How many of us would happily pay subs for them to only bug fix for a period?

AllisonLightning

So, wanted to do Eyeless in HM but too early so we went story mode. Good thing, since a few things plus an operative roll later- I was immobilized and couldn't move. This bug has been in the game since I can remember and it's an absolute pain whenever I'm spamming anything to move again... now while I know certain things trigger it- it's insane how many bugs we're still navigating that get left in the game causing repeated issues, sometimes minor and sometimes so severe- and you spent time and resources on a new gear tier and reputation system for it.

The sheer resources you dumped into creating the Command system could have fixed many pre-existing issues. And I can't help but think what old and new bugs are just going to fester away in SWTOR for whatever comes next to try and make us keeping paying our subscriptions. I'm not talking content- I'm talking eldritch gear grind and nerfs designed purely to try and slow things down to hide the lack of content, or I don't know, NiM Gods being balanced around 252 over 248- hell, even 230-236-242 as SM/HM/NiM.

All I want is work put into the bugs and issues this game has and a commitment to putting that effort into fixing the mess would certainly be enough to keep my subscription running. It'd be one thing if it was just pure content being released without a new grind between expansions but instead it's ten thousand bug hunts on Ossus- and FYI, when your playerbase scrabbles to stay ahead of nerfs, PvP inequalities and to get to the first new NiM Operation since Dread Palace- it's not them enjoying the Ossus Grind Wars and 'give the players more of this'.

It's them desperately trying to keep what keeps them paying their subscription and then there's those who finally drop their subscriptions and if those people didn't matter- we'd still have West Coast servers.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All of the bugs added with Ossus that Bioware steadfastly refuses to acknowledge was what finally drove me to drop my sub. My frustration level hit max then poured over. Thoughtless design decisions didn't help either. Like one of the big complaints when they introduced new companions with 4.0 was our inability to change their gear, so they started fixing a few then stopped before they finished. Then they add Paxton in the same way since apparently they learned nothing and really don't care what makes their customers happy.

Patch 5.11 - BUG HUNT!

Turn on Double XP, and just fix bugs in the months leading up to it.

We don't need a new Arena, we don't need anything new for months. Just please fix so much of the substantial stuff that's broken ever since QA went out the window during 5.x.

Patch 5.11 - BUG HUNT!

We don't need a new Arena, we don't need anything new for months. Just please fix so much of the substantial stuff that's broken ever since QA went out the window during 5.x.

Going from the sheer amount of bugs I've seen people posting about on the forums, just fixing those would be the equivalent of adding additional content.

So, wanted to do Eyeless in HM but too early so we went story mode. Good thing, since a few things plus an operative roll later- I was immobilized and couldn't move. This bug has been in the game since I can remember and it's an absolute pain whenever I'm spamming anything to move again... now while I know certain things trigger it- it's insane how many bugs we're still navigating that get left in the game causing repeated issues, sometimes minor and sometimes so severe- and you spent time and resources on a new gear tier and reputation system for it.

I really thought this bug was fixed. I haven't run into the scamper-stuck bug in 2? years.

I would in a heartbeat.

Let's open up the way-back machine and fix the bugs that will at this point still be in the game when the game is sun-setted:

Revisit the original story content and fixing all the graphical bugs, from skewed textures, stones, lamps, trees, buildings, etc., not positioned on the ground, seams where two textures should meet on the ground not quite doing so (Axial park, great example), and a host of overlapping objects competing for the same geometrical space (rugs / columns / walls etc.).... and... here's the joke of the century...make them put companion beds in the Jedi Defender Corvette.

Then from there, they need to work their way forward through more recent content. Voice-overs, even if they must pull old recordings off the shelf for dead voice actors, any buggy PvP maps, being granted SoR at 53 but its flashpoints being in hard mode only until you hit 55, etc.

And then tie it all off by finally fixing the horde of bugs in 5.10 and whatever they did to break GSF.

I'd be happy with not a single new feature, species, item off the cartel market, nothing if I knew a truly deep dive end-to-end on bugs was forth coming. They can recycle cartel market stuff for the daily fire sale which takes practically no coding time at all (wouldn't happen every day if it did) and focus whatever skeleton crew is still manning the controls on SWTOR to make a profound effort quashing that bug list.

Edited by xordevoreaux

Technically we already pay for bug fixing. However, with the official stance that "non-critical" bugs will not be fixed, that doesn't happen and I would indeed love if they dedicated a patch to bug squishing. My Saber Marshal's hood has had the awful clipping issue since 1.2, they've never done anything about that *********** annoying billboard from strongholds/conquest being stuck on the screen, animal mounts still don't preview properly, companions still have incorrect use of tank/healer voice sets etc. I'm sure everyone can add a dozen broken things they see daily that's been around forever :\

I would pay money for them to stop adding new things until they fix a large number of outstanding bugs.

Wait... I do... I pay a monthly subscription.

Devs, please concentrate on bugs?

That's what I was gonna say. I do. I have been. I most likely still will. They have not fixed them with the subs that have been around. Why would I think more would matter? The Republic heroic mission on Makeb, "Into the fire" has been broken for 4+ years. It was part of the conquest goals last week and could not be complete because the final boss never spawned. It's not about the number of subs. It's not about the number of loot crate sales. They just don't fix bugs.

Patch 5.11 - BUG HUNT!

Im on board with this

Patch 5.11 - BUG HUNT!

I think it might be reasonably safe to say that this would be many people’s all-time favorite update. :cool:

Consider me on board with this idea.

Surely that was what the summer of PvP was for all non pvp players. Or the long periods where there was no content at all. Or the current state of the game where subscribers pay for a AAA service but get development mostly focused on the Cartel Market.

I have seen no evidence that by not adding content they have improved the state of the game. So any suggestion they should focus on bugs over content would likely be seen as a means to move the 2 of the 3 remaining devs to Anthem and see how long subscribers would go with the occasional bug fix.

Surely that was what the summer of PvP was for all non pvp players. Or the long periods where there was no content at all. Or the current state of the game where subscribers pay for a AAA service but get development mostly focused on the Cartel Market.

I have seen no evidence that by not adding content they have improved the state of the game. So any suggestion they should focus on bugs over content would likely be seen as a means to move the 2 of the 3 remaining devs to Anthem and see how long subscribers would go with the occasional bug fix.

DONT GIVE EA IDEAS LIKE THAT!!!!!!! :eek:

They have enough horrible greed-based ideas without your help. :p:rolleyes:

Edited by VelvetSanity

No. I'm already paying them to fix bugs. It's called a subscription. We have enormous content droughts they could use to fix the hundreds of problems this game has, but instead they put all their devs onto the Anthem team and ignore all the bugs while dripfeeding us tiny bits of content every 6 months or so. Why would I be willing to pay them the same amount of money for them to do even LESS? Edited by AscendingSky