Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Crafting Changes Coming in December (6.0.2)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Crafting Changes Coming in December (6.0.2)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DarthSpuds
11.17.2019 , 01:37 AM | #91
Quote: Originally Posted by ElZaguero View Post
It's all just PR. They ask for our feedback to make us feel like we have input, thereby helping to blunt criticism and anger. We are being "managed" in a thoroughly cynical manner. This is the corporate way.
Yup.

Crafting was OK ish before 6.0, let's call it a 6/10.
6.0 has turned it to 1/10.
These much vaunted "improvements" will make it a 2/10.

And somehow we are supposed to believe this is acceptable.

I also note Bioware have returned to the "one post to halfheartedly pretend we care what you think, then we go silent again just to show we don't" approach to Community Mismanagement.

All The Best
#Is-This-As-Good-As-It-Gets?

If you think my comment has been helpful in anyway please >>Click Here<< for the Refer A Friend Bonus.

Transcendent
11.17.2019 , 02:56 AM | #92
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthSpuds View Post
I also note Bioware have returned to the "one post to halfheartedly pretend we care what you think, then we go silent again just to show we don't" approach to Community Mismanagement.

All The Best
If you were the developer tasked with sorting out the 6.0 crafting, would you want to post on these forums? Also the post a little bit above sums it up.

Slight improvement. 6.0.2
Slight improvement. 6.0.x
Slight improvement. 6.0.x

I have no idea why BioWare put themselves through this each and every time. All it does is breed resentment at the changes they make, when they could just listen to the feedback originally gleaned from the PTS and actually act on that feedback. Now they have to claw it back to where it becomes "acceptable change" and lose goodwill in the process.

This is why I don't do the PTS.
REFERRAL LINK - Previous subscribers get seven days of subscription, one Complimentary Character Transfer (and more unlocks) - New players get a Jumpstart bundle with unlocks, for free!- Literally the small print

MK-ULTRA
11.17.2019 , 03:49 AM | #93
You do care <3
You spelled tyranny wrong.

Tsillah
11.17.2019 , 03:52 AM | #94
Quote: Originally Posted by Transcendent View Post
If you were the developer tasked with sorting out the 6.0 crafting, would you want to post on these forums?
Indeed, what more should they say? They've said they heard the complaints and are doing something with it in a few weeks from now. It seems to me that some people mistake not hearing what they want with BW not communicating enough. I will be the first to say BW has communication issues, but this isn't it.
I have no idea why BioWare put themselves through this each and every time. All it does is breed resentment at the changes they make, when they could just listen to the feedback originally gleaned from the PTS and actually act on that feedback. Now they have to claw it back to where it becomes "acceptable change" and lose goodwill in the process.
I often wonder about this. Why do they always seem to do their best to tick people off every major patch? But then I have to ask the question how many people it actually really ticks off. Because this forum has a very small group of people posting. Now I can imagine that crafting affected a lot of people negatively with 6.0 and so we do see changes. But I still don't have a good answer for that question. The only thing that comes close is that people who get upset are still committed and people who become apathic are not. People love to complain about stuff. So perhaps on a deeper level we enjoy doing this and also keeps us engaged maybe
This is why I don't do the PTS.
Yeah the PTS never really appealed to me either. Also because I don't want to see the content before it comes out but also because I can't be bothered with the whole feedback process. Most players, sorry to say, don't seem to give constructive feedback. They only rage about stuff and throw general terms around that you cant' do anything with. So I stay on the outside of that.

As it stands my biggest problem with crafting in 6.0 is that it's just about augments and stims/adrenals. That's basically the scope of endgame crafting in 6.0. That's a very very narrow scope. So once I have my augments sorted, which I will in December, crafting becomes essentially useless to me except for occasional batches of stims. That I find the actual biggest problem with crafting at the moment.
Referral link for a week sub and some goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/jMVTyB

Hammaclar
11.18.2019 , 05:18 PM | #95
Probably going to fall on deaf ears that have paid no attention to our comments on crafting but here goes again.

There was no need to change anything for 6.0 below legendary from previous crafting models. Are you trying to justify someone having a job to simply screw with us?

Per the post:

* Materials for all combination components are too high. Reducing to 6x6x6 is still too high. You have not increased the material drops to even go to 4x4x4. Revert to 2x2x2, and this includes artifact.
* Conversion requirement to convert premium to Prototype should be reduced to 1 to 1.
Gathering missions are totally screwed up.
*Mission default should be premium mats, with prototype and artifact at lower ratios on successful rng.
*Agree with increasing rewards for wealthy reward missions
*Reduce failure rate on all crafting missions...having 4 out of 8 missions fail with lvl 50 companions is bs
Getting crafting schematics when deconstruction is crazy stupid too low. Increase to 50 or 100 percent. 100 Percent if you don't decrease to 2x2x2 and 50 if you do
Solid Resource Matrixes (SRM) should not be required in anything below Legendary recipies.
*Decrease the number of SRM required period. An average PVE solo player might be able to get 6 per week if they work at it and don't have a big conquest guild.
Legendary Ember requirements are fine. Leave unchanged.

