Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

SWTOR: Complete Guide to Cleansing in PvP (5.9)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
SWTOR: Complete Guide to Cleansing in PvP (5.9)

TrixxieTriss
06.21.2018 , 11:46 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by kissingaiur View Post
It helps to activate “show only cleanable debuffs”, this will filter out a lot of crap and make it easier for you to identify which debuffs are ones you should cleanse. Remember that the debuffs that have the most value in cleansing are ccs which are have 6 unique icons. In pvp these are the only ones you should be paying attention to, which makes it easier.
Thanks for the tip. I’ve never thought to change it.

Marmeladix
06.23.2018 , 08:53 AM | #12
This is a good guide.

But is pointless atm, since is at least 5 years overdue and now makes no difference at all for the many ******* that „play” wz with cleansing CD set to 0 and macro it in a loop even for their whole group!

Yet, is better to come out with a guide too late and pointless for the players, than compose it too soon and pointless for the devs!! - that 5 years ago had still a solid base of payers-players and could not care less about their insights.

So thank you for it you "real player" guide writer - since an advertise stun in time is worth more than a big black bird in the air!

TrixxieTriss
06.27.2018 , 01:06 AM | #13
This needs another bump till Musco stickies it.

TrixxieTriss
06.27.2018 , 01:18 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by kissingaiur View Post
It helps to activate “show only cleanable debuffs”, this will filter out a lot of crap and make it easier for you to identify which debuffs are ones you should cleanse. Remember that the debuffs that have the most value in cleansing are ccs which are have 6 unique icons. In pvp these are the only ones you should be paying attention to, which makes it easier.
Hottie, quick question as I can’t find how you do this properly. At first I assumed you meant to do it under preferrences, but I couldn’t find the setting.
I then looked at the GUI editing and saw you can select how buffs operate, but I can’t see a specific setting to show only cleansable debuffs.
Am I looking in the right area? If so, what setting should I have it on?

Thanks in advance

Edit: sorry one more question that’s been bugging me for a while now and I don’t really trust anyone to really know the answer except you and rambol.
With Sabre reflect and other reflecting type abilities different classes have. Do the reflects record as damage “you” actually do? If so, does that mean if a Merc does 34k crit while I’ve reflect up, that I will record a 34k hit?

Ld-Siris
06.27.2018 , 02:35 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
Hottie, quick question as I can’t find how you do this properly. At first I assumed you meant to do it under preferrences, but I couldn’t find the setting.
I then looked at the GUI editing and saw you can select how buffs operate, but I can’t see a specific setting to show only cleansable debuffs.
Am I looking in the right area? If so, what setting should I have it on?
Open interface editor > Click operation frame > Scroll down till you find the toggle show only cleansable effects. This is only for showing debuffs in the ops frame.

Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
Edit: sorry one more question that’s been bugging me for a while now and I don’t really trust anyone to really know the answer except you and rambol.
With Sabre reflect and other reflecting type abilities different classes have. Do the reflects record as damage “you” actually do? If so, does that mean if a Merc does 34k crit while I’ve reflect up, that I will record a 34k hit?
Yes it counts as your damage. It even counts as your kill when you kill a player with a reflect ability up.

TrixxieTriss
06.27.2018 , 03:46 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Ld-Siris View Post
Open interface editor > Click operation frame > Scroll down till you find the toggle show only cleansable effects. This is only for showing debuffs in the ops frame.
I don’t want it in the Ops frames. Is there another option?

Valadeus
06.27.2018 , 06:17 AM | #17
Yet another informative and helpful guide from KissingAiur and Rambol.

Keep up the good work, maybe we can get more people interested and involved!
If you wish the world to be a better place, begin by showing them what that means.

~Witness41920 (Acts 4:19-20)

WayOfTheWarriorx
06.27.2018 , 08:24 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Ld-Siris View Post

Yes it counts as your damage. It even counts as your kill when you kill a player with a reflect ability up.
Yeah, you can actually see when defeated.

34K reflect from so and so.

I hate dying from my own attack

KendraP
06.27.2018 , 08:53 AM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by WayOfTheWarriorx View Post
Yeah, you can actually see when defeated.

34K reflect from so and so.

I hate dying from my own attack
I love killing other players with their own attack lol

Vissionary
06.27.2018 , 09:01 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by KendraP View Post
I love killing other players with their own attack lol
OP Guardian move that needs a nerf, prove me wrong ... in fact, nerf guardians in general! Only 'mandos should have a reflect!

On a serious note are their any healers out there that dont keep their cleanse on CD?? Or is it just me while face tanking?
Satele Shan's #1 Big Spoon