Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Simple Guide for Making Credits/ Crafting - Meno

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Simple Guide for Making Credits/ Crafting - Meno

Menolord
11.17.2019 , 06:42 PM | #1
Meno Here at Satele Shan

As most players are aware the new items everyone is currently chasing are the new Augments (73/74)
I've been asked by many players how to get Legendary Embers & Solid Resource Matrix.

Simple, Legendary Embers:

What to do?
  • Get a Character with Slicing up to 700 & Send your companions out as often as possible.
  • In doing so, you get the Grade 11 Missions that you would be able to utilize on your other Gatherers.
  • These missions come back with anywhere form 1-7 Legendary Embers, Which at my server is currently selling for 500-800K Creds.
  • Another way to look at it is to look up the GTN in your server and find out how much the Legendary Embers sell for.
  • For an example if they sell for 800k on your server and the Grade 11 missions sell for 799K then you should buy the missions and send it out so that you can get a return of profit. Hence selling and making credits.

Solid Resource Matrix & How to get them.
  • Currently the only way to get them is to complete conquest on as many toons as possible. and with the new Legacy gearing it makes this beyond simple to complete.
  • Always check the conquest missions that are 1 Time & Daily to complete. Make sure you knock those out on as many toons as possible to get that 50k goal per character.
  • If you are in a guild that always chooses the Large yield you will get 2 Solid Resource Matrix when you complete the 50K conquest per toon and then you will get another 4 at the start of the new week with an extra 500 Tech Frags.

@ The moment for crafting; Conquest requires you to craft 50 items in order to achieve 1,000 Conquest points. 50 Items sounds like A LOT... GREAT NEWS, I have found a way around that.

The older Adrenals craft 6 at a time with a chance to crit at 7. Sending out all your companions whilst crafting the adrenals, Would net you a minimum of 240 Adrenals. Which guarantees you to get at least 4 Times 1,000 Conquest.

You are most likely to crit to get you to the 250 Adrenals Mark which would grant you 5 Times 1,000 Conquest points.

I've been playing the game since Beta & have been known to love teaching others in game. Any questions? Feel free to look me up in game. "/Who Meno"

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

- Meno @ Satele Shan
Conqueror of the Dread Fortress
The Meno Legacy
<Malicious> I <Last Resort>

TrixxieTriss
11.17.2019 , 07:48 PM | #2
Let me add to this.

Slicing lvl 11 nodes will still drop enough jawa junk stuff to allow you to convert it to mats. This will save you more credits as you donít need to send your comps off on missions as much.

Also, pick other items to craft and sell. The wider your selections, the more likely you will sell enough,

Take dyes as an example, Iíve made 100,000,000 in dyes in 4 weeks because I converted my Jawa junk to mats for zero credit cost.

I also spread out all my dyes colours and donít just spam-make 50 of the same colour to list. All that does is flood the market and drive the price down. Which Iíll admit, there are a bunch of extremely dumb people doing (its like they are allergic to making credits)

Pick the times to list on the GTN. If some fool has driven the dye price into the ground, donít list that colour. Just wait because it will come back up after people like me buy the lot and relist at a proper price.

There are specific high value dyes that sell fast at higher prices. Itís not to hard to work these out because they are usually ones youíd want yourself. The best way is to test the waters over a week of listing.

Undercutting on the GTN.

This can be a two edged sword. Undercutting all the time to be the lowest can create a price war and drive the price into the ground. Some people donít care and just want to be the cheapest (which is dumb). Iíve seen the highest priced crafted dyes I have trouble keeping in stock, drop 70% during a price war. Usually itís a few idiots who drop the price 1, 2 ,3..., 6... then 10, 20 or 50 thousand credits to under cut the cheapest person. That is not needed and loses everyone credits and sets buyers expectations that is what the price should be. If you under cut (which is a good idea in some situations), then you should only do it by 1 credit. Otherwise you are only throwing credits away and not making your maximum earning potential. You can also choose not to under cut. If you are logging out and know these are high demand, just list some at the usual reasonable price and when you login the next day, theyíve usually sold. That way youíve lost no potential income and the ones under cutting you have.

