HM BP final fight

so do you have to be in all epics to be able to do it? I had two groups each put in 5 attempts fail at this fight, both of them were made of competent players. So what gives BW? Why the heck do you overtune a fight this much?

Let me tell you, wasting 12-25K credits on that fight for repairs is fricken illogical.

Edited by Red_Vs_Blue

We did it with two guys in just-leveled gear and one who had played like an absolute retard taking commendation instead of mod rewards between 40-50 and was therefore in mostly green l40 gear (he even still had 2 l30 pieces on) >.>.

You just need a healer with half a clue about how to play and you'll be fine, if you're having trouble then I'm sorry to say it is most likely that you just have a very bad healer, this is one of the harder flashpoints but it is by no means impossible in just-levelled gear.

probably so, we had a jugg first time and a operative as our healer, and this time we had a BH as our tank, and i think a bh or w.e it was as our healer. Tank has 15K hp unbuffed or so.

Idk, i may just have bad luck, but the first group was composed of very good players, so i am kind of dumbstruck. I still think it needs nerfing, because all prior bosses are easy.

Idk, i may just have bad luck, but the first group was composed of very good players, so i am kind of dumbstruck. I still think it needs nerfing, because all prior bosses are easy.

This is definitely the problem with the flashpoint model but by no means a reason for a nerf, the fights are generally very interesting for the endbosses, if anything the rest of the instance needs to be tuned up instead of endbosses tuned down. The first bosses are always very very easy but the endboss comparitively is usually quite a bit harder (most of the HM FP endbosses are actually far harder than the normal raid bosses apart from maybe Soa).

Dont treat HM Flashpoints as the only way to gear though just because thats what you have done in other MMOs where it goes levelling -> 5mans -> raids, you should easily be able to PuG 4/5 NM EV and Bonethrasher even in just leveled gear which give absolute ****tons of Columni gear.

Remember in this game the progression order is:

Levelling -> 4man NM L50s (D7/Ilum/Emperor)(optional) -> Tionese HM Flashpoint bosses (all that are not endbosses, endbosses drop Columni) -> NM raids -> Columni HM Flashpoint bosses -> HM raids -> Nightmare Raids

You can do pretty much everything except nightmare in just levelled gear but it will get more difficult the further along you go.

Edited by Mikesglory

yeah, too bad there are not enough 50's and for some reason you need tionese crystals and tionese commendations to buy the gear, why two forms of currency is beyond me. And as to pugging operations, idk man, it is a pain in the arse as it is to find a group for hm's on my realm (it is a heavy pop realm as well).

People need to start lvling up faster, or we really need the addition of a rdf.

Strange on my realm we have over 200 l50s logged on at once (bloodworthy) and groups for anything fill instantly, guess you just got a bad realm.

But seriously give the raids a try, we were lolling when we found out how easy they were.

Oh and False Emperor HM is very easy too like BT, would say difficulty wise its BT > False > BP > Foundary

Unsure where D7 or battle for illum come in as not done those two.

Its 2 forms of currency because you get the majority of commendations from raiding and the majority of crystals from HM Flashpoints, its an attempt to force you to do both raiding and flashpoints instead of just one of them. But by the time you come to spending those crystals youll probably be almost full Columni anyway (each raid reset you get ~3pieces of gear, ~6 if you do both normal and HM)

Edited by Mikesglory

\

Let me tell you, wasting 12-25K credits on that fight for repairs is fricken illogical.

Really? Since when is spending some chump change on repairs on a relatively new fight is illogical?

What do you want, walk in, faceroll, walk out?

The fight becomes much much easier with proper positioning.

The rockets from the commander have a range of 31 meters.

Position like this:

Commander

Tank

(31 meters away from commander while in range of tank)

Healer

Rest of group+Security chief.

Burn down security chief then have dps go and kill commander. This way the aoe damage only comes for 1/3 of the fight instead of 2/3. Also your healer doesn't take damage and can heal to their hearts content.

Bugged loot chest though woo.