Powertech Pyrotech deserve the HUGE nerf

Roiz

Powertech specced as Pyrotech currently do an unbalanced amount of damage in warzones being above all other classes by a big margin. This is only one class has all its main attacks completly ignore target armor. This is only one class with all instant casts ranged attacks. Playstyle is rediculius, you run pressing few button and do crazy damage on the move slowing enemies at the same time. This class ruins PvP completly and it should be stopped.

PvP is about skills and tactics, with powertech you don't need this, just spam flame burst and railshot and see everyone dead.

The nerf powertech needs:

1. railshot should not ignore armor, for instant cast skill 30 meters range completly ignore armor is too OP.

2. Something should be done with flame burst. It is way too much having 10 meter range instant cast ability with no CD which do high damage, place dot, slow target and ignore armore at the same time. It shoul be placed on 10 seconds CD or have 1.5 sec cast time and it should not ignore armor.

Generally overall powertech damage ignoring target armor and spammable slow should be precisely reconsidered.

Powertech burns any class in seconds especially sages and operatives with no option to survive. many classes cannot play at all if powertech on them. I have powertech and burned other classes in seconds using very easy rotation. Usually good powertechs are on the top of every warzone damage with a gap about 100k - 200k to any othe class.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I won't comment on balance issues itself because I feel as though I am no longer in a position to, but I would like to ask a question.

Aren't powertechs really easy for team to burst down in a wz?

Edited by Awayy

I won't comment on balance issues itself because I feel as though I am no longer in a position to, but I would like to ask a question.

PTs have one defense CD. Yes they are.

Guess the OP got killed by one and is now very angry (if he'd play one he'd know that adding a CD to flame burst would completely kill the class.

We are the only class that is required to use autoattacks in regards of ressource management and because all other skill have a cool down (not counting the 3 ammo consuming ones as they are not spamable either, because you are dry after a few casts).

Basically if you spam flame burst for reasons other than to reset your CD (possible every 6 seconds) you will overheat/ run out of ammo and be useless for a while.

Edited by Twor

Then probably no one will play them cause they die quickly and have no immunities/stealth, only shield on CD, while considered to stay in 4-10 m range to do effective damage.

They don't need 4-10 meters. 10-30 is enought.

Termal detonator, unload, railshot, rapid shots, incedary missile, explosive dart - 30 meters.

Only flame burst is 10 meters.

Their survivability is pretty descent heavy armor, self heal and shield on cd, which can be reduced significantly if specced. They actually have better survivability than dps specced guards, but guard needs to always be in 4 meters.

DPS specced Guard has the same shield but on longed CD. Powertech has good self heal with cool down reduction if specced. Guard has small self heal on long CD which consume a LOT of focus. If you use self heal on guard you run out of focus.

Termal detonator, unload, railshot, rapid shots, incedary missile, explosive dart - 30 meters.

Their survivability is pretty descent heavy armor, self heal and shield on cd, which can be reduced significantly if specced. They actually have better survivability than dps specced guards, but guard needs to always be in 4 meters.

DPS specced Guard has the same shield but on longed CD. Powertech has good self heal with cool down reduction if specced. Guard has small self heal on long CD which consume a LOT of focus. If you use self heal on guard you run out of focus.

lol good self heal? Its 15% on like 2 min cool down ahah I love this thread. This most be a group of marauders posting this stuff

A hot that heals for 2,5k (on geared people) over several seconds is good self heal? To reduce the cooldown you need to take damage...

4m is required for interrupts and stockstrike, which has the highest % chance to reset hip. That you mention rapid shots, the auto attack as a viable ranged attack is amazing, really.

TD and dart share a cooldown. If you spam missle you are overheated in under 7 seconds.

troll post. Rail shot ignores 60 % armor if speced.

your suggestions made me laugh though thx.

There are two talents to boost railshot armor penetration one of the bottom of AP tree and another in the middle of the pyrotech tree. If you specced pyrotech you can get both and have full armor penetration.

Please remember that burst is the only thing the class has.

Btw, OP's suggestion wouldn't only kill this class in PvP, it would also destroy the totally unrelated PvE tanking AND DPS AS WELL as the tactics middle tree, which is not played much as it is.

Powertech / Vanguard is already a bare-bones class that has little else than burst (in PvP), you do not nerf abilities of a class like this without giving back significantly more other mechanics.

Edited by Fdzzaigl

Nope. Flame burst (10 m) and rocket punch (4 m) renew rail shot. Without that pyrotech can't do thing.

Think about it.

Nope. Flame burst (10 m) and rocket punch (4 m) renew rail shot. Without that pyrotech can't do thing.

Think about it.

+ lol about more defenses than a Guardian.

25% damage reduction shield is on a 2 minute cooldown for most specs, guardians have better shields on lower cooldown.

