Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

World First Renown 999?

Trobon
11.06.2019 , 03:01 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by ReeRoo View Post
What is the benefit of renown rank 999?
999 renown crates, 99,900 tech fragments, and bragging rights.

I'm going to go ahead and assume OP is well geared now

offence
11.06.2019 , 03:10 PM | #12
That's actually disturbing but congratz ?

Batwer
11.06.2019 , 03:27 PM | #13
Will not this be put back sometime?
You! Yes, exactly you! Click me:
http://www.swtor.com/r/zwyYS6

sharkfishman
11.06.2019 , 04:10 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by lordoftransform View Post
On November 4th, 2019 at 6:41pm EST I achieved renown rank 999 due to some serious grinding. Due to some prompting by my friends, I've decided to post here on the forums displaying my acquisition of Limitless. I believe I may be world first for getting to this point, but at this moment I do not know for sure. Good luck to all fellow renown grinders!

https://imgur.com/gallery/OUuRXkq
Not sure this is something I'd want to display proudly... but, congrats!
For my friends, click my referral link for awesome free stuff.
For my enemies, click it just to spite me.

"Don't get cocky."

sharkfishman
11.06.2019 , 04:10 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Trobon View Post

I'm going to go ahead and assume OP is well geared now
And mains a Sin or an operative, lol.
For my friends, click my referral link for awesome free stuff.
For my enemies, click it just to spite me.

"Don't get cocky."

Transcendent
11.06.2019 , 04:19 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by sharkfishman View Post
And mains a Sin or an operative, lol.
Jugg by the looks of it.....
REFERRAL LINK - Previous subscribers get seven days of subscription, one Complimentary Character Transfer (and more unlocks) - New players get a Jumpstart bundle with unlocks, for free!- Literally the small print

ReeRoo
11.06.2019 , 04:53 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Trobon View Post
So no benefit whatsoever. No extra powers or better stats. Crates and tech frags you get anyway by grinding, they are not a reward for reaching lvl 999. Also, bragging rights are nonexistent because there is no skill involved to get to 999 (unlike some of the OPS or pvp). Simply mindless stealth runs and Hammer Station.

Lhancelot
11.06.2019 , 05:14 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by ReeRoo View Post
Also, bragging rights are nonexistent because there is no skill involved to get to 999 (unlike some of the OPS or pvp). Simply mindless stealth runs and Hammer Station.
Hey man! Don't hate! Appreciate! Even if we do not share in his devotion to grind renown levels, and even if it requires little or no "skill" it's still an achievement nonetheless.

I mean, let's be real lots of things are recognized as being noteworthy and worthy of celebration but aren't especially hard to accomplish. Just the will and fortitude OP had to accomplish his achievement is worth acknowledging imo.

Also, this was a great thread. It has brought a lot of people together. That's the important part.
TRUE
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
RNG is counterproductive because it massively increases player dissatisfaction.
FALSE
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
As I detailed in another thread, RNG give the players more control over their gearing.

Trobon
11.06.2019 , 05:21 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
Hey man! Don't hate! Appreciate! Even if we do not share in his devotion to grind renown levels, and even if it requires little or no "skill" it's still an achievement nonetheless.

I mean, let's be real lots of things are recognized as being noteworthy and worthy of celebration but aren't especially hard to accomplish. Just the will and fortitude OP had to accomplish his achievement is worth acknowledging imo.

Also, this was a great thread. It has brought a lot of people together. That's the important part.
Exactly. This is a video game. Accomplishing weird achievements is just part of playing. I mean it's not hard to get Legendary status (other than playing through trooper) but it's still cool when you accomplish it. Same with achievement hunting or being world first in beating an OP. It's all just a game and some numbers.

TrixxieTriss
11.06.2019 , 06:17 PM | #20
It’s a shame the swtor team don’t post world firsts and congrats like the blizzard (war craft) team does.