fantastic. Keep it coming.

_NovaBlast_
11.13.2019 , 01:17 PM | #27
Soo crafting is the only thing that is going to be in 6.0.2 patch ?
or will other changes also be included?
<3 Kira is back <3 YAY !!! ...for 2 min.... and then ..no interaction
Quote: Originally Posted by Nefla View Post
If you're playing a BioWare game for something other than story and characters then you're doing it wrong.
UNSUBBED https://ibb.co/sVsmNyp

Banthabreeder
11.13.2019 , 01:20 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Nee-Elder View Post
You won't like my answers but here goes: First, they "ignored" PTS feedback cuz they probably wanted/needed data & metrics from the actual 'live' servers before feeling 100% confident.

Secondly, you have to "wait" because....well.... coding takes time. (And i mean that seriously, not sarcastically. ) Plus, there are a few other non-related things being released in December as well. (just in time for 'Holiday season' break, etc. )

I'm as critical as anyone about certain particular decisions BioWare Dev Team makes sometimes, but at the end of the day: They are a small crew, with limited time & budget (thanks to EA/Disney) .
Ok, I'll give you that. Just burns me though cause I'm not fond of the statement, "I told you so" but it so aptly applies here.
“Don’t call me a mindless philosopher, you overweight glob of grease.”

Nee-Elder
11.13.2019 , 01:40 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by _NovaBlast_ View Post
Soo crafting is the only thing that is going to be in 6.0.2 patch ?
or will other changes also be included?
See this thread for clarification: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=971484

And you might be interested in these as well: http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/1114...e-update-6.0.1
Never tell me the odds!

DawnAskham
11.13.2019 , 01:45 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Banthabreeder View Post
I'm glad these needed changes are coming, however...

Any chance the price of 200 scraps will be dropped from the Jawa vendors?

Crafting was a low priority, not given adequate time and resources to ensure a quality release.

Players engaged in crafting got the shaft because Bioware didn't prioritize and resource the changes to crafting, and rather than wait and do it right, went ahead and pushed it to live in beta state.

And that is a Keith and above (e.g. management) issue.