Selfhealing is pathetic: it's a ~800 heal up front, which ticks for ~250 a couple of times after.

Think about it.

He is probably thinking of pyro mercs that run around spamming unload and rapid shots for their rail shot. Its okay though, if you can't expect people to adjust tactics to the class they face, you certainly can't expect them to differentiate ACs.

Powertech specced as Pyrotech currently do an unbalanced amount of damage in warzones being above all other classes by a big margin. This is only one class has all its main attacks completly ignore target armor. This is only one class with all instant casts ranged attacks. Playstyle is rediculius, you run pressing few button and do crazy damage on the move slowing enemies at the same time. This class ruins PvP completly and it should be stopped.

PvP is about skills and tactics, with powertech you don't need this, just spam flame burst and railshot and see everyone dead.

1. railshot should not ignore armor, for instant cast skill 30 meters range completly ignore armor is too OP.

2. Something should be done with flame burst. It is way too much having 10 meter range instant cast ability with no CD which do high damage, place dot, slow target and ignore armore at the same time. It shoul be placed on 10 seconds CD or have 1.5 sec cast time and it should not ignore armor.

Generally overall powertech damage ignoring target armor and spammable slow should be precisely reconsidered.

Powertech burns any class in seconds especially sages and operatives with no option to survive. many classes cannot play at all if powertech on them. I have powertech and burned other classes in seconds using very easy rotation. Usually good powertechs are on the top of every warzone damage with a gap about 100k - 200k to any othe class.

So let me get this straight, you want a 10m range skill to have a 1.5 sec cast? That makes no sense, thats like giving a melee class a cast on a melee skill. They have one channel skill thats melee damage and do you see how many issues that had from launch to 1.2? Thats a rediculous idea.

Flame burst doesnt ignore armor, so get your **** straight before you rant. And High impact bolt/railshot doesnt completely ignore armor either, it ignores 90% with 8 points required to get that from the tree. ( the 30% is the upper part of a mini tree) And your info that it always places a dot and snares and blah blah, thats all tree feated. You know what else triggers a proc, is spammable, and snares? Force lightning. Lots of classes have feed in skills.

Does this class beast? yeah it does, but so do other classes, like sents and mara's or Tank dps gear assassins and shadows. Hell really any class. You can nerf my vanguard and it woudlnt slow me down at all, I can out damage powertechs and vanguards on my sniper, or my sage regardless. And I kill healers easier on sniper.

People have to use thier heads, the class is squishy, just gank them. Who cares about 1v1? I win 1v1s, 2v1's 3v1's all the time on a plethera of classes. It means nothing. Winning and teamplay means everything. Just focus fire the pyro on sight like he were a healer, I bet he has a ****** day. They go down in seconds from a good dps.

People have to understand wanting nerfs at this stage in the game is horrible for the game. No class is so bad at this stage in the game that they are just Rofling everyone, Did any of you play warhammer, remember bright wizards? That class was nerfed in every patch from launch to two years into the game and they were still the best ranged DPS in the game by far. This games balance isnt that bad, people just need to get good. And some classes need buffing, If there are weak classes, or OVERNERFED classes, buff them, like arsenal merc and the commando mirror, op/scoun dps. But dont over buff, just give them more tools for success in todays state of the game.

Everyone should feel powerful on thier class. Thats what keeps subs and people playing a range of classes healthy for variety of the games fights. Remember how many ops and scoundrels there were towards launch? How many do you see dpsing now? close to none. Thats what happens when you nerf. How many mercs and comamndos do you see tracer/graving now compared to before? Not nearly as much, alot of them quit the game, servers died. lets not keep screwing that up by repeating it.

Lets nerf marauders and sentinels and assassins and shadows and then vanguards and powertechs too. Lets only leave juggs and guardians and sorcs and sages fighting each other all day.

We are the only class that is required to use autoattacks in regards of ressource management

Do you honestly believe that? Have you played any other classes?

If you believe that, and have the other classes as well, I would very much like to know your rotations, because I have not played a single AC except maybe hybrid lightning/madness sorc that can spam all of their abilites without going out of force/tech/heat etc. Granted sage/sorc have a large pool, so they take a long time to go dry, but when they are dry they are really dry. All others with "fast" regenerating resource need to manage that resource carefully or else they run dry as well. (dont forget, warriors have to use their default attack to generate rage (vengeance jugg rarely needs to use this)) So, in my experience, all classes needs to use default attacks (no autoattack in TOR) in regards of resource management (except, as stated above, sorc/sage).

there are two talents to boost railshot armor penetration one of the bottom of ap tree and another in the middle of the pyrotech tree. If you specced pyrotech you can get both and have full armor penetration.

60% + 30% = 90%

Do you honestly believe that? Have you played any other classes?