Rebalancing of material inflow is most deffinately required.

You failed to heed comments during PTS and rolled out a Piece of Crap for crafting. Get your heads out of your backsides and fix this crap asap. You made things way more complicated than they needed to be.

camzoner
11.18.2019 , 05:44 PM | #96
I think reducing to 6x6x6 is fine. Crafting was way too easy before.

I also like the idea of increasing the need for Legendary Embers.

I suggest increasing the amount of gifts we get from the gift missions. Instead of one blue gift on normal reward and one purple gift on a crit why not 3 blues on a normal reward and 3 purple on a crit. When you guys introduced that gift vendor for such low prices for blue and purple gifts it ruined the whole market for gathering gifts with crewskills. If you increase the return to 3 or more, would make those missions useful again.

yeldarbnotned
11.27.2019 , 07:27 PM | #97
Any plans to reduce the grade 11 component cost for war supplies from 8 to 4? Pretty Pretty please!

Dashtardly
11.28.2019 , 09:33 AM | #98
First off, I typically craft stuff for my toons (and rarely sell stuff on GTN). So for my crafting to earn Mega credits in game is not why I craft stuff. It's a nice side activity and helps with leveling up toons. However, I have not crafted any of the 6.0 schematics I could learn because the material costs are way too excessive. The current implementation seems very passive-aggressive (i.e., it seems that you want to remove crafting but you can't just take it out of the game). I am not so interested in crafting to work through all the numbers and ratios, which others have apparently spent their time to do so and will defer to their efforts.

Outside of the materials required, there are also the following bugs in Crafting (as I see it):

1) When I attempt to RE any pre-6.0 crafted item I'm given a % chance of success (or "No Research Available"). However, for any 6.0 gear (iLvl 268+) there is NO message. Since I have RE'd quite a bit of GREEN gear (and mods/enhancements), and yet to research ANYTHING, I have to wonder if the chance to RE is so low that it's not being advertised or it there is in fact no research available AND all the RE does is give me a few materials. Please add a message for that gear that gives the RE chance.

2) The materials returned from the RE of a green item don't seem to be in the same proportions that are required to MAKE green gear. This should be brought in line.

3) On my Cybertech, I can take an armor piece with built-in stats (i.e., no slots for armor/mod/enhancement) and put it into the RE window (and RE the item). Prior to 6.0 that gear would be disabled (as I could not RE something I didn't know how to make). Being able to put another crafting profession items into the deconstruction dialog is convenient if I just want to bust it up for materials, but I have no way of knowing if I'm missing out on the opportunity to learn a new schematic or if it's a feature to be able to do this or a bug.

Arnobe
11.28.2019 , 09:51 AM | #99
Quote: Originally Posted by Hammaclar View Post
Probably going to fall on deaf ears that have paid no attention to our comments on crafting but here goes again.
There was no need to change anything for 6.0 below legendary from previous crafting models. Are you trying to justify someone having a job to simply screw with us?
Per the post:
* Materials for all combination components are too high. Reducing to 6x6x6 is still too high. You have not increased the material drops to even go to 4x4x4. Revert to 2x2x2, and this includes artifact.
* Conversion requirement to convert premium to Prototype should be reduced to 1 to 1.
Gathering missions are totally screwed up.
*Mission default should be premium mats, with prototype and artifact at lower ratios on successful rng.
*Agree with increasing rewards for wealthy reward missions
*Reduce failure rate on all crafting missions...having 4 out of 8 missions fail with lvl 50 companions is bs
Getting crafting schematics when deconstruction is crazy stupid too low. Increase to 50 or 100 percent. 100 Percent if you don't decrease to 2x2x2 and 50 if you do
Solid Resource Matrixes (SRM) should not be required in anything below Legendary recipies.
*Decrease the number of SRM required period. An average PVE solo player might be able to get 6 per week if they work at it and don't have a big conquest guild.
Legendary Ember requirements are fine. Leave unchanged.

Rebalancing of material inflow is most deffinately required.

You failed to heed comments during PTS and rolled out a Piece of Crap for crafting. Get your heads out of your backsides and fix this crap asap. You made things way more complicated than they needed to be.
I Totally Agree With This Guy! Tis Needfull For You All, To Dial it way back!

Akevv
11.28.2019 , 11:34 PM | #100
As far as I read here, this doesn't address that level 11 crafting is ridiculously complex. Y'all destroyed Conquest crafting over a year ago, and it doesn't appear you've learned a thing. There is no influx of customers coming. Y'all -really- need to focus on keeping the people you do have. Requiring stacks upon stacks of mats, for a single item isn't fun or rewarding. Its clearly a time and credit sink. I was stupid enough to spend 4.5m credits unlocking level 11 crafting for three of my characters, but the other 5 won't be done. Level 11 items aren't even necessary, and level 45 augments -still- have better single stat boosts than up to 74. It is dumb and I will not be participating. Sorry not sorry. Your patch is a bandaid to keep up appearances, hoping to ride out the holidays, nothing more.