If itís a high demand dye you can sell 50 of in an hour (even with competition) at 100,000 credits, thats 1 mill in an hour. Why drive the price to 40,000, which is only 400,000 in a hour. Thatís a loss of 600,000 (less GTN tax) in potential earnings. Even if you have a few hundred of these, all you need to do is trickle them out so you donít flood the market. Donít list the 50 all at once. This is why you need a larger portfolio of created items so you can spread them out and it also allows you to keep making credits if the price on one of them drops lower than you want to sell for.
The most I list of one colour is 3 and thatís only if Iím logging out. If Iím sitting and watch the GTN for an hour, the mail box dings every minute or so and I just relist. This also allows your competitors to sell some and doesnít drive the price down. Then everyone is happy and makes credits
Playing it smart is just as important as how many you sell. Itís how you maximise your earnings at the lowest cost in credits and your time to play the game. I assure you, I donít spend more than a handful of hours a week crafting and playing the GTN. The last thing I want to do is spend all my time on the GTN or crafting / farming stuff to sell.

Buying low and selling high

There is an art to this and has high rewards, but can also have a high risk. Experience is the key here and building up your ďbankĒ of credits. The more you accumulate, the more risks you can take for the higher rewards and the less likely the risk will bite to hard if you make a mistake.
I made most of my 1 billion credits in the 11 months just selling dyes and 228 augments (yes, they still sell well). But some of that is buying low to sell high.
I know the sweet spots to sell those commodities (items) from my crafting and what is the highest demanded ones. So I can see when fools in a price war or people undercutting too much have gone too far. When they do, I buy the lot and can often make 100% profit or more. It also means Iím not wasting time to craft those or mats they may cost credits for mission mats. And the higher your ďbankĒ, the easier it is to do this.
Of course you can step in the poo-doo here too. Especially if you have one of these fools who lists 50+ of the same dye at a time at a really low price. When you buy their 50, they can sometimes list another 50 straight away. This becomes a problem because you have spent a bunch of credits and now you can not sell the dyes straight away. Even when you have a Billion credits, this can become a problem because of storage space, 50 dyes of one colour is a lot of space.

There are many ways to make credits in this game. Some are slow, some fast, some safe, some really risky. My advice is to find one that fits your own play style and available play time. There is no one size fits all

ElZaguero
11.18.2019 , 07:34 AM | #3
Thank you, Trixie Triss, for an excellent dissertation on GTN PVP.

Lhancelot
11.18.2019 , 07:47 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Menolord View Post
Meno Here at Satele Shan

As most players are aware the new items everyone is currently chasing are the new Augments (73/74)
I've been asked by many players how to get Legendary Embers & Solid Resource Matrix.

Simple, Legendary Embers:

What to do?
  • Get a Character with Slicing up to 700 & Send your companions out as often as possible.
  • In doing so, you get the Grade 11 Missions that you would be able to utilize on your other Gatherers.
  • These missions come back with anywhere form 1-7 Legendary Embers, Which at my server is currently selling for 500-800K Creds.
  • Another way to look at it is to look up the GTN in your server and find out how much the Legendary Embers sell for.
  • For an example if they sell for 800k on your server and the Grade 11 missions sell for 799K then you should buy the missions and send it out so that you can get a return of profit. Hence selling and making credits.

Solid Resource Matrix & How to get them.
  • Currently the only way to get them is to complete conquest on as many toons as possible. and with the new Legacy gearing it makes this beyond simple to complete.
  • Always check the conquest missions that are 1 Time & Daily to complete. Make sure you knock those out on as many toons as possible to get that 50k goal per character.
  • If you are in a guild that always chooses the Large yield you will get 2 Solid Resource Matrix when you complete the 50K conquest per toon and then you will get another 4 at the start of the new week with an extra 500 Tech Frags.

@ The moment for crafting; Conquest requires you to craft 50 items in order to achieve 1,000 Conquest points. 50 Items sounds like A LOT... GREAT NEWS, I have found a way around that.

