Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Companion Heals Target

Cuddlecreeper's Avatar


Cuddlecreeper
02.28.2018 , 05:55 AM | #1
On My Sith Assassin Xalek Heals Enemys and not heal me i looked at skills for him and he has heals target which should be heals player if a admin sees this please contact me

xXAstroHDXx's Avatar


xXAstroHDXx
02.28.2018 , 06:47 AM | #2
Well, I don't know what is going on with your Xalek, but for me it's totally fine.
Try to change companions and get back Xalek, maybe it'll help you.

Darth Jadus Aloysius

Cuddlecreeper's Avatar


Cuddlecreeper
04.01.2018 , 10:48 PM | #3
Sorry This Is So Late But I Got to FE And Xalek's Gone So He's Not A Problem And He Was Always My Least FAvorite Companion

Equeliber's Avatar


Equeliber
04.03.2018 , 01:00 AM | #4
You sound like you are a new player and just generally new to the MMO genre.

Healing abilities are targeted at friendly NPCs and players. You just physically cannot heal your enemy. When your companion or a player healer heals you, YOU are indeed his target. That's why the ability says "target". It wouldn't make sense for it to say "heals the player" because players are not the only possible "targets". Heals are essentially the same as offensive skills, just that they can only be aimed at friendly targets and restore health instead of lowering it.

Everything is fine with your companion and hope I cleared some things up for you.
Ael Veela, Sith Marauder Klorea, Sith Sorcerer Cinthie, Sith Assassin Lora Leigh, Sniper Darth Malgus

Cuddlecreeper's Avatar


Cuddlecreeper
04.11.2018 , 10:32 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Equeliber View Post
You sound like you are a new player and just generally new to the MMO genre.

Healing abilities are targeted at friendly NPCs and players. You just physically cannot heal your enemy. When your companion or a player healer heals you, YOU are indeed his target. That's why the ability says "target". It wouldn't make sense for it to say "heals the player" because players are not the only possible "targets". Heals are essentially the same as offensive skills, just that they can only be aimed at friendly targets and restore health instead of lowering it.

Everything is fine with your companion and hope I cleared some things up for you.
Im Not New To MMOs I Have 3 Years Of Experience With Them This Happened In A Buggy Patch And i Have Played SWTOR For Half A year Im No Noob I Have Two Characters On DLC One On Eternal Throne And One On Fallen Empire

Gyronamics's Avatar


Gyronamics
04.12.2018 , 07:13 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Cuddlecreeper View Post
Im Not New To MMOs I Have 3 Years Of Experience With Them This Happened In A Buggy Patch And i Have Played SWTOR For Half A year Im No Noob I Have Two Characters On DLC One On Eternal Throne And One On Fallen Empire
You Don't Need To Worry About Your Companion. The Target Is Only Allowed To Be You Or Someone Who You Are In A Party With. Your Companion Will Heal You If In Healing Mode Without Being Told. If You Really Want You Can Use Their Ability Buttons To Make Them Heal You Or Someone In A Party With You But They Will Do It By Them Selves Just Fine. There Is Nothing Wrong With The Words Or Result Of Your Companions Healing Abilities. They Will Not Ever Heal An Enemy. Again, The Only Target They Can Heal Is You Or Anyone In A Party With You.
Hotwired

Niman, Tomb of Freedon Nadd, The Red Eclipse, Darth Malgus

2011 - The Immortals, The Lumberjacks, Nano, Not Good Enough, Disciples of Babylon, Salt Miners - 2018

PrincessShAmy's Avatar


PrincessShAmy
04.12.2018 , 07:25 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Gyronamics View Post
You Don't Need To Worry About Your Companion. The Target Is Only Allowed To Be You Or Someone Who You Are In A Party With. Your Companion Will Heal You If In Healing Mode Without Being Told. If You Really Want You Can Use Their Ability Buttons To Make Them Heal You Or Someone In A Party With You But They Will Do It By Them Selves Just Fine. There Is Nothing Wrong With The Words Or Result Of Your Companions Healing Abilities. They Will Not Ever Heal An Enemy. Again, The Only Target They Can Heal Is You Or Anyone In A Party With You.
You don't think that the OP could have had something buggy with their companion? This is Bioware.

And was it really necessary to mock them?

Equeliber's Avatar


Equeliber
04.14.2018 , 05:44 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by PrincessShAmy View Post
You don't think that the OP could have had something buggy with their companion?
Nope.
Ael Veela, Sith Marauder Klorea, Sith Sorcerer Cinthie, Sith Assassin Lora Leigh, Sniper Darth Malgus