If you believe that, and have the other classes as well, I would very much like to know your rotations, because I have not played a single AC except maybe hybrid lightning/madness sorc that can spam all of their abilites without going out of force/tech/heat etc. Granted sage/sorc have a large pool, so they take a long time to go dry, but when they are dry they are really dry. All others with "fast" regenerating resource need to manage that resource carefully or else they run dry as well. (dont forget, warriors have to use their default attack to generate rage (vengeance jugg rarely needs to use this)) So, in my experience, all classes needs to use default attacks (no autoattack in TOR) in regards of resource management (except, as stated above, sorc/sage).

Got any other class beside scoundrels that regenerates ressources slower the lower their pool is? I have yet to see slinger going oom. For rotations check your local class forums :)

And I didnt say mindlessly spam all attacks. Again someone trying to turn words- I really wonder why everyone is doing that, probably when no other arguments are available.

And if you want to compare abilities that actively build ressources with fillers that are only there to pass the time, be my guest. But with the low CD of several ressource generating skills in that class (knight/warrior) yes with good rotations you will use those "default attacks" (thanks again for the word mincing, shows class :D) once in a life time.

Edited by Twor

Flame burst doesnt ignore armor, so get your **** straight before you rant. And High impact bolt/railshot doesnt completely ignore armor either, it ignores 90% with 8 points required to get that from the tree. ( the 30% is the upper part of a mini tree) And your info that it always places a dot and snares and blah blah, thats all tree feated. You know what else triggers a proc, is spammable, and snares? Force lightning. Lots of classes have feed in skills.

Flame burst / Ion Pulse actually does elemental damage, which by default ignores armor.

However, it is certainly not an OP damaging ability compared to other instant casts and it is our main spam tool, making it have a cast-time would absolutely ravage this class.

Can you imagine a Vanguard tank having to cast his main ability constantly to get aggro (already a problem) and stacking absorb buff up while being involved in multi-mob, or mobile fights in raids.

That would be absolutely ridiculous.

I dont play that class, but to be honest, the only nerf this game needs is the carebears and baddies that constantly cries for nerfs

Flame burst do elemetal damage - all elemental damage ignore armor. It also automatically applies cylinder effect which also apply slow and dot, it is spammable and has 10 meters. I tried it in warzones, if you just spam flame burst only with proccable railshots you kill any class faster than they kill you just pressing two buttons flame burst and railshot, none of othe abilities needed. Using this two abilities almost always allow you to kill two target before you overheat.

Flame burst do elemetal damage - all elemental damage ignore armor. It also automatically applies cylinder effect which also apply slow and dot, it is spammable and has 10 meters. I tried it in warzones, if you just spam flame burst only with proccable railshots you kill any class faster than they kill you just pressing two buttons flame burst and railshot, none of othe abilities needed. Using this two abilities almost always allow you to kill two target before you overheat.

RS can proc every 6 seconds. If you keep spamming FB the whole time you will overheat very fast. And in the 50ish WZ you won't kill a single target before overheating with that sorry (adrenals, stims, crit cd taken aside).

And again FB is a filler, not our main nuke. The damage is does is average at best. It is used to apply the dot and reset the CD of RS. Or to finnish a target of. It is by no means a main attack skill.

no they tank as good as a juggernaut

When im plaing my pyro im top DPS when im plaing my Sent im top DPS, nerf whichever you like :D

no they tank as good as a juggernaut

You really have no idea what you are talking about, do you ?

Edited by SajPl

I consider Powertech/Vanguard to be a very fun to play and good class, but not really a raging infernal daemon bent on destroying the world and all that we hold dear. In fact, they have several weaknesses: one is lack of range to be truly effective, another is the fact that they will be murdered by most other melee classes - and can easily be taken apart by ranged if their pull is on cooldown and they are caught in the open. With that said, I still think they are a good class.

I do have some problems understanding a few of the points the original poster gives. First off, their "main attack" does not "completely ignore armor". It's just not true. It's considered elemental damage, and as such you will have a smaller damage reduction for it, that is all.

Secondly, Rail Shot ignores 90% of the targets armor does not equate to an equal damage boost. It will remove 90% of the targets armor, which if you have 5000 armor will mean you only get to use 500 of it (5000 * 0.1 = 500), which equates to around 5% damage reduction - instead of ~31%.

An average hit of 2000 (for the sake of argument), will mean you do 2000 * 0.95 = 1900 instead of 2000 * 0.69 = 1380 points of damage. In this case, that will yield a ~27% damage increase, at the cost of 5 points. Please note that this is a very simplified version and what it's really good for is increasing your damage on tank-classes - which, btw, Snipers/Gunslingers are more proficient in if spec:ed for it, in my opinion.

I'll end my rant here, I think. Kind of lost my own train of thought.