The older Adrenals craft 6 at a time with a chance to crit at 7. Sending out all your companions whilst crafting the adrenals, Would net you a minimum of 240 Adrenals. Which guarantees you to get at least 4 Times 1,000 Conquest.

You are most likely to crit to get you to the 250 Adrenals Mark which would grant you 5 Times 1,000 Conquest points.

I've been playing the game since Beta & have been known to love teaching others in game. Any questions? Feel free to look me up in game. "/Who Meno"

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

- Meno @ Satele Shan
Thanks for the write up. Do you have any tips on gearing? I am curious if you do the FP grind solo, vet mode, MM mode, or are you getting your gears some other way?

Just looking for all the different ways people gearing up now, sometimes someone adds something I missed or did not know about is why I ask you.

If you don't want to write it here PM me please, or make a new thread people will read it no doubt.
TRUE
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
RNG is counterproductive because it massively increases player dissatisfaction.
FALSE
Quote: Originally Posted by olagatonjedi View Post
As I detailed in another thread, RNG give the players more control over their gearing.

Menolord
11.18.2019 , 11:35 AM | #5
There are a few ways to grind out gear.
  1. Originally, people would do content that would drop gear (Raid, Heroics, FPs) Obviously the higher difficulty the better gear drops.
  2. Always equip the new gear that would drop that is of higher item Rating in order to overall boost your own ilevel.
  3. Save the modable items as sometimes they come in use (You get a 299 ilvl off hand but already have a 299 ilvl off hand. Rip out the mods in it and put in your 294 Helm or chest) Etc.
  4. Best way to grind gear is to run with other lvl 406 doing the MM Flashpoints and the last boss would either drop a piece of gear or a tactical. If a piece of gear drops, you would have a 75% chance of it being a 306. Which in turn would boost your ilevel dramatically.
Conqueror of the Dread Fortress
The Meno Legacy
<Malicious> I <Last Resort>

Lhancelot
11.18.2019 , 12:21 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Menolord View Post
There are a few ways to grind out gear.
  1. Originally, people would do content that would drop gear (Raid, Heroics, FPs) Obviously the higher difficulty the better gear drops.
  2. Always equip the new gear that would drop that is of higher item Rating in order to overall boost your own ilevel.
  3. Save the modable items as sometimes they come in use (You get a 299 ilvl off hand but already have a 299 ilvl off hand. Rip out the mods in it and put in your 294 Helm or chest) Etc.
  4. Best way to grind gear is to run with other lvl 406 doing the MM Flashpoints and the last boss would either drop a piece of gear or a tactical. If a piece of gear drops, you would have a 75% chance of it being a 306. Which in turn would boost your ilevel dramatically.
So will you mix in higher iRated mods with lesser, I mean say you got 299 armor, 299 mod, and a 299 enhancement, would you stick the 299 enhancement in?

Someone was explaining if you have lots of mixed mods that increases the overall RNG making it harder for you to get higher iRated gears when there's lots more variables working the RNG in your gears as you level up.

Did I explain that right? Hopefully that makes sense what I am trying to ask lol.
TRUE
FALSE
As I detailed in another thread, RNG give the players more control over their gearing.

DavidAtkinson
11.18.2019 , 12:38 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
Let me add to this.

Slicing lvl 11 nodes will still drop enough jawa junk stuff to allow you to convert it to mats. This will save you more credits as you donít need to send your comps off on missions as much.

Also, pick other items to craft and sell. The wider your selections, the more likely you will sell enough,

Take dyes as an example, Iíve made 100,000,000 in dyes in 4 weeks because I converted my Jawa junk to mats for zero credit cost.

I also spread out all my dyes colours and donít just spam-make 50 of the same colour to list. All that does is flood the market and drive the price down. Which Iíll admit, there are a bunch of extremely dumb people doing (its like they are allergic to making credits)

Pick the times to list on the GTN. If some fool has driven the dye price into the ground, donít list that colour. Just wait because it will come back up after people like me buy the lot and relist at a proper price.

There are specific high value dyes that sell fast at higher prices. Itís not to hard to work these out because they are usually ones youíd want yourself. The best way is to test the waters over a week of listing.

