I inherited a Guild???

Kheldyn

Ok, not sure *** happened but I've round up becoming the head (maybe owner, not sure) of a guild. I was about to do a /gquit , after months of no other guild members being on, when i realized that one of my alts had been made 'Grandmaster' of the guild, and to make it worse it was one of my rarily played alts. Now should i be a jerk and clean house (alot of the other players haven't on since mid 2019, and the couple that did have already left for greener pastures), or be the nice guy and leave things alone, and see if the people who I used run with come back?

If you have a conscience then either manage the guild properly or hand over leadership to someone who wants to be leader.

If you do not have a conscience boot everyone out the guild, but only after asking for a healthy guild donation for "maintenance purposes." Liquidate everything you can from the guild bank, then sell the guild to the community for 500mil or more.

Yeahhhhhh, unfortunately i have a conscience (d@mmit). I'm thinking to leave be a for awhile ( another 3 mos.) and if no one shows or wants take it over, I'll be able to sell it off worry free, cause seriously some of the other people in the guild had my IRL info, and could have at least texted me a heads up ( even it was to laugh and say its all your Sucker).

What's the name of the guild? What server is it on? I doubt you could get 50 million. I remember a few folks selling guilds last year and were trying to get 50m and were having trouble. My guess is that's only gotten worse over time.

Is it Imp or pub? If pub I'd be surprised if you get 20 million. Is there a ship, guild hall or was it a small struggling guild of 10 to 20 people?

I ask because I might be interested but it needs to be a US server, Imperial side.

one of my rarily played alts.

Make sure to pass the guild lead to one of your more frequently played alts if you intend to keep the guild.

You could just become a "custodian" for the guild until others return, or just /gquit as you were going to and find pastures new and let it become someone else's guild and quandary.

Go with your conscience.

Yeahhhhhh, unfortunately i have a conscience (d@mmit). I'm thinking to leave be a for awhile ( another 3 mos.) and if no one shows or wants take it over, I'll be able to sell it off worry free, cause seriously some of the other people in the guild had my IRL info, and could have at least texted me a heads up ( even it was to laugh and say its all your Sucker).

Well if the entire guild left including the guild master and left it for you to inherit, then clearly they stopped caring. I don't think it's "bad" for you to do as you please with the guild. I understand your initial hesitation but really they abandoned it and you came back. It's all fair but think before you sell it. It can be kind of nice to have a guild of your own including a guild ship and all that.

If you have a conscience then either manage the guild properly or hand over leadership to someone who wants to be leader.

If you do not have a conscience boot everyone out the guild, but only after asking for a healthy guild donation for "maintenance purposes." Liquidate everything you can from the guild bank, then sell the guild to the community for 500mil or more.

That last part is just too funny. Well done! :D

Ok, not sure *** happened but I've round up becoming the head (maybe owner, not sure) of a guild. I was about to do a /gquit , after months of no other guild members being on, when i realized that one of my alts had been made 'Grandmaster' of the guild, and to make it worse it was one of my rarily played alts. Now should i be a jerk and clean house (alot of the other players haven't on since mid 2019, and the couple that did have already left for greener pastures), or be the nice guy and leave things alone, and see if the people who I used run with come back?

The biggest thing has to do with the original guild master. How long have they been gone? If it's been a year or more, then there's nothing preventing you from doing whatever you want with the guild. The game has these rules in place, and they're clear for all to see.

This actually happened to me several times. However, my case was different because the guild master was still playing. He simply stopped subscribing. First, he forgot to renew his sub, so I ended up with GM unexpectedly. When he panicked and resubbed, I was happy to pass GM back to him. After all, it was his guild. He created it.

The next time, he deliberately let his sub lapse. He was burnt out. Still, he would log in every couple of weeks to play, so I new he was still in the game. Selling/booting his toons would have been a major slap in the face. Eventually, I stopped subbing, and when I came back, he was still around. He told me he sold the guild a long time ago, lol.

Long story short, I respected the original owner. If he had gone AFK for 1 year plus and never logged in, then I see no reason why you can't do whatever you want with the guild. Usually, in these scenarios, the guild is a shell of its former self anyway, probably with few/none online. If you want our permission to to get rich quick, consider this the same thing as scoring an Unstable Arbiters Lightsaber on the GTN for 5 million. You just won the jackpot, congratulations. :D

Edited by sharkfishman

If you don't intend to do anything about managing the guild - planning events, organizing FPS and OPs, recruiting, etc - you may as well just quit that guild and join some other. (I recently left a dead guild and joined a much more active one - I shoulda done it sooner.)

If you think you want to keep the guild, be sure to transfer the "Guildmaster" title from that seldom used alt to a more active one. The way you became "GM" was because the previous GM didn't log on for 28 days and the GM status was auto-assigned to your alt. To avoid losing the GM status, you need the GM to log in before 28 days elapse - it's easier to do that if the GM is also your main character.

If you leave for greener pastures, you could make an MOTD that tells people where you've gone.

Edited by JediQuaker

Thanks y'all, I think i'm going to let this simmer for few days, while i try to figure out my next step, and whether i'm going to bail or stick it out.

Another option you may wanna consider. I inherited a guild a few years ago. I didn't touch anything for the first few months in case the GM came back. But after that never happened I started using it for extra storage. I've got alts in the guild, and none of the other members have logged in in years. I've been unlocking crafting perks since all those alts are crafters.

Thanks y'all, I think i'm going to let this simmer for few days, while i try to figure out my next step, and whether i'm going to bail or stick it out.

Just pass the GM title to an old officer, or previous GM, if you are not interested. Ironically, I was put in a very similar situation a few months ago.

I had just come back after a long break to find that the guild I was a part of had gone dormant. I did not mind at the time because I was just leveling old toons. Every so often, the GM, at the time, would pop on for a couple of minutes. Well, I figured I would shoot him a note, using the in game mail system, about getting other alts into guild (because of server mergers). A month or so later, I log in, and BAM....I am now GM....he just passed title and I STILL could not get alts in.

Just threw up my hands and past title back to previous GM and /gquit.

I left the guild as is out of respect for my old mates who still had toons in the guild. Who knows, they may return at some point.