Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Discussion Topic: Game Update 5.4 and the Next Roadmap

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Discussion Topic: Game Update 5.4 and the Next Roadmap
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Rion_Starkiller
08.02.2017 , 12:39 PM | #1001
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
I fear you are right...I'm more fearful we'll never see one.
We can dream, can't we?
-Beruhl
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Soon™
Quote: Originally Posted by Trolltar View Post
I believe he's quoting a frequent contributor to these forums. His name is Strawman.

Glzmo
08.02.2017 , 12:49 PM | #1002
Quote: Originally Posted by santafaye View Post
hey keith i had a suggestion is it at all possible to get a cross fashion companion customize vendor on the fleets seeing how alot of our companions are now cross fashion .rock on my friends
That would be nice. Or at least make all companion customizations bind on legacy so people can move them to their characters on the other side.

Rion_Starkiller
08.02.2017 , 02:10 PM | #1003
Quote: Originally Posted by GavinGR View Post
Hey Keith, Eric

Is there maybe information if you get the old 3.0 armor "Revanite Enforcer sets " back in the game? https://torf.mmo-fashion.com/revanit...fessional-pub/
I don't know if you noticed, but the current Light and Dark side vendor legacy armors are old brutalizer pvp sets. So I imagine they will recycle the revanite and exarch sets at some point. Maybe 7.0?
-Beruhl
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Soon™
Quote: Originally Posted by Trolltar View Post
I believe he's quoting a frequent contributor to these forums. His name is Strawman.

MeNaCe-NZ
08.02.2017 , 02:58 PM | #1004
And you got love with Manaan. I'm fine with more being added, but it sure as hell doesn't keep people playing or bring players back.
You honestly can't say that for sure ... I'm sure it will bring a few players back and/or keep a few subbed longer. How many? Probably not a lot but more than had they done nothing or just released a flashpoint with no stronghold.

Also if it's just recycling assets from the content already created (for the landscape) and a separate designer(s) who make the stronghold itself vs those designing content ... no real harm done.

Dekibra
08.02.2017 , 03:00 PM | #1005
Quote: Originally Posted by GavinGR View Post
Hey Keith, Eric

Is there maybe information if you get the old 3.0 armor "Revanite Enforcer sets " back in the game? https://torf.mmo-fashion.com/revanit...fessional-pub/
I really hope they recycle these sets!! I know, probably very low on their priority list (and rightfully so) but a girl can dream

TUXs
08.02.2017 , 03:07 PM | #1006
Quote: Originally Posted by MeNaCe-NZ View Post
You honestly can't say that for sure ... I'm sure it will bring a few players back and/or keep a few subbed longer. How many? Probably not a lot but more than had they done nothing or just released a flashpoint with no stronghold.

Also if it's just recycling assets from the content already created (for the landscape) and a separate designer(s) who make the stronghold itself vs those designing content ... no real harm done.
You can believe whatever you want. I know what I think. I don't believe a single player would return just for another house.

I didn't say it would harm the game either. Few additions can, CXP is the exception.
All warfare is based on deception • If his forces are united, separate them • If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near • A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer • 7-day FREE sub • FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

MeNaCe-NZ
08.02.2017 , 03:19 PM | #1007
You can believe whatever you want. I know what I think. I don't believe a single player would return just for another house.

I didn't say it would harm the game either. Few additions can, CXP is the exception.
Welcome to denial then, it's a growing club for these forums so you won't be lonely there.

Fwiw Manaan kept me around a month longer than I anticipated being subbed so there is that but you said returned and I didn't really "return" for it but you did say in your earlier statement around player retention so there is that.

TUXs
08.02.2017 , 03:25 PM | #1008
Quote: Originally Posted by MeNaCe-NZ View Post
Welcome to denial then, it's a growing club for these forums so you won't be lonely there.
With Bioware Montreal closing yesterday (the guys who made ME:A), I don't think it's I who am in denial. I don't believe this game has time to win back the one person who you seem to know who enjoyed strongholds. I feel like it's a tremendously poor use of time and resources.
All warfare is based on deception • If his forces are united, separate them • If you are far from the enemy, make him believe you are near • A leader leads by example not by force
My referral code: here What you get: here (1 FREE transfer • 7-day FREE sub • FREE Jumpstart and Preferred Bundles)

Transcendent
08.02.2017 , 03:33 PM | #1009
With Bioware Montreal closing
Merging with Motive

The interesting take from that is;

Quote:
Motive Studios is currently headed by Jade Raymond, who has been working on an unannounced Star Wars project for the past two years. The game, which has no official title, is described as a “Star Wars in the style of Uncharted.” Motive also has been working with DICE and Criterion on the upcoming Star Wars Battlefront II.
So, maybe 1313 wasn't entirely killed off? One can hope.

Thanks to everyone who has used my Refer a Friend link over the years, may the force be with you.

masterceil
08.02.2017 , 03:37 PM | #1010
Quote: Originally Posted by Transcendent View Post
Merging with Motive

The interesting take from that is;

So, maybe 1313 wasn't entirely killed off? One can hope.
Hmm... What's 'Uncharted' like? Would an MMO/SWTOR fan like it?

Not a gamer, I pretty much only play SWTOR : )
Appreciate the help/snark in the above post? Click here to help me out!
Celestial ArgonautsCelestial Dreadnauts
Star Forged from the Ebon Hawk cacd.enjin.com