Undercutting on the GTN.

This can be a two edged sword. Undercutting all the time to be the lowest can create a price war and drive the price into the ground. Some people donít care and just want to be the cheapest (which is dumb). Iíve seen the highest priced crafted dyes I have trouble keeping in stock, drop 70% during a price war. Usually itís a few idiots who drop the price 1, 2 ,3..., 6... then 10, 20 or 50 thousand credits to under cut the cheapest person. That is not needed and loses everyone credits and sets buyers expectations that is what the price should be. If you under cut (which is a good idea in some situations), then you should only do it by 1 credit. Otherwise you are only throwing credits away and not making your maximum earning potential. You can also choose not to under cut. If you are logging out and know these are high demand, just list some at the usual reasonable price and when you login the next day, theyíve usually sold. That way youíve lost no potential income and the ones under cutting you have.

If itís a high demand dye you can sell 50 of in an hour (even with competition) at 100,000 credits, thats 1 mill in an hour. Why drive the price to 40,000, which is only 400,000 in a hour. Thatís a loss of 600,000 (less GTN tax) in potential earnings. Even if you have a few hundred of these, all you need to do is trickle them out so you donít flood the market. Donít list the 50 all at once. This is why you need a larger portfolio of created items so you can spread them out and it also allows you to keep making credits if the price on one of them drops lower than you want to sell for.
The most I list of one colour is 3 and thatís only if Iím logging out. If Iím sitting and watch the GTN for an hour, the mail box dings every minute or so and I just relist. This also allows your competitors to sell some and doesnít drive the price down. Then everyone is happy and makes credits
Playing it smart is just as important as how many you sell. Itís how you maximise your earnings at the lowest cost in credits and your time to play the game. I assure you, I donít spend more than a handful of hours a week crafting and playing the GTN. The last thing I want to do is spend all my time on the GTN or crafting / farming stuff to sell.

Buying low and selling high

There is an art to this and has high rewards, but can also have a high risk. Experience is the key here and building up your ďbankĒ of credits. The more you accumulate, the more risks you can take for the higher rewards and the less likely the risk will bite to hard if you make a mistake.
I made most of my 1 billion credits in the 11 months just selling dyes and 228 augments (yes, they still sell well). But some of that is buying low to sell high.
I know the sweet spots to sell those commodities (items) from my crafting and what is the highest demanded ones. So I can see when fools in a price war or people undercutting too much have gone too far. When they do, I buy the lot and can often make 100% profit or more. It also means Iím not wasting time to craft those or mats they may cost credits for mission mats. And the higher your ďbankĒ, the easier it is to do this.
Of course you can step in the poo-doo here too. Especially if you have one of these fools who lists 50+ of the same dye at a time at a really low price. When you buy their 50, they can sometimes list another 50 straight away. This becomes a problem because you have spent a bunch of credits and now you can not sell the dyes straight away. Even when you have a Billion credits, this can become a problem because of storage space, 50 dyes of one colour is a lot of space.

There are many ways to make credits in this game. Some are slow, some fast, some safe, some really risky. My advice is to find one that fits your own play style and available play time. There is no one size fits all
TOTAL NOOB QUESTION : How do you convert jawa junk into mats ?
Click the link below if you want to try out the game for 7 days as a sub or want extra game time added for free, enjoy:

http://www.swtor.com/r/3Qgyzv

Lhancelot
11.18.2019 , 02:18 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by DavidAtkinson View Post
The Jawa Vendors... they convert jawa junk into crafting materials just like before 6.0. I got 3 of them in my SH, but you can go to the south instance on Imperial fleet or north instance on republic fleet and the jawa vendors are there, too.
TRUE
FALSE

TrixxieTriss
11.18.2019 , 09:07 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by DavidAtkinson View Post
As Lhance says, you can go to the market level on the fleets and find 3 jawa vendors. One for green, one for blue and one for purple grade mats.
So depending on what mats want, you just take your jawa junk with you and look through what they have and ďbuyĒ / convert your jawa junk to mats.

