Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Maintenance: May 2nd, 2017

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DavidAtkinson
05.02.2017 , 03:37 PM | #591
Quote: Originally Posted by denavin View Post
We're going to hold you to that one Keith......

If you fail.... get ready for the fire storm that will follow....
Force choke ?

Chunkyseven
05.02.2017 , 03:37 PM | #592
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

We are still in the late stages of checking everything on the servers and working through any hiccups. Still no ETA, but we are getting closer!

-eric
"We are getting closer!"
Great to hear... But what are you guys going through? Like... anything besides "hiccups"?

Cheers

DarthSpuds
05.02.2017 , 03:37 PM | #593
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

We are still in the late stages of checking everything on the servers and working through any hiccups. Still no ETA, but we are getting closer!

-eric
If you haven't got an ETA how do you have any idea if you are getting closer or not?

All The Best
#Is-This-As-Good-As-It-Gets?

If you think my comment has been helpful in anyway please >>Click Here<< for the Refer A Friend Bonus.

BloodKnightRogue
05.02.2017 , 03:38 PM | #594
Part of me is glad this thread is exploding - it's like 3rd party confirmation a sizable amount of folks still play this game and confirms it's not dead.

auroroavalor
05.02.2017 , 03:38 PM | #595
Taking the time to get it right is far better then having the servers go up on time a mess, I appreciate the communication today.
Auro
<Carried> I <It's Lit> I <Failure>
How to Sorc Master Blaster
Twitch Youtube

firesithsalna
05.02.2017 , 03:38 PM | #596
Lies, Deception, More Lies....

DrKlep
05.02.2017 , 03:38 PM | #597
Quote: Originally Posted by josephxp View Post
To Kieth:
So do you want $0.50 back? that's about how much 1 day of subscription costs.
Yes.

Not only is it money I'm paying for a service I'm not receiving (or at least that's the case for the Euro players - whether we East Coasters get to play today is still in the air), but it would be an indication from Bioware that they take this matter seriously, take their customers seriously, and have respect for their customers' time and loyalty.

CombatLord
05.02.2017 , 03:38 PM | #598
Might as well give up hope for today, cause I would imagine that its getting close to quitting time and they will be going home or out to hang out at starbucks or a bar.
The Sith Empire will burn brightly, like a supernova, dwarfing the complacent Republic. We shall hold the entire galaxy in our grasp

Megalithian
05.02.2017 , 03:39 PM | #599
Quote: Originally Posted by Renata_Roselli View Post
This has to be the worst data center fail in the history of gaming. I never seen such a long outage in my entire gaming history. This is utterly the most pathetic and useless data center in existence.
Erm... I've seen longer outages, across several games, over the years.
So I guess maybe your gaming history isn't that long, or not covering as many games, or you've recently run a gaming history cleaner program

But all joking aside, and despite that there have been plenty of bigger outages between SWTOR and other games over the years, generally I agree on principle that the companies behind the games should invest in something better than the type of servers that one might be able to dumpster-dive for in an alley behind walmart.
There are some companies which do it right, but let's face it, if a company thinks they can squeeze an extra buck of bottom-line out of using tin cans and strings instead of something that actually connects to the internet, then they'll be running with the tin cans - and often blame it on the customers' PC's that their product isn't functioning properly.

Seterade
05.02.2017 , 03:39 PM | #600
Quote: Originally Posted by Sebas_Negsan View Post
people losing their cool here is hilarious
you haven't been waiting since 9:00 am PST...... I have patience, but the big thing here that sucks, is this isn't a job. its for fun, but we're all sitting around twiddling our thumbs cause we think maybe the next 5 minutes it will start.

worst is..... most likely bioware wont give anything more than a "thanks for waiting" and we know it.