Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cybertech and a Guardian Tank

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Cybertech and a Guardian Tank

ElevenBfour
12.30.2012 , 09:08 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by grallmate View Post
Honestly, I'd take Bio on the Guardian tank and swap the others to Cybertech (VG) and Artifice (Shadow).

Guardian tanks benefit from being able to swap between Might and Fortitude stims mid fight. I open with a Might stim on and then swap to Fortitude later when threat is less of an issue whereas my PT and Assassin tanks both just use Fortitude stims the whole time.

The only skills that are worth using on raiding toons are:
- Cybertech to RE Ears, Armourings, Mods and for grenades (<3 my 2nd AoE mezz on my Scoundrel)
- Biochem for reusable adrenals/stims/medpacks and the RE implants
- Artifice to RE Hilts, Relics and Enhancements
- Armstech to RE Barrels

Of those, only the Ear, Implant, Relic and Hilt can't be taxied between toons using legacy gear. Low level grenades stun just as well as high level ones and Exotech stims/adrenals are better than reusable Rakata ones.

EDIT: Of course, our raiding style is to RE for mats and schematics before giving to companions and to RE non-BiS mods anyway. If your guild is interested in gearing companions through raiding those things are a lot less useful, but if you can convince them to RE instead of gearing companions you can get a whole slew of Molecular Stabilisers.
Great advice, thanks.

MantorokTwelve
12.30.2012 , 10:10 PM | #12
There's nothing more convenient than having a rakata stim, adrenal, and medpack. I'm probably going to eventually turn all my pub characters into crafters and make all my Imp raiders biochem. Yes exotechs are better, but I'm not really going to bother unless I'm doing cutting edge progression raiding and we're really having THAT much trouble.