Alternatively, like Lhance also touched on, you can get the Jawa junk vendors as strong hold decorations and have them in your strong hold. It saves running to the fleet to convert each time.

Iím pretty sure the jawas cost cartel market certificates and you get them from the strong hold decoration vendors on the fleet. If I remember correctly, I think I ground out my certificates from the casino slot machines during the Night Life event

TrixxieTriss
11.18.2019 , 10:04 PM | #10
I would like to add more GTN strategy that I use so I continue to make credits and donít contribute to driving the price down when itís not needed.
With higher demand items, the last thing you want is a price war or the price dropping too much as people want to be the cheapest.

1. Sometimes listing at the current lowest price is enough to stabilise the market and if itís high demand, both yours and the otherís will sell through and no one loses credits.

2. If you see someone has undercut with only a few items or just one, you donít need to under cut them. Theirís will sell fast and yours will sell after. Just list yours at the ďnormalisedĒ pricing

3. If you see a trend where too many of the one item are being listed and the price is dropping. Remove your item from the GTN for a few hours or a day. This shortens supply and the prices will increase faster once those cheap oneís go. This way, you donít have the price stay low and change the buyer perceptions of what the cost should be.

4. This next one is a little weird and takes patience. Sometimes the people who flood the market will do so with a high demand item and keep the price there for a couple of days or a week. At this point the buyers start expecting this is the new norm. But eventually those seller move to another item during the week when those sell out.
Other savy sellers will do what I suggest in point 3 and just pull their stock so only the foolís stock is listed. This dries up the supply faster and the people who drove the price low will run out faster and not be able to keep up with demand.
During this time, I list 1 item at 20% higher than what they ďnormalĒ selling price would be. As soon as it sells, I know the market is ready to reset and I will start listing properly again at just above the normalised price. Usually by this time, those foolish people have moved onto another item.
The reason it takes patience is it could take a week or a few weeks for them to move on.

4. Sometimes those I described in number 4 donít move on as such. They still hang a round for part of the week or part of the daily sales cycle, that just means you need to list at the right times of the day / week to avoid them or take more drastic measures and buy up their stock to stop the price going lower.
You may only break even reselling it or make a small profit, but if you mix your own into the ones you bought, you can still make credits. Usually this is enough to keep the price where it should be and you can sell enough of your own to make it worth while, especially during the days and times the foolís arenít around. Remember these are high demand items and youíll find some buyers will even pay double what the normalised price is if there are no others listed. (FYI, I personally donít list at double the usual price bracket).

5. The real trick with high demand items is finding the balance / sweet spot to maximise profit, time used and speed of income. If you list too low, you will sell out fast, but lose potential income. If you list too high, you will make more profit per item, but sell much less and also lose potential income.
This is where experience comes into play, at first it will be trial and error. If you find something sells fast, slowly raise the price, itís itís still selling really fast, itís still too low.
Eventually you will find an equilibrium that balances out. As an example, for my crafted dyes I watched the market for the ones listed 100,000 to 120,000. The dyes that sell fast at those prices are the high demand dyes. I listed a couple and to how fast they sold. If they were gone in 12 hours and there arenít many at a low price, then they werenít high demand. I still list them to make credits, but I donít ever want to list more than 2 and I donít focus my time and resources to make them.

This sort of process can be used on any crafted items. Iíve done it for augments, augment kits, ear, implants, Armor, etc, etc, and for stims and med packs. The main reason I moslty settled on crafting dyes is because I play ďspace barbiesĒ while Craft and play the GTN and Iím always making them for my wife and me, so why not make them for the GTN too. Plus my wife is glad to farm the mats for me when I ask
(Making dyes can be really time consuming to farm all the mats if you want to maximise your income. Especially on some planets like Makebís grade 7 colour crystals and other pain in the butt planets. Now that I think about it more, crafting dyes to make the sort of credits I did can be hard work without a partner to help)

Anyway, they are just somethings I do that suit my play style, They seem to mostly work for me and Iíve told them to other people who do the same and it works for them, I didnít think up all of them myself, I spoke to other traders about strategy and picked up a few titbits. So now Iím passing those onto you